News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Survivor versus Restored ?

Started by Challenger340, December 31, 2013, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I don't see an issue with the dist cap...most all were tan back then. I would get rid of that upper hose before it rips out the radiator nipple from the top tank. Also, do something with those quik-fix battery cable ends

wires should have 90* & straight boots on the cap end in the correct locations also

maxwellwedge

Call up Frank Badalson and have him send you a spark plug wire set, rad hoses, heater hoses, rad cap, battery hold down wing nuts and washers, a PCV hose and battery cables.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

And maybe send him those pics for good measure.

maxwellwedge

Baldwinvette77

My idea of a survivor is a car thats never been off the road for extended length of time, regardless of repairs, collision, engine overhaul etc., cars that are are 90%+ original i consider "preserved"  :shruggy:

Ghoste

rarefish

I think we are starting to  :horse: here on the survivor debate.

Lord Warlock

How about looking at it from a different perspective? what constitutes a "Restoration".  I hear folks doing nut and bolt restorations, full rotisserie restorations, and resto mods.  I don't really consider what I've been doing to mine was officially a restoration, it was more of a refresh to make it roadworthy, and that has always been the goal was just to get it back on the street again, but have to admit that it seems to have gotten a little out of control fixing more than just the necessary stuff but also looking at it long term in that i didn't want to have to do it again later so opted to fix a part now instead.  My car was a true survivor car until i started fixing it, now i can't really say its a survivor anymore, its moving closer to a restoration, even though i don't classify it as one yet.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.