News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Fast and Furious observation

Started by Ghoste, December 26, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Watching Tokyo Drift on tv this afternoon and I realized something.  The character Han is burned to a crisp in an exploding car in this third installment but he is alive and well for Furious 6.  It doesn't mean its a storyline in time sequence of course but the franchise does follow timelines for the other films so...  :icon_smile_big:

hatersaurusrex

One of the 'making of' segments said that F&F 3 supposedly happened after all the others - timeline-wise.   In fact they make some attempted mention of it in FF6, where Han talks about moving to Tokyo or something, if I remember correctly.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

That works then, I suppose with the recent passing of Paul Walker this can work to the future of the franchise then as well.

JB400

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 26, 2013, 04:17:20 PM
One of the 'making of' segments said that F&F 3 supposedly happened after all the others - timeline-wise.   In fact they make some attempted mention of it in FF6, where Han talks about moving to Tokyo or something, if I remember correctly.
I believe that was in F&F5 when they were talking about what they'd do with their share of the $100,000,000.

JamieZ

Uh...you should watch the post credits scene in FF6....

kab69440

The epilogue of 6 is Han's crash and a new character played by Jason Statham gets out of the car that hit Han and phones Dom serving to reveal a piece of the plot to 7.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

JB400

We need a spoiler alert on this for those that haven't seen F&F6 :yesnod:

I'm not done opening presents, and don't want to buy it until I'm done.

Baldwinvette77

the plot for the 7th movie is supposed to be avenging han's death, my guess is that they will work Brians death into the story somehow, offscreen or with cgi movie magic, im going to miss his character, but im going to guess the protagonist from the 3rd movie will replace him... just a guess, i have no resources  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I guess I missed the epilogue stuff in 6.

MoparManJim

Okay, for all you trying to figure out what is what and are trying to follow the story line.

Here is the lineup. 

F&F, 2F2F, Fast 4, Fast Five, Fast 6, F&F3 (ties into F&F7) 

Ghoste

But will Dorothy ever get back to Kansas?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on December 26, 2013, 08:19:47 PM
But will Dorothy ever get back to Kansas?
Yes with a 871 blower.....it aint 1970 no more.

SRT-440

Here is a home video of them filming FF7 on a parking deck...the end of the vid reveals the '70 Charger...it's back.

http://youtu.be/-YTGvE1yS7k
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Homerr

I saw the first one, entertaining enough.  Are any of the other ones worth watching?

JamieZ

4, 5, and 6 are all worth watching.  4 brought the original crew back together which I thought was impressive since they had been apart for 2 movies.  5 was a heist film...sort of like Oceans Eleven or Leverage with cars.  6 had the best cars (although 4 had some good ones too)

Ghoste

I'm actually starting to get more interested in them, might have to watch them all back to back this weekend.

MoparManJim

Quote from: JamieZ on December 26, 2013, 10:39:02 PM
4, 5, and 6 are all worth watching.  4 brought the original crew back together which I thought was impressive since they had been apart for 2 movies.  5 was a heist film...sort of like Oceans Eleven or Leverage with cars.  6 had the best cars (although 4 had some good ones too)

I can not argue with that. I had to think here and from Fast 4 on to 6 was great films to watch. Fast 6 was better then the other two though I think. Fast 5 had 3 movie plots in the film, Fast 6 had at least 4 plots. 

4cruzin

Fast and furious . . . Is the land of the skinny!   Never see any over weight people in those movies ..... lol
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

myk

Quote from: Homerr on December 26, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
I saw the first one, entertaining enough.  Are any of the other ones worth watching?

I am a major 'Fast fan, but if we're talking about the "best" of the series that can appeal to people with more mainstream tastes, then I only recommend the first and fourth films; everything else is just excess...

Mike DC

The story of this franchise over the past 13 years could fill a book or movie about itself.  It's like nothing else in Hollywood history, really.  Unplanned and unpredictable.  

They did the first three movies on a typical Hollywood sequel pattern of gradually losing stars and popularity each movie.  The second movie didn't have much from #1 besides Paul Walker and the title.   The 3rd movie had nothing but the title and a 30-second appearance by Vin Diesel after the story ended.

But then everything changed.  The studio took a chance at reviving some quality with #4 and let the director (same guy from #3) aim higher with it.  They got back every actor they wanted from all 3 earlier movies, they set it before #3 in the timeline, and the whole tone of the thing shifted a notch "bigger" and more serious.  It paid off big at the box office.

#5 & 6 continued the pattern of action/crime/drama/heist type movies.  Continually more expensive and bigger, the whole list of characters from the previous movies, and all crammed into the timeline before #3.  

--------------------

With #7 they lost their longtime director (since #3) and they have finally moved after #3 in the timeline.  The Han character is killed and now Paul Walker will be tragically "leaving" the franchise somehow.    Number 7 is now slated for a spring of 2015 release.  They pushed it back a year to deal with Walker's death.  Jason Statham is the new villain.  Kurt Russell is rumored to be involved.  The "Sling Blade" kid from #3 is back too.  

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 26, 2013, 07:50:30 PM
the plot for the 7th movie is supposed to be avenging han's death, my guess is that they will work Brians death into the story somehow, offscreen or with cgi movie magic, im going to miss his character, but im going to guess the protagonist from the 3rd movie will replace him... just a guess, i have no resources  :shruggy:

Perhaps they'll just have Byron Cherry come in and play 'Coy O'Conner', Brian's cousin.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Kern Dog

THAT is funny....I'm sure he hasn't had a call from his agent since the 80s....

Ghoste

Didn't he do a Dukesfest recently?  One of the replacement Duke boys passed away too did he not?