News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ROADKILL CHARGER!!!!!

Started by 471_Magnum, December 20, 2013, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

myk

I'm starting to think more about these Chargers that have the mesh screen instead of the grill...

charge69

A little "Mad Max" going on there!  I kinda like it!

Baldwinvette77

It reminds me so much of me, junk 68, matte black, motorhome engine hauled in the trunk of another car... no concern for safety.... Can i sue for copying my life?  :smilielol:

Ghoste

I have to admit they're having fun.

myk

I could've done without a General Lee reference every 5 goddamn seconds... ::)

Anyway, perforated steel for the grill....Hmmm......

WHITE AND RED 69

Love the show! Throw a cheap flat black paint job on it, paint the grill black, and it would be even more badass!

I just wish I could trade a set of cylinder heads for a decent 68 charger. Lucky bastards.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: myk on December 20, 2013, 10:38:28 PM

Well at least they didn't jump it.   :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 20, 2013, 10:39:28 PM

I am SO doing the mesh screen girlle.  I wonder what will become of their car?

bill440rt

Hmmm....  :scratchchin:
Actual car work with less drama.  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: myk on December 20, 2013, 10:49:34 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 20, 2013, 10:39:28 PM

I am SO doing the mesh screen girlle.  I wonder what will become of their car?

It is going to sit in Freiburgers storage area for atleast another 7 years.

bull

I'd so love to do exactly what those guys did to a 68. :2thumbs:

JB400

I would have had a little more fun destroying the RV, but the car is cool.  Nice concept. :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

Fast and curious did the mesh grill...

Mike DC

If that grille was on an Ebay Charger then we would be crapping on it.  We would also be saying it's a pretty bad sign for how the whole car has been treated.

Put the same thing on TV, and everyone loves it.

tan top

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:  :coocoo: ,  bit embarrassing really , no offence don't like the way those guys go about things  :flush:  , still all done for show ratings I suppose , those guys are getting paid big to do that kind of stuff on tv .   who is the idiot really  :icon_smile_blackeye:  :lol:  
lets hope  that look , don't catch on though  ,
:Twocents:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TPR

Not usually my thing, but I enjoyed that.
Lots of focus on the mechanical and modification work without all the BS.
The car is better off kicking up the dirt than sitting amongst the weeds.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 21, 2013, 05:31:40 AM

If that grille was on an Ebay Charger then we would be crapping on it.  We would also be saying it's a pretty bad sign for how the whole car has been treated.

Put the same thing on TV, and everyone loves it.

Agree, thats why I limited my comments to "looks like they're having fun".

Ghoste

And you can count me as not much of a fan of the mesh grilles.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

cudaken

I do love Road Kill, but for some reason I did not enjoy this one as much as some of there other shows. Still enjoyed it.

My favorite was when the pulled the 68 Barracuda out of a junk yard, bottled it and ran I think 12's.

I get it, reason I did not like this one as much!  :scratchchin: No Blowers or bottles used!  :lol:

Hum, they have a low compression 440 and they just pulled the 8-71 off the Crusher.  :scratchchin: Hope they get the same idea I just did.  :2thumbs:

Cuda Ken 
I am back

JamieZ

I liked it, one of the best things about Roadkill is they don't do everything with a million dollars of tools in an airplane hanger of a garage.  They do a lot of the work in driveways with budget parts. And they actually do the work themselves not a staff of dozens who never appear on camera.  Check out the live swap they did at PRI for proof.

Would I have built the charger like that?  Probably not, but they really seemed to enjoy the car and it's another one saved from the crusher so  :2thumbs:

471_Magnum

All the critics need to bear in mind that the Charger started as a parted out shell that was received in trade for a set of cylinder heads. That thing was completely gutted, and one step from the crusher. So to throw a bunch of junk parts at that carcass over the coarse of six months and have a running, driving car is pretty darn cool.

And the mesh grille thing was really just a concession to budget that happened to add some character. Putting an OEM grille that thing would be a waste. Shoot, the car has no glass in it other than the windshield (which I expected to pop out since it had no locking strip in the gasket).

Funniest part of this episode had to be where the dipstick popped out and they fogged the freeway. I wish I could say that's never happened to me before.

The best part about the Roadkill shows is the complete lack of manufactured drama that you get in pretty much all other forms of reality TV.Those guys do a greeat job of finding humor in their frustration... although I am expecting Finn to chuck a wrench at Freiburger one of these days. I think he came pretty close a few times during the Roadkill Live at PRI.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

ACUDANUT

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 471_Magnum on December 21, 2013, 11:02:06 AM
All the critics need to bear in mind that the Charger started as a parted out shell that was received in trade for a set of cylinder heads. That thing was completely gutted, and one step from the crusher. So to throw a bunch of junk parts at that carcass over the coarse of six months and have a running, driving car is pretty darn cool.

And the mesh grille thing was really just a concession to budget that happened to add some character. Putting an OEM grille that thing would be a waste. Shoot, the car has no glass in it other than the windshield (which I expected to pop out since it had no locking strip in the gasket).

Funniest part of this episode had to be where the dipstick popped out and they fogged the freeway. I wish I could say that's never happened to me before.

The best part about the Roadkill shows is the complete lack of manufactured drama that you get in pretty much all other forms of reality TV.Those guys do a greeat job of finding humor in their frustration... although I am expecting Finn to chuck a wrench at Freiburger one of these days. I think he came pretty close a few times during the Roadkill Live at PRI.

We all almost got knocked in the heads by wrenches at PRI....

Here we are watching the preview of the Charger episode of Roadkill.

At the end it was really bad.

Ryan