News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cloth Vent Hoses located under dash

Started by 4402tuff4u, March 06, 2006, 01:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

I did a search here on the board, but came up empty handed. Was wondering if someone has a good source for these cloth vent hoses. I believe they are approx. 2.5" in diameter. Mine are all ripped up. I went to three local auto parts store and non were helpfull. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

phat69charger

Try these guys it says it's heating defrost and a/c hose:  http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=57&product%5Fid=2175

It says sold in 25 foot sections only in the ad that's like $61.00, I'm sure there may be a few other members that need it also, have everyone that needs it go in on a buy in and split the cost, everyone send there part of the money to one person before they order it.

4402tuff4u

Thanks again Phat! With your link, it occured to me to look at www.McMaster.com (industrial suppliers) and sure enough, they have a whole bunch of different types of fabric duct hose. Just got to find the closests one to the original...and prices are not bad at all! Thanks again, Mike

4402tuff4u

In McMaster-Carr, you can buy them in 5' increments and that's about all you really need. :yesnod:

bad1032

Just went to autozone and got a sat, fits the defrost vents, 7 bucks.

4402tuff4u

I went to a local Autozone here in LI, NY and the guy behind the counter looked at me like I had three heads when I asked them if they carry these hoses - had one in my hands. He then send me to the "exhaust" aisle and I saw what he thought they were. I dont know how in the world he derrived at these steel corgurated exhaust pipes to the paper thin ones I had in my hand. I just figured he did'nt want to be bothered. On the way out I told him they were to light, the heater's hot air would melt the steel pipes, thanks for the help! :rotz:

bad1032

the part you need is called Mighty Flow part number 96004 its 2 1/2 x 6ft

4402tuff4u

Thanks Bad! I'll try again, possibly tonight.

Mfr426

I bought these on ebay about 2 weeks ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8039515069

I asked the seller if they had different diameter ends for my AC car (before I bid on them) and he said yes (like 2.25" and 2.5" or something like that). So, I bought them. I got the hoses last week and sure enough they were simply one size and didnt fit the AC core end. The end in the dash was fine but not the core. I emailed him and he says that he's getting a new set from the supplier and that they must have sent him the wrong set. Also, I didnt get the clips either. Needless to say I'm less than happy. I paid him on Monday via PayPal right after I won the auction. He didnt ship till Saturday. That's BS in my book. And to not fit to boot sucks.

There has to be an easier way.

Mike R

bad1032

these fit fine from the duct on heater to the vents, mines an ac car,

phat69charger

Quote from: Mfr426 on March 06, 2006, 04:54:55 PM
I bought these on ebay about 2 weeks ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8039515069

I asked the seller if they had different diameter ends for my AC car (before I bid on them) and he said yes (like 2.25" and 2.5" or something like that). So, I bought them. I got the hoses last week and sure enough they were simply one size and didnt fit the AC core end. The end in the dash was fine but not the core. I emailed him and he says that he's getting a new set from the supplier and that they must have sent him the wrong set. Also, I didnt get the clips either. Needless to say I'm less than happy. I paid him on Monday via PayPal right after I won the auction. He didnt ship till Saturday. That's BS in my book. And to not fit to boot sucks.

There has to be an easier way.

Mike R

Mfr426,
THAT GUY IS PROBABLY BUYING FROM USPLASTIC.COM AND SELLING IT ON EBAY AS A REPRODUCTION PIECE

4402tuff4u

Quote from: bad1032 on March 06, 2006, 04:12:18 PM
the part you need is called Mighty Flow part number 96004 its 2 1/2 x 6ft

Bad1032, your the man!! I went last night - same Autozone, gave them the part number and bingo I was out of there in ten minutes with the right vent hoses. I just have to cut it to length. Thanks again Bad! :2thumbs:

Mfr426

Hey Guys, I went to AutoZone's web site and ran that P/N with no luck? They could source it in the stores though?

I'm putting that on my list for today to get about 5'.

I'm waiting to see if the guy on eBay can produce the correct ones. I doubt it at this point. I have NOT posted feedback yet so hopefully he'll refund my money if he cant produce.

Thanks for the thread and tips guys!

Mike R in Reading PA

bad1032

If ya go to the store its in a grren and yellow box, called mighty flow its a 6 foot hose and is plenty for the 2 defrost vents. company name is motormite out of colmar pa

Mfr426

Yep, picked it up at lunch. The box was dusty...it's been there for a while.

Cant beat the price!

Thanks