News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed pedal assembly to automatic

Started by comet_666, December 19, 2013, 01:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Hi guys, I have a 4 speed set up and I am switching over to an automatic so I want to remove the clutch pedal from the assembly. Do I need to just buy a brake pedal assembly or can I remove the clutch pedal from mine and use it?

JB400

According to MoparStuart's birdible thread, you can just unbolt the clutch and brake pedal and mount in the automatic brake pedal.  As far as just using the 4 spd brake pedal alone, you'd probably have to use a spacer to accommodate for the lack of a clutch pedal.

comet_666

When I went to take it apart it looked like I would need some sort of spacer, I will start checking Ebay for and automatic one!   Thanks!!

Moparparts

Yes you can use your existing main bracket and just change the pedal & pin but some years have a different automatic brake pedal for manual or power brakes. I have auto pedals & pins available as well as the bushings. PM or e-mail me

twenty mike mike

Well, that's a switch...so to speak. Most people who want to swap transmissions want to swap the opposite way.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on the board want to do a 4 speed swap, so the ideal situation would be to switch everything necessary from one car to the other as they are side by side.

Where are you located?

John_Kunkel

I don't see why you'd have to change the pedal, just keep it and replace the pivot pin with the shorter automatic version.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

comet_666

I bought an automatic brake pedal assembly for $25, little clean up and paint and were good to go!

Troy

You can just remove the clutch pedal but it should be reasonably cheap to buy and auto setup. It's only a few bolts to swap them. Don't forget to cover the hole in the firewall for the clutch rod!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

comet_666