News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Light at the end of the tunnel

Started by Ponch ®, March 09, 2006, 03:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: 89MOPAR on March 12, 2006, 11:43:15 AM
Do you have any proof that the motor was built by don blairs speed shop other than the sellers say-so ?
Have you heard it run ?

Just saying buyer beware.

Yeah, he has paperwork (receipts) from the shop and the numbers match. Also heard it run too.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RallyeMike

The pic your buddy sent is a small block.

Hopefully the van is being junked so you don't have to be careful. If so, I cast my vote for Through the floor and out the door !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 12, 2006, 10:14:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken, van's have a full frame...like trucks, so there's no K-member to unbolt & lower.

I was in a shop once when they were removing an engine from a Dodge van. They removed everything from the front of the van, had the front tires on ramps, so the arm on the hoist was going in low & as level as possible (not angled down).
That's where it was at when I saw it. Later, I asked them how long it took them to get it out after I left & they said about 20 minutes. They said the hardest part was keeping it away from the dash while they slid it out the front.

Yea, you are correct, a van is going to have a frame. I've been in Charger mode for so long I can't remember anything else. IIRC some of those radiator core supports on the vans can be removed so you can more easily get to all that stuff. If the guy is going to part the van out anyway you could probably just unbolt all the body parts from the front and and leave them off. That would make life easier.