News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69rt rare color ?

Started by RGA, December 25, 2013, 11:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davtona

I have an F3 car also. I had never seen one that color before I bought it. It will stay the original F3. Thats just the way I am.  ::)  I hesitate to say its a rare color as not much appears to be classified as rare around here. However that color is not very shall we say common. Its not my 1st color choice but I bought the car because of other options it has. Color was secondary as I was just glad to get one with those options and that was in 1982.

Ghoste

Rare becomes more difficult when a group of a certain object is gathered together like this.  Greens in general were a popular paint choice for Chrysler products at the close of the 60's but F3 is one of the less frequently seen ones.  I applaud you staying with the F3 but mostly just because I like the color.  :icon_smile_big:

RGA

Quote from: UFO on December 27, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
Is it rare? not likely.
I like F3, but my opinion is a little bias. :lol:

Different wih the black top and white stripe, original or did you change that ?

UFO

Quote from: RGA on December 29, 2013, 05:06:06 PM
Quote from: UFO on December 27, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
Is it rare? not likely.
I like F3, but my opinion is a little bias. :lol:

Different wih the black top and white stripe, original or did you change that ?

The top is Antique green(dark green).
The color/stripe combo is the way it was ordered.

flyboyedwards

My car may have been that color originally. Hard to tell I guess, and no tag to know for sure. I do like the color!

Ghoste

What color will it be now?

DixieRestoParts

I think back in the day, every other car coming off the production line was F3. But, you don't see many restored that way today. It doesn't age well, and I think most people associate the faded mid to late 70's F3 as what the color is and hate it. If I had a dollar for everyone that told me mine was an ugly color (since 1982 when I bought it) and to paint it orange with a Confederate flag, I could buy a restored Hemi Charger!

The paint in the top pic is faded cheapo repaint F3, but the wheels I painted in 2005. The bottom pic is from '83.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Brock Lee

I agree it was a far more common color as far as production goes. The survivors rarely are repainted this color. I owned 3, still have 1. None were still F3 when I bought them and last I knew none were restored to F3.

My current car was F3 with black top and green guts. One sold car was triple green, one had black top and black guts.

tan top

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on January 06, 2014, 04:57:02 PM
I think back in the day, every other car coming off the production line was F3. But, you don't see many restored that way today. It doesn't age well, and I think most people associate the faded mid to late 70's F3 as what the color is and hate it. If I had a dollar for everyone that told me mine was an ugly color (since 1982 when I bought it) and to paint it orange with a Confederate flag, I could buy a restored Hemi Charger!

The paint in the top pic is faded cheapo repaint F3, but the wheels I painted in 2005. The bottom pic is from '83.

nice looking 69   ,  love the slots in the 83 picture   :drool5:   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

UFO

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on January 06, 2014, 04:57:02 PM

Very nice!

Ghoste

The retaining wall background adds to it all as well.

DixieRestoParts

Thanks Guys!
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price