News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 pedals vs. 68-69 (four speed stuff)

Started by Ghoste, December 21, 2013, 05:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What is the difference between the 66-67 and 68-69?

A383Wing

I think the pedals themselves are the same, it's the mounting bracketry under the dash that is different

Ghoste

So one doesn't adapt easily over to the other?

A383Wing

the pedals, yes...the underdash bracketry, no....

and to think of it, the 66 & 67 are different as well for the mounting bracketry...

67-69 may be the same as far as brackets & pedals are concerned...66 is different in mounting...collapsible column comes into play here with mounting points as well

Ghoste

So if I have a set of 66-67 style pedals the the smart thing to do is trade them for a set of 69 style since that is what I need.

High Impact

I too have been doing a four speed conversion on my 70 Road Runner and somehow I ended up with 66-67 style B-body pedals.  I posted over on MoParts about it and someone posted pictures of both sets and there was VERY little diffrence.  I ended up using them as I compared them side by side to the pedals hanging in my 68 Charger RT and could'nt notice any diffrence.....I had to make a 1/2 spacer when i pulled out my automatic style brake arm as the four speed brake pedal was'nt as wide up top where it pivot's.....Hard to explain without pictures maybe..

If you need some let me know.

Ghoste

If you already have the pics and can post them up it would be great.  If you have to go get them first then don't worry about it.  For me anyway.

Cooter

I've got 68 pedals only in a 66 Plymouth. Worked great. I dunno why the hell everybody seems to think they need to swap out the whole damn pedal cage. Both will interchange the pedals. All you really need is the little extra part of cage for clutch pedal.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Well just speaking for myself I wasn't aware that was an option.  So where do I get the extra part on its own?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on January 08, 2014, 10:54:13 AM
Well just speaking for myself I wasn't aware that was an option.  So where do I get the extra part on its own?
Brewers.
All you REALLY need to swap four speed pedals.......
Ok kiddies, listen up cause I'm only gonna do this once.
1. Pedals
2. Little piece of cage extension for clutch pedal
3. Long bolt for BOTH pedals

These can be swapped in the car, but three PITA nuts for the drivers side fresh air vent need to come out with the whole vent.
Drill two holes through firewall fender side of master cylinder.
Bolt in.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

So the pedals themselves are the same for both styles it's just this cage part thats different?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on January 09, 2014, 08:59:41 PM
So the pedals themselves are the same for both styles it's just this cage part thats different?
Yes.

ChargerST

Is the brake pedal of an auto car the same as a 4-speed (if you cut the extra width of the lower pedal)? the bend in the pedal looks to be the same..

Ghoste

Yeah I would think the lever portion is the same but obviously as you noted the pedal part is wider.

Cooter

ChargerST

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2014, 11:38:12 AM
Yeah I would think the lever portion is the same but obviously as you noted the pedal part is wider.

nothing that couldn't be dealt with...  :icon_smile_big: