News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how many 69 Charger r/t 4 speed cars? Just curious.

Started by Charger-Bodie, December 24, 2013, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

lloyd3

Ghoste

I still always tend to use the 20% standard for the most part.  There are good arguments for more and for less though.

MxRacer855

The "20%" standard... That's the first time I've ever heard that one. I like it! I don't have any statistics to prove that correct or incorrect, it just sounds reasonable.

Ghoste

Its a generalization and I'm not sure where I first heard but many in the hobby use a 20% survival rate for muscelcars.

moparfan53

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 24, 2013, 05:13:03 PM
Just what it says. how many we're built?

I thought I remembered reading 3579 383/4spd and 3602 RT/440/4spd on the chargerregistry site.
Looks like I was half right. ;D This site shows 3605 RT/440/4spd.

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/productionfigures.htm

-Alan

:cheers:

Ghoste

The 383 powered cars are not RT's.  There are about 3600 440 onea nd a couple of hundred Hemi ones.  Those aren't exact numbers I'm going off the top of my head here.

polywideblock

not trying to hijack tread or anything but something don't add up

so how come only 330 4 speed rt's  in 71 ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Same reason they sold fewer RT's overall and fewer musclecars in general, the party was over.

six-tee-nine

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmmm....sounds like a loaded question...sumpthin' new on the horizon???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tan top

not trying to hijack
come across this video again   ,  this car was on ebay for sale a good few years back , all original unrestored  F8 R/T 440 four speed  A33 :drool5:
 did have loads of pictures of it saved but lost them all when computer blew up  :icon_smile_blackeye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7thAbUfGxw
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 25, 2013, 08:30:24 AM

Hmmm....sounds like a loaded question...sumpthin' new on the horizon???

:shruggy: wanna buy a really awesome y3 survivor?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69fuchs

I show 3605.....but a better question is how many GREEN 69 4 speed r/t's were built? 

I'll start.     mine is!!!!

LeesRT

RGA

69 440 rt , f3 green. 4 speed sitting on the bench. Just need the shifter and hump and I'm in.

Ghoste

Quote from: 69fuchs on December 25, 2013, 10:34:04 AM

I show 3605.....but a better question is how many GREEN 69 4 speed r/t's were built? 

I'll start.     mine is!!!!

I believe its 3605 powered by the 440, add in the the Hemi cars and you get the couple hundred more.

lloyd3

This thread's all over the place.  From the number of 1969 R/T 440 4-spd cars in the registry (3605?), how many are in relatively "good" condition?  By "good" I mean complete, driveable, and presentable. Not "project" cars.  Also, what does that number represent (as a percentage) of the total number of 1969 R/T 440 4spd cars originally built?  Twenty percent? If I had to bet, I'd guess that it's closer to 15 percent, and maybe even less.

tracpack440

How many 69  R/T SE 4sp where made. Is the 69registry still not operational.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Ghoste

That isn't the number in the registry, thats the number that Chrysler gave as to how many they built.

moparfan53

Quote from: lloyd3 on December 26, 2013, 01:37:50 AM
This thread's all over the place.  From the number of 1969 R/T 440 4-spd cars in the registry (3605?), how many are in relatively "good" condition?  By "good" I mean complete, driveable, and presentable. Not "project" cars.  Also, what does that number represent (as a percentage) of the total number of 1969 R/T 440 4spd cars originally built?  Twenty percent? If I had to bet, I'd guess that it's closer to 15 percent, and maybe even less.

As mentioned above by Ghoste, 3605 is amount of '69 440/4spd Chargers built by Chrysler, not the amount of cars registered.  I think there were about 200-300 registered.

moparfan53

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 26, 2013, 02:58:54 AM
How many 69  R/T SE 4sp where made...

I have a '69 R/T SE 4spd myself and have researched that question. It appears that will never be known due to the way Chrysler kept production records. The records show 20,057 Charger R/T's built. Out of those, 3,605 were 4spd cars and 4,243 were SE cars. As far as I know, there are no records of how many had both the 4spd and SE option.  

Quote Is the 69registry still not operational.

Not online yet. I am sure Ghoste will have it up as soon as he can. Setting up and running a website is much more work than most people realize. I ran one for several years myself so know from experience. Chris did a great job with it for many years. I am thankful that Ghoste stepped up to take over the challenge of running it.

-Alan

:cheers:

Here are the '69 Charger R/T production figures.

Ghoste

And just so everyone knows I am working on it, actually thought I would have it up again a couple of weeks ago but Christmas held sway, very shortly I promise.

charge69

In moperfan53's post, the graph shows 432 Hemicars built, auto and 4-speed combined. However,  what is the "XS29J9B   29" listed as.  It confuses my pea-brain as to what this number is supposed to represent.

My Charger is XS29J9B...... but it looks as if it is counted among the 226 auto Hemi Chargers in the other part of the graph.