News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Songs that make you gun the Charger

Started by 4402tuff4u, March 06, 2006, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Now that the nice warm weather is around the corner up here in the NE and other parts of the country, I was just wondering from other members here on the board what songs make you really fire up the horses in the Charger. List any songs you like and the artist.

For all members keep the negative comments/opinions on songs and artist to yourself. Just curious to see the vast spectrum on music and taste. List rap, classical, classic rock, disco, new wave, new age, new rock, contemporary, jazz, R&B, blues, etc........anything you like!

I have to say a few of ZZTops and old Van Halen songs would make me fire the Charger up. The only thing I don't have mine back yet, so if you see a speeding 2002 Dodge Gran Caravan or Ford F250 P/U it's probably me.   :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Ponch ®

I've never had a stereo in the Charger, but if I did, i'd have to say "Dragula " by Rob Zombie or "Police on my back" by the clash.

There's a billion other songs that make me "gun it" when I'm driving, but those are the only two i can think of right now.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

andy74

anything by marlyin manson,pantera,megadeth,old metallica, heavy metal rocks in the charger!

RD

Born to be wild

Radar Love

Back in Black
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Johnny SixPack

"If You Want Blood (You've Got It)", AC/DC

"Toys In The Attic", Aerosmith

"M.F.", Cato Salsa Experience

"I Want Be Man", Cheap Trick

"Born On The Bayou", Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Rebel, Rebel", David Bowie

"I Only Want You", Eagles Of Death Metal

"I Don't Care About You", Fear

"Guardrail", Fu Manchu

"Waiting Room", Fugazi

"I Die, You Die", Gary Numan

"Longview", Green Day

"Never Been Any Reason", Head East

"Renovation", Helmet

"Hate To Say I Told You So", The Hives

"Anytime", Journey

That's enough for now. :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

472 R/T SE

When your stereo thumps, ALL OF THEM.   :punkrocka:

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Ponch on March 06, 2006, 02:25:12 PM
I've never had a stereo in the Charger, but if I did, i'd have to say "Dragula " by Rob Zombie or "Police on my back" by the clash.

There's a billion other songs that make me "gun it" when I'm driving, but those are the only two i can think of right now.

If I have some money left when the body guy and the engine guys are paid up, I would like to install a nice system. Looking into having the old radio gutted out and install new tech in the radio. Something with a Ipod connection would really be cool so you dont have to run around with CD's.  :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Ponch ®

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on March 06, 2006, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: Ponch on March 06, 2006, 02:25:12 PM

If I have some money left when the body guy and the engine guys are paid up, I would like to install a nice system. Looking into having the old radio gutted out and install new tech in the radio. Something with a Ipod connection would really be cool so you dont have to run around with CD's.  :yesnod:

the only reason id be hesitant to put a modern system on there, is that im afraid the 30+ year old wiring and electrical system wouldnt be able to handle it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RD

Quote from: andy74 on March 06, 2006, 02:28:51 PM
anything by marlyin manson,pantera,megadeth,old metallica, heavy metal rocks in the charger!

Pantera absolutely rocks to high heaven!!! their guitar solos and rifts are just mind-blowing!! good call.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Crazy Larry

Even though, I don't have a General Lee Charger and I only have the usual AM radio installed (that will all change this summer, but that's another thread).....

I would imagine while driving the Charger, the opening Lyrics to "The General Lee" by Johnny Cash could not be played without some acceleration...

I'm a charger
That charges through the night
Like an orange bolt of lightning
Passing everything in sight

Other than that....
Lots of Johnny Cash and Elvis will be blaring from the ol' B-body this summer.

andy74

thanks rd, it seems to me that heavy music and big blocks go together!

Neal_J

derailed

2 that come to mind are Whipping Post and Dreams ill never see (Molly Hatchet version)

Afflyer

I agree with Ponch on the old wiring vs. a new stereo system.  If I had a new harness and new stereo system I've got the PERFECT CD to put in and play.

Any of you guys ever heard of the movie soundtrack "To Live And Die In L.A." by Wang Chung?

If you've heard this, than you know what I'm talking about- hard driving beats that can be kept in perfect timing with the yellow dashes on the road!!

