News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

300C

Started by twodko, December 17, 2013, 11:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I looked at a sweet 2014 Chrysler 300C last week. Anyone here own one?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ponch ®

dont own one, but ive driven them and its definitely going to be my first "grown up" car  :icon_smile_big:.

No, seriously. Good ride quality, the HEMI (duh), and Chrysler has come a looong way as far as making the interiors on the car look more refined.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 17, 2013, 11:48:33 AM
dont own one, but ive driven them and its definitely going to be my first "grown up" car  :icon_smile_big:.

No, seriously. Good ride quality, the HEMI (duh), and Chrysler has come a looong way as far as making the interiors on the car look more refined.

A "grown up car" for Ponch.    :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

6spd68

Hate to be the first nay-sayer.  But, having driven one, they feel almost like a hollowed out empty shell.  Don't get me wrong, go Hemi, the power is there, but power isn't everything.  To me it lacks the 'soul' or 'spirit' I look for in the cars I drive.

I'm sure I'll catch some flack or ill criticsm, but it's just my honest opinion.  I've yet to be truely impressed by any 300's I've driven.  To the point that if I have to rent a car for work I specifically say I don't want a 300 and I'll end up with an Impala or new Taurus instead.  Lately I've gotten lucky and driven the Lincoln MKZ.

On the other hand, new Dodge Rams with the same Hemi driveline ...  GIDDY-UP!
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

hatersaurusrex

Walter White has one.  Much cooler than the Aztek he used to drive

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Paul G

2014 is the 100th anniversary of Dodge. They are doing some specials like "Black Top" and others. I might have to go see what they got soon. My wifes 09 is just about ready for a trade. Or if they do something powerful to the Dart she may have to suffer with her car while I get a new dart.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68X426

I drove one for a week as a rental. It impressed the hell out of me. Almost bought one, but "settled" on my new Challenger.  :D

The interior was excellent and the ride nimble, cushy, and yet gripped the highway very well.

Marie Shirley has had one for 3-4 years. She loves it, great performer, looks great.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Paul G on December 19, 2013, 05:25:22 PM
2014 is the 100th anniversary of Dodge. They are doing some specials like "Black Top" and others. I might have to go see what they got soon. My wifes 09 is just about ready for a trade. Or if they do something powerful to the Dart she may have to suffer with her car while I get a new dart.

If they did a 2 door Hemi Dart GTS with scat pack stripes, the line would be out the door I think

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 68X426 on December 19, 2013, 06:04:33 PM

I drove one for a week as a rental. It impressed the hell out of me.

The interior was excellent and the ride nimble, cushy, and yet gripped the highway very well.

If I was in the market to buy a new car, this would be it.  I had a brand new 300C last year and it was fun as hell driving it.   It was loaded to the hilt.  On a country road I pegged the gas pedal and got it up to 123 if I remember correctly.  I figured this out when I looked at the GPS screen - LOL.  I reset this prior to turning it back to Enterprise.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Paul G

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 19, 2013, 06:05:11 PM

If they did a 2 door Hemi Dart GTS with scat pack stripes, the line would be out the door I think

Or put that hot little 3.whatever v6 engine they got right now in the Dart. I just turned in a rental 2013 Caravan with that 3.whatever engine. That little engine rocks! That Caravan would spin the tires easily, and pulled hard right to redline. Not that I did anything like that to a rental car.  :P And got over 20 MPG in town.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ponch ®

Quote from: Paul G on December 22, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

Or put that hot little 3.whatever v6 engine they got right now in the Dart. I just turned in a rental 2013 Caravan with that 3.whatever engine. That little engine rocks! That Caravan would spin the tires easily, and pulled hard right to redline. Not that I did anything like that to a rental car.  :P And got over 20 MPG in town.

the 3.6 Pentastar? Yeah, its giddy little engine. And there's been rumors for a couple of years now that they may supercharge it for a new line of SRT6 cars.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 23, 2013, 11:41:16 AM
Quote from: Paul G on December 22, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

Or put that hot little 3.whatever v6 engine they got right now in the Dart. I just turned in a rental 2013 Caravan with that 3.whatever engine. That little engine rocks! That Caravan would spin the tires easily, and pulled hard right to redline. Not that I did anything like that to a rental car.  :P And got over 20 MPG in town.

the 3.6 Pentastar? Yeah, its giddy little engine. And there's been rumors for a couple of years now that they may supercharge it for a new line of SRT6 cars.

Now that you mention it - I had a Town And Country with the Pentastar in it as a rental last year in Austin TX and I have to agree - it was hauling all kinds of ass up and down the freeway.    On my first onramp merge I punched it far harder than I needed to (I figured it was a minivan and I'd need to put it to the floor) and I was amazed - then terrified.  Amazed at how much power it made above 3K RPM, then terrified that I was about to torque steer myself right into the retaining wall - all with my mouth wide open.

Never had a minivan give me that many smiles and was left with the same impression as you guys.  A 'charged version of that motor would be a beast.