News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars discovered hidden in Tractor Trailers

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, January 25, 2014, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Considering that there are literally thousands of people that would love to have a minimally rusted and fairly complete project car to start with, there's money sitting there in the trailers.  And considering that in this economy, there are more people that are willing and capable to buy a lesser model than there is to get a Hemi car that needs restored.

twenty mike mike

Leaving M code Darts to rot away outside is just criminal.  :icon_smile_angry:

Did you actually see the fender tag on the green Dart inside? M codes are GTSs and that has a Swinger trunk instead of the GTS tail panel. Or maybe it's one of those famous factory mistakes.  :shruggy:

TheAutoArchaeologist

I did not see the fender tag, the dash had an M on it.  Maybe the trunk was replaced?  Who knows.

The other 2 M-Codes were cut up long before he got them.  He just didn't want to waste space on the rusted hulks. 

ACUDANUT

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on January 27, 2014, 03:13:18 PM
Considering that there are literally thousands of people that would love to have a minimally rusted and fairly complete project car to start with, there's money sitting there in the trailers.  And considering that in this economy, there are more people that are willing and capable to buy a lesser model than there is to get a Hemi car that needs restored.

The biggest bummer for me, was seeing that 71 Super Bee all rotted up.  :brickwall:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Devil on January 30, 2014, 12:06:21 AM
I did not see the fender tag, the dash had an M on it.  Maybe the trunk was replaced?  Who knows.

The other 2 M-Codes were cut up long before he got them.  He just didn't want to waste space on the rusted hulks. 

So the VIN started with LM23? Not to  :horse: or anything.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: twenty mike mike on January 30, 2014, 01:57:50 PM
Quote from: Devil on January 30, 2014, 12:06:21 AM

No, LS23M

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Devil on January 30, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

No, LS23M
[/quote]

So it is real. Great find.  :cheers: