News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare 440-6 fury for sale.

Started by tracpack440, December 15, 2013, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

A383Wing

he's got a better chance of selling whatever he is smoking....

Indygenerallee

Saw that on Facebook a while back.... what a joke..
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

I seee he is selling just metal  :laugh:

RallyeMike

I'm sure its the same guy.... has had a couple of these and trying to sell them for quite awhile. Pretty cool cars, but finding someone equally as interested in a V-code C-body is only getting harder with every passing year. It would be pretty cool to see one of these restored.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hatersaurusrex

If it's true that only a dozen were built, there's a chance they may become valuable one day - but you have to have more to start with than some crusty frame rails and a couple of half-collapsed body panels.  A numbers matching car with decent/reworkable panels might be worth looking at... but did any of these 11 or so cars carry its original engine and tranny forward?   I can imagine this conversation happened exactly 11 times:

"Hey man, your granny's car gots one a them six packs in it!  Let's drop that thang in your Mirada and take her to the track!!!"

Did C-Body cars even bother with the radiator/trunk/engine/tranny stampings?

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

tan top

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 16, 2013, 12:15:52 AM
I'm sure its the same guy.... has had a couple of these and trying to sell them for quite awhile. Pretty cool cars, but finding someone equally as interested in a V-code C-body is only getting harder with every passing year. It would be pretty cool to see one of these restored.

yeah , sure the guys on moparts , think the yellow one is wrecked too  :scratchchin: , was thinking he had 3 two black v codes  :shruggy:  I must if got mixed up with something else

rare cars forsure though  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

There is (was) one an hour or so from me that was in good shape and still being driven.  Oddball car but cool if you are really into sleepers.

Baldwinvette77

the 440-6 gets canceled out by "70 fury" , i' never thought there would be a 440-6 pak car i wasn't interested in.... was proven wrong  :o

dyslexic teddybear

I really like the unique and unusual......this would seem to qualify. :yesnod:

Last show I went to in Sept, the only car that I went back for a second look......[remember, unique and unusual] was something I had never seen before in 2 door. A 69, I believe, Plymouth VIP.

So yeah, if I had the spare coin, would love one. It may not be at the top of the "list"......or that near the top.....but a 6 barrel Fury....... :yesnod:

cudaken

I am back

Ghoste

Did they make any of the Hurst 300's with a Six Pack?

Aero426

I happen to really like the Sport Fury GT.  They are very striking with the factory graphics package.   Nothin' frumpy about that car at all. 

Dan has two black 6bbl cars, both in poor shape and a yellow one with is nicer.     I have to say the black cars in particular would be absolutely stunning restored.  Dan says he has a lot of NOS stuff to restore the cars.   His asking price has been way ahead of the market considering the condition.    

Homerr

Those C body ads by that guy have been in the Seattle CL listings for at least a year.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 09:47:11 AM
Did they make any of the Hurst 300's with a Six Pack?

No - But they should have.

Love those cars!

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

daveco

Definitely a cool car in my view, but what is a realistic value for a car like that?
R/Tree

1970Moparmann

It's been for sale for at least 6 months at this price.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

myk

Quote from: daveco on December 16, 2013, 01:56:09 PM
Ddefinitely a cool car in my view, but what is a realistic value for a car like that?

I'd say MAYBE half of what he's asking.  1 of 1, VIN code this, VIN code that, and all that other stuff is meaningless if no one else gives a damn...

daveco

It's a cool car, but he is asking "lust after" money.
R/Tree

ws23rt

It is a rare one. But to have the numbers on the tags and broadcast sheet are not enough to make it a great car.

If the car was whole and the original engine etc were there it would be more tempting.  It looks like the car passed away and the birth certificate won't bring it back.  It would only be a zombie :lol:

daveco

R/Tree

polywideblock

F8-4life

This is a great part of Chrysler history. Lucky to still exist with how rare it is.
It really does deserve to be restored stock.

Ryan.C

I have always been a fan of fuseloge Chryslers, but you would be lucky to get much more than 20K out of a RESTORED V-code fury. For the most part guys my age (30) do not get into old cars, especially C-bodies. I dont think there is much of a market for them.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

bricklayer

Thunderbolt and lightfoot
Clint Eastwood movie
Had a 1970 sport fury in the movie

RallyeMike

I'm pretty sure I was at (Dan's?) house maybe 10 years ago when I was riding shotgun with someone. It doesnt look like there has been any progress on the cars except for maybe the asking price. On the flip side, I guess they don't look any worse either.

If there is someone out there dreaming of 6-pack Fury's, that driveway is paradise. Buy these 3 and there is only 7 left to corner the market!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

daveco

Quote from: Ryan.C on December 16, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
I have always been a fan of fuseloge Chryslers, but you would be lucky to get much more than 20K out of a RESTORED V-code fury. For the most part guys my age (30) do not get into old cars, especially C-bodies. I dont think there is much of a market for them.

It's all the lust factor.
The car everyone wanted in high school, but could not afford, is what will become valuable when those same high schoolers become financially successful with excess disposable income.
Not very many high schoolers lusted after a Sport Fury.
R/Tree

tracpack440

Here is a 71 Gt 440 fury on CL.  Ive seen this car in person at a couple of shows here in the Nw area. Nice car original paint i remember
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4238442899.html

Homerr

I replied to a similar thread on moparts a few weeks ago where the seller was replying.  My beef was basically that the ads are written poorly for someone who is trying to sell me that these C bodies are super rare.  I'm still unclear about what the "1 of 2" part is....promo car?  GT?  1 of 2 that has the dash crack right in the middle?

The 6bbl car is interesting, but I think that if the guy could do some chassis / bodywork and get the front clip together the car would be about 1000x more salable. 

Aero426

I'm not a C body expert, but I believe that entire forward unibody is a subframe that unbolts from the center body shell and is replaceable.     

ACUDANUT

I would not take it, if it was given to me.  :eek2:

daveco

It would be a great candidate for a remake of "Christine"
R/Tree

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Aero426 on December 17, 2013, 10:27:58 AM
The entire forward unibody is a subframe that unbolts from the center body shell and is replaceable.     

That is correct. :yesnod:

Homerr

Looks like he dropped the $19,000 price on the sixpack car to $1,000.  Unless someone is trolling him.

Quote1970 plymouth sport fury 6 PAC - $1000 (My place)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
I have over posted this car and just need it gone, been turned in by neighbors for parking junk..so I just want scrap price. It's worth saving read below my comments

RAREST OF THE RARE... 1 of 1 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, super rare ...............FACTORY ..V code 440+6 car.................. PH23VOF143370, has original fender tag, door sticker ,broadcast sheet, WINDOW STICKER, ORDER SHEET, ORIGINAL TITLE, ORIG OWNER HISTORY, car is black with black int and white strobe stripes, column shift , bench seat car, still wearing whats left of its original paint and is 1 of 7 known real V codes, [ there is 11 vins known]...,now the bad, car needs total restoration! car is rusty and was wrecked in RF fender and suspension early in life, probably the only V code fury GT in this color combo.. THIS CAR WAS SPECIAL ORDERED!...this is a big project ,but once restored will be the only one on the planet like it..so if you are seeking a car that is so elusive most dont even know of their existence this may be for you. 1000.00. OBRO..other parts avail for sale seperatly.. inquire.. will also TRADE for RESTORED mopar musclecar... call and lets talk dan .....have 1 other also available.. NOT INCLUDED in price..EXTRA $$$.. ADDED PICS OF IT ALSO ....similar condition but has matching trans still..PH23VOD105485 [THIS IS THE YELLOW/BLACK 70 Y28 PROMO CAR],
$1000.00obo 253 852 6618 ......

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4245220162.html

Older ad:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4238449406.html

Lord Warlock

reality sucks, shame to see a six pack car get crushed, but sport fury wasn't much sport, it was a big, heavy car, maybe he should save the dash and vins and sell those instead. wouldn't want to do a project like that, too much damage not enough incentive, even when done it won't beckon like most other mid size coupes.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

arrow

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 16, 2013, 07:00:46 AM
the 440-6 gets canceled out by "70 fury" , i' never thought there would be a 440-6 pak car i wasn't interested in.... was proven wrong  :o

Thats the Renton  rip-off Dan Corley - I like the post that he'd have a better chance selling what he's smoking.  hes been carrying on about these rust buckets on Moparts non stop for over 10 yrs. -- most tiresome guy in the mopar hobby

cudaken

C Bodies are getting rare! Reason?  :scratchchin: They have been parted out for there motors. I hated parting out one, 1970 4 Door Chrysler with 60,000 miles. It was a sweet car if you where into 4 doors, which I was not. I was into 440's.  :D If it was a 2 door, I would have saved it.

Only C body I have coveted is the Hurst 300. In my top 15 Mopars list I would love to own, I would rate it between 8 and 11.

$19,000, maybe $4,000. Reason they only made 7 was no one wanted one!  :lol:

I am back

arrow

I think Ply. built around 55-60 V engine code Furys -- and Dan got the 3 worst ones left  !!!     :nana:

tracpack440

Sorry to bore you all with more furys. Here is another one w23 recall wheels.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4235726081.html

tracpack440

Ghoste

I'd rather have a V code Fury than a 427 Impala SS.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 18, 2013, 06:41:03 AM
I'd rather have a V code Fury than a 427 Impala SS.
Other way round. Buddy bought a factir 1966 427 SS convert for $50.00 in 1980. Love that car.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Aero426

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 18, 2013, 02:38:39 AM
Sorry to bore you all with more furys. Here is another one w23 recall wheels.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4235726081.html

The blue one with the recall wheels is also Dan's car.

6pkrtse

I love 70 Sport Fury GT's myself. Would love to have one someday. Would also love the fact if it was a sixpack car but not at those prices. He has been selling them for a long time.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Homerr

I'm not gonna link it, but looking at street view I could see where his neighbors complained and he needs to move the cars quickly.  However, I find it hard to believe that this guy is cutting his prices to comparably nothing.

polywideblock

so if someone was looking at these cars especially since the price reduction     :scratchchin: 

what models of "donor "car could you use?

what do they sell for ? 

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Homerr on December 17, 2013, 10:01:16 PM
Looks like he dropped the $19,000 price on the sixpack car to $1,000.  Unless someone is trolling him.

I have over posted this car and just need it gone, been turned in by neighbors for parking junk..so I just want scrap price. It's worth saving read below my comments

RAREST OF THE RARE... 1 of 1 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, super rare ...............FACTORY ..V code 440+6 car.................. PH23VOF143370, has original fender tag, door sticker ,broadcast sheet, WINDOW STICKER, ORDER SHEET, ORIGINAL TITLE, ORIG OWNER HISTORY, car is black with black int and white strobe stripes, column shift , bench seat car, still wearing whats left of its original paint and is 1 of 7 known real V codes, [ there is 11 vins known]...,now the bad, car needs total restoration! car is rusty and was wrecked in RF fender and suspension early in life, probably the only V code fury GT in this color combo.. THIS CAR WAS SPECIAL ORDERED!...this is a big project ,but once restored will be the only one on the planet like it..so if you are seeking a car that is so elusive most dont even know of their existence this may be for you. 1000.00. OBRO..other parts avail for sale seperatly.. inquire.. will also TRADE for RESTORED mopar musclecar... call and lets talk dan .....have 1 other also available.. NOT INCLUDED in price..EXTRA $$$.. ADDED PICS OF IT ALSO ....similar condition but has matching trans still..PH23VOD105485 [THIS IS THE YELLOW/BLACK 70 Y28 PROMO CAR],

Older ad:

how does he go from 19k to 1k ?? :scratchchin:

surmanajaja

I have always loved that body style, but not at 30k when I can get a charger or e-body for the same money- ...under 10k for a really sweet low miles car and I would be interested....29999 no thanx.

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 18, 2013, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: Homerr on December 17, 2013, 10:01:16 PM

Older ad:

how does he go from 19k to 1k ?? :scratchchin:
He doesn't. Dan would not do this.

polywideblock

so your saying the price reduced add is a fake/scam ?

Aero426

Quote from: polywideblock on December 18, 2013, 03:03:57 PM
so your saying the price reduced add is a fake/scam ?

Dan would never sell his V-code car for $1000.    Not even on his dying bed.   It must be some kind of a joke.  

6pkrtse

I am sure it is somone making a joke out of thinking that this $1000.00 is all the car is really worth. And in his opinion is is not what the seller is asking for it.

Aero426

Quote from: 6pkrtse on December 18, 2013, 03:25:01 PM
I am sure it is somone making a joke out of thinking that this $1000.00 is all the car is really worth. And in his opinion is is not what the seller is asking for it.

:iagree:  Someone is just messing with him.   

ACUDANUT

well imo, it ain't worth 1K without a running 440 6 pack.

Aero426

Executive muscle.   Sharp car.

Aero426

Looks killer in black.

6pkrtse

Both of those look awesome. I have come close a couple of times to going to look at one to use a daily driver but something else always comes up. Someday.....

ACUDANUT

Where is the anchor on that barge. lol

ph23vo

LOL... i was told my cars were the topic of discussion again!... luckily... there's plenty of 70 V-code fury GT's for sale for anyone who wishes to own one.... :popcrn:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ph23vo on December 21, 2013, 10:32:14 AM
LOL... i was told my cars were the topic of discussion again!... luckily... there's plenty of 70 V-code fury GT's for sale for anyone who wishes to own one.... :popcrn:

Maybe, but that ticket shows a 4 brl carb, not a 6 pack.

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 21, 2013, 10:39:54 AM

V code in the VIN and code E87 below the standard equipment is the golden ticket. 

Daytona R/T SE

I love the big Furies. :2thumbs:

If I had a job that paid me in money, instead of an ongoing cruel, sadistic joke of a check written out to me every other Thursday, I would have bought you out a long time ago. :Twocents:

ph23vo

unique fury only part

polywideblock

tracpack440

maxwellwedge

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 21, 2013, 10:39:54 AM

That's standard base - it's the options that add the 6bbl mill.

triple_green

Dan C. is a good guy and an asset to the hobby.... :cheers:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

ph23vo

blk / blk car SOLD last week..so 1 less V code fury GT available for public consumption!..... 1 more left for sale..V code PROMO magazine test car

public relations car...

TUFCAT

I've always had a strong interest in those Fury GT's.  :2thumbs:   They're very interesting and cool!  :drool5:

I personally think they deserve much more attention than they get from collector's these days... prices should reflect rarity but they don't.  :Twocents: :Twocents:    

myk

Oh don't worry, I'm sure the get-rich-quick types will figure it out soon enough...

hemi-hampton

If I had extra money & time I would of bought the black one & restored myself. LEON.

472 R/T SE

Dan, did you ever sell your Scat Pack Challenger 4 gear 1/4 mile track?

RallyeMike

I had missed that the black one got sold. It wonderful that it was saved by someone who cared about it, but hopefully now its in the hands of someone who is working to restore it? I'd love to see it when its done.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

ph23vo

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on July 16, 2014, 01:51:48 PM
Dan, did you ever sell your Scat Pack Challenger 4 gear 1/4 mile track?

YES it sold immediately.. i have 1 more scat city and shutdown set avail and some misc extra pieces  shutdown is on ebay now

ph23vo

shutdown set SOLD just now...have a scat city set will be listing sun nite

fc7_plumcrazy

congrats on the SFGT sale, Dan

Carsten