News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I install camera to my car now?

Started by Charger_Killer, December 27, 2013, 12:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Killer

I have black dodge charger 2012 SXT. While buying my car I opted for black-top package and dint select any navigation or driver convenience packages.
Now I feel backup camera is a good option for this big lengthy car. Is there any way I can fix the camera to my car now? or it should be selected before I buy the car?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Cooter

This would be a set up you'd have to take to an electronics/car stereo shop and have an aftermarket back cam installed.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

nvrbdn

the one after market set up that i know people have used will use your rear view mirror. i know a few people that are installing those. there is another one that a friend with a ford 4x4 150 is installing that you buy a new stereo and it shows up on the screen. but they can be costly.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger_Killer

Can they setup my car display as screen? I mean the touch screen where I access climate control, audio, FM and other settings.

Charger_Killer

Any idea how much they charge for this setup?

ACUDANUT

Autozone has these wireless camera's that fit like bolts to your license plate. They cost 99 bucks. They work great too.

Troy

It sounds like you're looking for a lot more than the backup camera. That all comes as an expensive package. The dealer should be able to install it - but it would be a lot cheaper to find all of it from a salvage yard. It's just a lot more work so if the thought of tearing out your dash scares you then you should contact the dealer and be prepared to pay whatever it is they want.

If you just want to see out the back there are other options but you won't get any of the interactivity like you would with a factory touch screen.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.