News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

steering box recommendations

Started by 71chargerrtclone, December 21, 2013, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71chargerrtclone

I wasn't sure whether to rebuild of get a new power steering box-any recommendations

DAY CLONA

twodko

Word. II or III, I have a stage II in my '69 and it's worth every penny.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

67440chrg

I sent my box to firm feel for a stage II rebuild a week ago. Its not back yet but they have been good to deal with and I have heard lots of great things about them.

70-500-SE-EXPORT

68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

War wagon

I have a complete borgenson kit in the garage just waiting to go on.... Wish I could give you a review....
Really hope it's what it's cracked up too be, was a lot of money

myk

fy469rtse

If I had mine to redo, check mopar muscle or action mag , they have done a late model jeep conversion steering box ,
With an adapter for 68-70 dodge chargers, steering column adapter that is, modern box equals having rack and pinion, also smaller box for header clearance , bolts in stock location can't remember the company but read it in one those two mags very recently, it's what I would do if I was about to redo my factory box .

War wagon

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 25, 2013, 08:33:49 AM
If I had mine to redo, check mopar muscle or action mag , they have done a late model jeep conversion steering box ,
With an adapter for 68-70 dodge chargers, steering column adapter that is, modern box equals having rack and pinion, also smaller box for header clearance , bolts in stock location can't remember the company but read it in one those two mags very recently, it's what I would do if I was about to redo my factory box .

That's the borgenson kit you're referring too. The one I have that's waiting to be installed.... :icon_smile_big: