News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Combined resources on registries.......... Just a thought.

Started by hemi68charger, March 06, 2006, 09:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but wanted to pass along the benefit of passing along information to both registries, this one that Chris has created and The Charger Registry by Wayne Wooten. It's nice to have two sources of information, one in a specialty realm like here and one in a broader sense. Yes, I'm friends with Wayne, hence my thread. He's been collecting data about all Chargers for over 20 years and there may be information he has that other registries don't. I personally think it would be a great idea for all registries to communicate with each other. I think this would help in the action of filling in the gaps that one registry might have. I'm sure there is data; broadcast sheets, fender tag info, etc that one place has that another doesn't...........

In essence, I'd like to facilitate combined efforts for we're all in this together.... Of course, all this is up to the individual.....

Thanks to all that give their Hearts, souls, and time for this.......... i.e., both Chris' and Wayne.. I also see there's a '68 specific site... All these sites are a plethora of information and help............

Thanks also to the efforts of this wonderful board !!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

I had met Wayne years ago very nice guy and knows his chargers he been to the house once. And seen my 440 daytona.Wayne even personally called my friend with a beige 68 charger RT .To tell him how unique it was to his registry.Met Chris more recently and hes very nice also.And knows his chargers well.And has a 70 charger website.With these 2 clubs working together and sharing the knowledge.Its good for all of us
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Chris G.

Troy, it's something Myself and Don have discussed in the past. Honestly, I don't think Wayne would want to do it. If you can get in touch with him and ask, by all means do so. We currently have more '70 VIN's registered than he does, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. This should be something he would want to do.

Thanks for the words Dave. I have met Wayne as well, and he is a nice guy.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Definately sounds like a great idea.  I dont think there is anything "hidden" from anyone though.  Im sure, if asked, Wayne would help in any way he could.
Props to him for carring such a broad range of info.

I find it very daunting just to handle 1 year.   I'm sure others will agree.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Sinister68

Does the person who runs the 1968 registry on this board also?   ???
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Troy

I sent Wayne several emails offering help a while back but I've still never talked to him or met him. I haven't sent in the info on my cars because, like other people, I see no benefit in it since the data basically disappears. I'd like to go to the meet this year though so I may send it in at some point.

Yes Sinister68.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Sinister68 on March 06, 2006, 08:46:53 PM
Does the person who runs the 1968 registry on this board also? ???

Yes but he's looking to get out of it......Interested?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 07, 2006, 08:43:26 AM

What's involved Chris?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blue Pentastar

Well the only thing I see that could hang this up is Wayne has promised consistantly over the years not to give out any information about anyone in the registry. I would expect that to be the big hold up because anyone who has met Wayne. he is a man who holds his word as one of his very valuable assets. Now we all know he is a very busy man who is away from home probably more than not so I know he sometimes does not get back to people as quickly as he would like. And if the message gets lost before he gets home he might not get back to you at all. It is best to keep trying on your own. When you do get a hold of him he will generally spend as much time as you want talking to you within reason talking.

Do remember he gets people offering to help him all the time. Not all of have the same reason to want to help.
We have all been burned before and he has on many occasions and by people he trusted.

Just my .02

Mike
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on March 07, 2006, 03:59:37 PM
Well the only thing I see that could hang this up is Wayne has promised consistantly over the years not to give out any information about anyone in the registry. I would expect that to be the big hold up because anyone who has met Wayne. he is a man who holds his word as one of his very valuable assets. Now we all know he is a very busy man who is away from home probably more than not so I know he sometimes does not get back to people as quickly as he would like. And if the message gets lost before he gets home he might not get back to you at all. It is best to keep trying on your own. When you do get a hold of him he will generally spend as much time as you want talking to you within reason talking.

Do remember he gets people offering to help him all the time. Not all of have the same reason to want to help.
We have all been burned before and he has on many occasions and by people he trusted.

Just my .02

Mike

Exactly, I'm right with Wayne on this.. What I was thinking was VIN info. Let's just say Chris had 300+ Vin's and Wayne had 3000+. But there were 100 or so that the other didn't have.. You could exchange VIN's, but no personal info, hence increasing the database of both..... Wayne is a walking dynamo of Charger history..... Again, I in no way would wish to exchange any personal info, just get a larger picture of the cars that are still out there and option details....

Wayne's been doing this so long and to me deserves the title of King Charger of all the Registries.... What I like is that if he has anything on your car, he'll discuss it with you without any expectations, unlike some......

Troy
Troy

XS29J8

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 07, 2006, 12:51:03 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on March 07, 2006, 09:17:06 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 07, 2006, 08:43:26 AM

What's involved Chris?

Troy

Check your PM

Hi Troy, haven't talked in a long time! I hope you pursue the 68 Charger Registry as I am frustrated with seeing the two Chris' sites doing so well and the 68 site in limbo! The 68 being the best looking automobile ever produced should get the same recognition!! If I can help any way just email me, I'll help all I can, I just can't put enough time into it to give it the dedication it deserves. Keep us posted as to what is happening!

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

JimShine

Troy, if you are interested in taking over the registry I started, let me know. I will give you all the submissions I have. You can do as you please with the site and the info. I really wanted to make it happen, but my computer skills are lacking. On top of all that I am now involved in another web project already started that is taking away my free time. I just would like to see it go to someone more skilled than I and that will make it happen.

JimShine

PS- I am sorry if I frustrated you guys. Believe me, my intentions were only good. I really thought I could make my vision happen, but again, my skills just would not make my personal vision come true, so I lost hope. It is time for someone else with a vision and the means to make that vision happen to take the keys. Again, I apologize.

Chris G.

Jim, you don't need to be the greatest computer guy to do this. I am by no means a computer know it all.

The best thing I ever did was ask Don (DodgeDon) to come on board when I first started this thing. Since then we (as partners) have progressed so much in learning about these cars and making the site your one stop shop for anything '70 Charger related. If you can find someone that has the same passion for these cars as you do, then it can be much easier to do.

And someone tell Steve that the '68 was not the best looking automobile ever produced.  :nono: :nutkick: :nana: :thumbs:

If Troy decides to do this, that would be great. The '68 needs to be done.

JimShine

I had a vision for the registry. It was something that could have been pulled off, but I couldn't do it and I couldn't afford to hire someone to make it the way I wanted it. I had some very generous guys here try to help, but in the end it just could not be ironed out. Unfortunately I didn't want to veer from my vision. I am stubborn. This is played into my decision to let it go. The other thing is I just will not have the time to give the registry it deserves with this new project. If someone decides to step up and take it, if they are willing to allow me to stick around so maybe someday I can contribute, I would love it, but whoever takes it, it will be their baby and that is their decision to make.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on March 07, 2006, 07:02:38 PM
Jim, you don't need to be the greatest computer guy to do this. I am by no means a computer know it all.

The best thing I ever did was ask Don (DodgeDon) to come on board when I first started this thing. Since then we (as partners) have progressed so much in learning about these cars and making the site your one stop shop for anything '70 Charger related. If you can find someone that has the same passion for these cars as you do, then it can be much easier to do.

And someone tell Steve that the '68 was not the best looking automobile ever produced.  :nono: :nutkick: :nana: :thumbs:

If Troy decides to do this, that would be great. The '68 needs to be done.

Well, in regards to the "best" looking 2nd generation, I couldn't decide, so I have all three !!!!  ;D

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: JimShine on March 07, 2006, 06:36:13 PM
Troy, if you are interested in taking over the registry I started, let me know. I will give you all the submissions I have. You can do as you please with the site and the info. I really wanted to make it happen, but my computer skills are lacking. On top of all that I am now involved in another web project already started that is taking away my free time. I just would like to see it go to someone more skilled than I and that will make it happen.

If you let me know what the do's and don't's are, I'd give it a shot and Steve, guess what,,,, since you think '68's are the greatest, you're now vice-mod...  :o

If I do this, I would very much like to have a very close connection with all the registries......
Troy
Troy

ChargerHound69

What is involved in runnig the 68 registry.  I would like to help out if you would like.  Just let me know what you need done.

ChargerHound69

As far as a combined resource, it is common sense.  These sites need to be together to iron out what is left out there.  I see chargers all the time, and I sure many of you do to.  These # need to be documented just to show how many are out there.

XS29J8

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 07, 2006, 08:22:59 PM
Quote from: JimShine on March 07, 2006, 06:36:13 PM

If you let me know what the do's and don't's are, I'd give it a shot and Steve, guess what,,,, since you think '68's are the greatest, you're now vice-mod...  :o

If I do this, I would very much like to have a very close connection with all the registries......
Troy

Ah yes another VICE to add to my list.............

The 68 Charger IS the best looking automobile ever built, look at all her siblings........

Troy see if Alan the other XS29J8 might want to help also... he seems to be very computer friendly and a great 68 resource.

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Just 6T9 CHGR

Steve & Chris...who are you kidding anyway? :nana:

Troy we can help you get started with some basic ideas.  Both mine & 70 Chris' registries are compiled basically the same way.   (Chris provided me with a template in Excel)  I took his idea and made it my own for the 69's.
I have become very comfortable with the program, although it can be time consuming at times.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

To go back to the origional question I am all in agreement on sharing the information between the registries. I have wondered for years why clubs or people with registries even did a registry as they don't do anything with that information. I mean what is the point of a club of 1,500 people having a registry for something and then only 4-5 people have any access to it, and they aren't willing to give too much of that information out to you if you own the car in question. Just my .02 on the subject.

To me a registry should be about sharing information and tracking information to make it that much more accurate and complete.

Chris G.

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2006, 06:25:50 AM
To me a registry should be about sharing information and tracking information to make it that much more accurate and complete.

Danny, I can only speak for our registry here...We obviously won't be publicly giving out VIN's. We do however post how many cars are registered. We have updated charts/graphs about colors, interiors and drivetrain. We will also contact owners if any information pops up about their car. We have also emailed a few registrants when the car built before or after their car has registered. I believe we have helped a member here find and buy the car that was built right after his.

We tell each and every member that if they have a question about anything database related, email us and we will gladly answer it for them. Lately I have been getting email from ebay sellers trying to gain information so they can add it to their listings. It can get annoying at times, but as long as they register their car with us, I can't be mad at them.  ;D

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2006, 06:25:50 AM
To go back to the origional question I am all in agreement on sharing the information between the registries. I have wondered for years why clubs or people with registries even did a registry as they don't do anything with that information. I mean what is the point of a club of 1,500 people having a registry for something and then only 4-5 people have any access to it, and they aren't willing to give too much of that information out to you if you own the car in question. Just my .02 on the subject.

I'm with Chirs...
If I do undertake the '68 registry, I'm going to ask any and all people to contact Wooten directly. He needs information direct from the owner. Anyone can come up with a "VIN", XS29J8B123456, so, he prefers to only get info from the owners, which I totally understand.. As far as personal info, no way... I know there are ways to connect with owners of certain cars, i.e., DMV and such, so this will be one less avenue to do so...  I've been contacted out of the blue about Dana and frankly, I didn't like it and I found out later that it was someone who knew someone in the DMV giving up info, which is against State policy..............  But, I'm getting off the subject here.... The best way to have a better overall "database" I think is to have anyone who registers their specific car to a specific site also contact Wayne, directly. But, that's just my two cent's worth...  Again, I've talked at length with Wayne about this and we both agree, even though he trusts me to the fullest, it's still better if he hears about a car from the owner, not me....

Troy

Troy