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

These are just the few that popped into my head, and there is more;

Kiss - Detroit Rock City, Lick It Up, Heavens On Fire, Lets Put The X In Sex

Alice Cooper - Poisen

AC/DC - Hells Bells, Long Way To The Top If You Wanna Rock N Roll

Victory (German Hard Rock) - Take The Pace, Hungry Hearts, Rock The Neighbours, No Way Tonight, All Aboard, The 9th Of November, Won't Bring Me Down (The U.K. guys should know this band)

BTO - Trial By Fire, Roll On Down The Highway, Down The Road

Def Leppard - Gods Of War, Foolin', Rock Of Ages, Hysteria, Fractured Love, Action (Sweet Remake), She's Too Tough, Tear It Down, Paper Sun, Four Letter Word, Tonight

Dirty Looks - Getting Over, Five Easy Pieces, It's Not The Way You Rock, Cool From The Wire (live version)

Donnie Iris - AH! Lea

Metallica - King Nothing

Robin George - Heartline

Starship - Jane, Find Your Way Back

Brian McDonald - Wind It Up

Cheap Trick - Wild Wild Women, Standing On The Edge

April Wine - Falling Down, Here's Looking At You Kid, That's Love, I Wanna Rock, Enough Is Enough, Hard Rock Kid

Gotthard (Swiss hard rock band) - Make My Day, Mountain Mama, Quinn The Eskimo (a harder Manfred Mann remake), Firedance

Shy (UK rock band) - Young Heart, Break Down The Walls, It's Only Rock N Roll (harder remake of the Stones song)

Krokus - Rock N Roll Tonight, Flyin' High, Out To Lunch

Britny Fox - Dream On, Louder, Closer To Your Love, Lonely To Long

Molley Hatchet - Man On The Run

Golden Earing - Twilight Zone

Micheal Bolton - Fools Game (1983), Everybodys Crazy, Can't Turn It Off (1985) (If you haven't heard these before, Download them before you laugh. This is hard rock with Bruce Kulick of Kiss, not the pop crap he did)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Johnny SixPack

DCG, good call on the Donnie Iris! :2thumbs:

I hadn't delved into my "80s collection, but that's definitely a stand out track.  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

They play it all the time on the radio here yet on several stations too.

I also forgot to add;

Aldo Nova - Fantasy

Kim Mitchell - Go For Soda
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dd44068

I would go with anythinrg from rush especially red barchetta and dream theater, but since i dont have a new radio and probably never would i would have to stick with the rumble of 375 horses. :yesnod:

TheGhost

Nearly anything by AC/DC and Metallica.  Hell, just about any hard rock and metal music makes me want to floor it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Shakey

Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins  :drive:

doctorpimp

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (the album)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Brock Samson

thinlizzyzztoppscorpiansbillycobhamsaxonheadofdavidrattacefrelyfabulousthundebirdsfrankmarinomahagonyrushtommybolingrandfunkrailroadfugazihelmetnapalmdeathdixiedregsledzeppilinmastersoftheuniversetenyearsaftercreamblueoystercultpixiescurvejimcarrollbandgovtmuleapollo440BADclashsuburbanlawnsbadbrainsrareeartheddiehazelheartozzieozbornbebopdeluxezerogunsandroseskillingjokestevierayvaughnsatrianivaitinmachine

Mopar440+6

Apollo 440 - "Stop The Rock"

Boston - "More Than A Feeling"

Brooks & Dunn - "Red Dirt Road"

Chris Cagle - "Chicks Dig It"

Fuel - "Won't Back Down"

Kazzer - "Pedal to the Metal"

Kenny Chesney - "Young"

Lynard Skynard - "Sweet Home Alabama"

Lynard Skynard - "Gimme Three Steps"

Ram Jam - "Black Betty"

Theory Of A Deadman - "Say Goodbye"

ZZTop - "Gimme All Your Lovin'"

ZZTop - "Sharp Dressed Man"
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Mefirst

Motorhead - "BOMBER" and "Overkill"  :punkrocka:

+ about a thousand other songs....

Lowprofile

Ah, so many great songs......   here's a few of my favorites.

Boston               "Feeling Satisfied"      "Peace of Mind"

AC/DC                "Back in Black"        "Shook me all nite Long"

Eagles                "Life in the Fast Lane"    "Take it Easy"

Van Halen          "Ain't talkin' 'bout Love"    "Dreams"

So many more great tunes. Good music makes driving a great car an unbelievable experience.   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL