News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare 440-6 fury for sale.

Started by tracpack440, December 15, 2013, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

A383Wing

he's got a better chance of selling whatever he is smoking....

Indygenerallee

Saw that on Facebook a while back.... what a joke..
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

I seee he is selling just metal  :laugh:

RallyeMike

I'm sure its the same guy.... has had a couple of these and trying to sell them for quite awhile. Pretty cool cars, but finding someone equally as interested in a V-code C-body is only getting harder with every passing year. It would be pretty cool to see one of these restored.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hatersaurusrex

If it's true that only a dozen were built, there's a chance they may become valuable one day - but you have to have more to start with than some crusty frame rails and a couple of half-collapsed body panels.  A numbers matching car with decent/reworkable panels might be worth looking at... but did any of these 11 or so cars carry its original engine and tranny forward?   I can imagine this conversation happened exactly 11 times:

"Hey man, your granny's car gots one a them six packs in it!  Let's drop that thang in your Mirada and take her to the track!!!"

Did C-Body cars even bother with the radiator/trunk/engine/tranny stampings?

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

tan top

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 16, 2013, 12:15:52 AM
I'm sure its the same guy.... has had a couple of these and trying to sell them for quite awhile. Pretty cool cars, but finding someone equally as interested in a V-code C-body is only getting harder with every passing year. It would be pretty cool to see one of these restored.

yeah , sure the guys on moparts , think the yellow one is wrecked too  :scratchchin: , was thinking he had 3 two black v codes  :shruggy:  I must if got mixed up with something else

rare cars forsure though  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

There is (was) one an hour or so from me that was in good shape and still being driven.  Oddball car but cool if you are really into sleepers.

Baldwinvette77

the 440-6 gets canceled out by "70 fury" , i' never thought there would be a 440-6 pak car i wasn't interested in.... was proven wrong  :o

dyslexic teddybear

I really like the unique and unusual......this would seem to qualify. :yesnod:

Last show I went to in Sept, the only car that I went back for a second look......[remember, unique and unusual] was something I had never seen before in 2 door. A 69, I believe, Plymouth VIP.

So yeah, if I had the spare coin, would love one. It may not be at the top of the "list"......or that near the top.....but a 6 barrel Fury....... :yesnod:

cudaken

I am back

Ghoste

Did they make any of the Hurst 300's with a Six Pack?

Aero426

I happen to really like the Sport Fury GT.  They are very striking with the factory graphics package.   Nothin' frumpy about that car at all. 

Dan has two black 6bbl cars, both in poor shape and a yellow one with is nicer.     I have to say the black cars in particular would be absolutely stunning restored.  Dan says he has a lot of NOS stuff to restore the cars.   His asking price has been way ahead of the market considering the condition.    

Homerr

Those C body ads by that guy have been in the Seattle CL listings for at least a year.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 09:47:11 AM
Did they make any of the Hurst 300's with a Six Pack?

No - But they should have.

Love those cars!

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

daveco

Definitely a cool car in my view, but what is a realistic value for a car like that?
R/Tree

1970Moparmann

It's been for sale for at least 6 months at this price.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

myk

Quote from: daveco on December 16, 2013, 01:56:09 PM
Ddefinitely a cool car in my view, but what is a realistic value for a car like that?

I'd say MAYBE half of what he's asking.  1 of 1, VIN code this, VIN code that, and all that other stuff is meaningless if no one else gives a damn...

daveco

It's a cool car, but he is asking "lust after" money.
R/Tree

ws23rt

It is a rare one. But to have the numbers on the tags and broadcast sheet are not enough to make it a great car.

If the car was whole and the original engine etc were there it would be more tempting.  It looks like the car passed away and the birth certificate won't bring it back.  It would only be a zombie :lol:

daveco

R/Tree

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

F8-4life

This is a great part of Chrysler history. Lucky to still exist with how rare it is.
It really does deserve to be restored stock.

Ryan.C

I have always been a fan of fuseloge Chryslers, but you would be lucky to get much more than 20K out of a RESTORED V-code fury. For the most part guys my age (30) do not get into old cars, especially C-bodies. I dont think there is much of a market for them.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.