News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger project...Canadian?

Started by F8-4life, May 02, 2011, 07:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

that info would appear to be '69 vintage you need info from a few years later... But i thought you might be interested...
guess not.  :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 16, 2011, 01:01:14 PM
that info would appear to be '69 vintage you need info from a few years later... But i thought you might be interested...
guess not.  :shruggy:

I mean I've got most Allpar pages on bookmark :D

I love reading through that site  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

71ROADRUNNER

Quote from: F8-4life on May 02, 2011, 07:53:56 PM
The thing that is interesting is that it has "crusader" emblems on both sides and on the dash. The guy I got it from said it was a canadian charger. Although it was sold new at Spitzer dodge in Columbus, OH. Maybe it was imported?? Anybody ever heard of a crusader charger? Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys.

I'm here to tell you your not alone and it isn't the only one. I came across a '71-'74 Crusader (Charger with Crusader emblems in place of the Charger emblems) just as yours is with the exception of the exterior emblems being located on the quarter/pillar area. This one was located in a local junkyard here in Columbus, OH, I came across it looking for parts for my '88 Daytona Shelby Z at the time. I did retrieve all 3 emblems (2 exterior sides and 1 passenger side dash) since I had never seen or heard of such a Charger and I have yet to find out anything definitive about them. I too figure it to have been a renaming for the Canadian exports.

I think the exterior Crusader emblems I have are script only like the typical Charger script, without the solid background on the right half that the dash emblem has, but I'll have to wait until I get to my storage shed and find them to confirm this one way or the other.

F8-4life

Thanks for the reply! That's really cool you found one in a junkyard, I wish there was stuff like that in yards now. Anymore its mostly new stuff in and around columbus. I couldn't find any info really on the Cruasader package but the guy I got it from said he looked into it and he thought it was a Canadian car. It's a 318 colume shift, with the base dash and no A/C. Thanks again for the info it's good to know as much as I can.

71ROADRUNNER

It was around 10 years ago and I was floored to find anything like it there, as you've mentioned they usually only have newer cars. This junkyard had a suprising amount of rarer cars such as the Crusader, a couple Shelby Z Daytona's, a Turbo Z Daytona, a couple twin turbo Stealth's and turbo Talon's, a Shelby Charger, a Chrysler Conquest Tsi or two, etc. I only grabbed the Crusader emblems because I'd never seen or heard of one and because I knew it would be crushed at any time since it was far older. They also had a few other old Mopars that were from the 60's and 70's, but they were nothing worth remembering and the last time I was there was around '05 to get an interior A-pillar trim panel to cut up and attach my 3 gauge full pillar pod to in my '04 SRT-4 and they still had some rare late models, but the older ones were gone.

I would like to know why, with the vast resources of the internet, there is nothing on or about these Crusader's? You would think that if it were simply a Canadian rebadge that it would be fairly well known or if it were a dealer thing, like the Bengal Charger's, that it would be at least as well known as they are.

Magnumcharger

Found this on the web. Yes, it really doesn't apply in this circumstance.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

F8-4life

Update on this old thread, I might have the chance to get this car back.
$1500 & runs. I'm thinking it might be a good buy.