News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got WIDE rims! Need tire size suggestions!

Started by Wicked72, July 13, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

Just picked up set of wheel vintiques 15x10 5 1/2" back space. going on my 72 charger. the total width of the rim ends up 11"  at the lips so i end up with 1" between the rim and the leafs and about 1/4" at the fender so im planing to trim the fender about 1/4" giving me a full 1/2". As far as the front i have 15x7 4" back space but i think i may get 15x8 instead not sure on back space. what would you recommend on tire sizes i likem wide. Im thinking 275 60 and 255 60  or 295 50 and 245 60. ill be doing a mini tub and lowering the car slightly so not sure on rubbing issues especially up front. thanks!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

twodko

If you bought WV mag 500's the black paint between the spokes will
flake off........sooner rather than later.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Wicked72

I got the chrysler oe rims. I see the paint is crap on them. I got the rims cheap at carlisle and one was left out in the rain and has some rust on it already so I plan on media blasting and painting them.

As for the front of my car and the plan to lower it what would you recommend for a good rim width, back space and tire size? I want a wide tire up front.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

HPP

15x8, 4.75 back space, 255 width tire. Should fit with no problems in a '72.

However, to get 4.75 back space you will likely need to pick up a 5" back space and use a .25" spacer, or find a 4.5" backspace. However, tire fitment is going to be close to fender lips depending on your final ride height.

With a 15x10 on the back, I'd go 295/50 or 325/50. Shouldn't have to mini-tub anything.