News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ramcharger Aircleaner source???

Started by AKcharger, December 25, 2013, 09:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Is there a source for fresh air cleaners (4bbl) for my '72 Ramcharger hood or do I need to pay through the nose for the ones that occasionally pop up on ebay? also any difference between B & RB engines?

As I collect pieces for the '72's hood the Air cleaner looms as an issue.

Thanks

Ghoste

AKcharger

The base is oval but I've seen round AND oval top covers for the 4bbl...not sure which one is correct for a '72

Ghoste

I thought they were round.  I also thought someone was reproducing them, what kind of pricing are you seeing on e bay?

AKcharger

The base and top is offered by Classic industries for 6 packs but I haven't see the 4 bbl versions. Prices go from $150-600 it's all over the place

AKcharger

..wait, if Nicks garage (http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm) is to be trusted I have my answer, the baseplates are different B to RB and the aircleaner top is round

polywideblock

P G classic has them to      

http://www.pgclassic.com/product_info.php?products_id=3

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Do BEA as well?  I thought they did.

AKcharger

That's it! Cool...I'm going to have to go to web search school, all I could turn up was one for 6 packs

Thanks

AKcharger

OK I can get a Steel repro base and lid for $300 or I can get a fiberglass base and steel lid for $170...anyone think there's a big difference between steel and fiberglass???

:popcrn:

Oh and BEA has some parts but not the air cleaner, PG and year one are only sources I could find

JB400

Some of the fiberglass bases don't have the lips for the seals.  Don't know about the repo steel ones.

Ghoste

I don't know if there is much difference.  Would glass warp, would steel retain more heat?  Me being the way I am I would likely get steel but for anyone else?

polywideblock

I'd go with the steel more durable an all that   :Twocents: 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE