News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will a 69 headlight door interchange with a 68

Started by chargers777, December 28, 2013, 10:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargers777

my concern is can the charger emblem be removed and the rt moved to the proper position so everything looks correct?

fy469rtse

I don't think so, different rt badges for the doors each year and mounting spots, 68 one year only, some one on here will correct me if I'm wrong , I think the charger script also different for each year

Baldwinvette77

nope, i just did this on my 69 grille, they look the same, but don't have the holes drilled for the emblems

I think i still have that door kicking around, i kept it in my shed, but a tree fell on it, if the door is still ok its yours free, just pay shipping, BUT notice 2 large chips in the fins above the emblems  :shruggy:

Troy

The passenger side is the same (except the paint). The 69 driver's side has the Charger emblem on it where that emblem is on the center section in 68. Therefore, the 69 has more mounting locations and the R/T or arrow emblem is farther towards the side of the car.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Lee

From what I recall, the drivers side door can be converted from 68 to 69, but going in the other direction requires filling. The 68 Arrow emblem holes will fit the 69 Charger logo. You have to add the holes for the 69 arrow or R/T and in the molds you can see the 69 was just minor mold revision.