News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The journey home

Started by Ghoste, December 15, 2013, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Leaving Arkansas.  I bought the 69 from Heath Van Camp and I'll use this to say that he was a very stand up guy to deal with and if anyone else ever has reason to buy something from him I highly recommend him.

Ghoste

Also leaving.

Ghoste

A stop in Missouri for tow vehicle fuel.

Ghoste

Only to wake up to fog.

charge69

Nice looking Charger. The trailer looks nice also. Plenty of room on the sides to clear the wheel wells and an easy tie-down setup. Sounds like quite a trip to get back home. Gotta be cold and nasty up there now. How long ago did you make this trip?

Ghoste

After waiting for it to burn off a little we hit the road again with another stop for fuel in Indiana followed by a short visit in Auburn with some good friends.

Ghoste

A couple of weeks ago and the weather held out just long enough.  Snowing and cold now.

Ghoste

Sadly encountered a little mud during the trip but it was quickly cleaned up once I got home.

Ghoste

Then it was a matter of clearing US Customs after a one night stay at Tufcat's.

Ghoste

Then it was home and unload.

Ghoste

And this is where she will stay until spring.

1974dodgecharger

NICE ghoste.....congrats on her man  :2thumbs:

charge69

Nice Charger, Ghoste !  Does it have a build sheet or fender tag? The pictures show the "short" bumper guards.  Mine has a 314 SPD and it has the taller bumper guards.

TUFCAT

I snapped this quick shot on my phone after the boys dropped it off.  I "Charger-sat" this bad boy for one night and a day until they got the green light from Canadian customs.

So, Mrs. Tufcat (who doesn't say much about cars) remarks "Hey, I really like the looks of that car!"......and I immediately start thinking.... :think: then I hear that voice  - - "No, you're not getting another one!" :brickwall:   Damn.  Well at least I tried. :faint:

69rtse4spd

Nice Charger, like the yellow stripe, If you came up 69 then you drove right past the Ft. Wayne Truck plant I work at. Sounds like you were road tripping about the same time I was in Anderson picking up mine.

Ghoste

Yes, we went past Fort Wayne and yes it has its papers.

jessejames

Beautiful car bro!! Love the yellow and black! I believe I've seen this car before.

hatersaurusrex

I've seen thousands if not millions of pics of these things, and the 2nd gen is still just as stunning every time I see a new one.

Congrats, Ghoste!   Try to get some sleep tonight instead of standing out in the garage staring at it with a stupid grin on your face ;)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mopar Nut

Best year for the Charger.   :2thumbs: 
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 15, 2013, 11:55:57 PM
I've seen thousands if not millions of pics of these things, and the 2nd gen is still just as stunning every time I see a new one.

Congrats, Ghoste!   Try to get some sleep tonight instead of standing out in the garage staring at it with a stupid grin on your face ;)

I feel the same way about the 2nd gen I NEVER get tired of looking at each one they seem different based on how the light hits the colors, lines, etc...they are just beatiful. 

remta1

wow awesome charger good score :2thumbs: :drool5:

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Bob T

Nice one, pleased for you Ghoste.
Sharp looking 69. Condition and options with more pics if you could please  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

WHITE AND RED 69

Great looking charger! Congrats.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

kokxville

Congrats Ghoste,

very badass charger  :drool5:

Have fun with her upcoming spring.  :drive:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

tan top

Quote from: Bob T on December 16, 2013, 01:44:33 AM
Nice one, pleased for you Ghoste.
Sharp looking 69. Condition and options with more pics if you could please  :cheers:

:yesnod:

:drool5:  nice one Ghoste  :dance: :woohoo:  looking forward to more pictures info & stuff as & when  :yesnod:

awesome stuff  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Not much to tell at this point and not many pics until the spring now.  It wasn't a heavily optioned car.  T5 originally with black top and interior.  Stripe delete, A01 light package.  I'll provide more info as I learn it.
You would have seen it on here before as I bought it from a member.

XS29L9B2

congrat this car is beautifull
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

War wagon

Congrats on the purchase :cheers:
Good to know another one has found a good home :2thumbs:
Looks like a keeper, nice car :cheers:

ODZKing

That coming to Carlisle and Mope-fest this summer?   :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Mopar fest and Columbus for sure and right now highly likely at Carlisle. 

darkside

Never seen that car around  ,what town in Arkansas?

Ghoste

firefighter3931

Congrats buddy....that is a sweet looking Charger.  :drool5:  :bow:

The yellow tail stripe looks really cool....luv it !   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Have to add that trailer pulled really nice too, it's aluminum and only weighs about 1600 lbs.  It didn't present much challenge for that 1/2 ton pickup.

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2013, 08:46:17 PM
After waiting for it to burn off a little we hit the road again with another stop for fuel in Indiana followed by a short visit in Auburn with some good friends.

We stopped in Auburn on Friday. 

Back N Black

Awesome charger! it will look nice parked next to the 67.  :2thumbs:

hemigeno

Congrats, Ghoste - looks like a great car... love the stance.

4cruzin

WOW sweet car!  So all you hit was some fog and a little mud?  No Snow?   :shruggy:  Nice score!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Tilar

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 15, 2013, 10:14:22 PM
So, Mrs. Tufcat (who doesn't say much about cars) remarks "Hey, I really like the looks of that car!"......and I immediately start thinking.... :think: then I hear that voice  - - "No, you're not getting another one!" :brickwall:   Damn.  Well at least I tried. :faint:

Always remember, It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.  ;)

Nice 69 there Ghoste!   :cheers:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RIDELIKEHELL

Right on!! Any chance it makes it North to my place in the spring? I can meet you half way or a 1/2 hour down the road  :lol: I wondered who bought that car  :D Anyway Bothwell has a great show in July so we should meet up Ghoste...again congrats

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ghoste

I thought Bothwell was always the same weekend as WAMBO which is the same weekend as the Nats?

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 12:59:23 PM
I thought Bothwell was always the same weekend as WAMBO which is the same weekend as the Nats?
your right august 8-9
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

projectanimal

Congrats on the new BEAUTIFUL charger!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Also looked like a fun trip!  always cool to buy something new and then have an adventure to bring it home!  :cheers: :cheers:
northwest CT

Fred

Congrats Ghoste.  :2thumbs:
Getting it home is definitely a good starting point.  Seeing it sit comfy, cosy in the garage will have you grinning from ear to ear.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Its a different shop right now as the 67 still sits in the garage at home so I visit it often but it will be nice in the spring when I can bring it here.

chargerboy69

I love that car.  I remember when the seller posted a WIW thread about it this fall. Congratulations of the purchase.

I bet the truck is glad to be home, she looks a "little" overloaded.  :o
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

It had a bed full of parts.  It never strained or missed a beat though.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on December 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM
Congrats Ghoste.  :2thumbs:
Getting it home is definitely a good starting point.  Seeing it sit comfy, cosy in the garage will have you grinning from ear to ear.
I have been grinning from ear to ear since seeing this thread and it's not even my car.    :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Marck

Congrats on your new addition..  :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome back to the club Shawn!  Now you have a new spark to get the '69 Registry running again!

Good luck with the new toy!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

myk

69 OUR/TEA

Congrats ghoste !!!!! :cheers: Even though I've seen the car in posts here thru the years,I can't remember,what are the stats of the car ??? R/T,colors,tranny,options ???

stripedelete

bill440rt

S-H-A-R-P Charger!!!!!  :drool5:
Looks like it found a nice new home.
Congrats and best of luck with it!  :cheers:

Might I make a humble suggestion that you may want to invest in a set of weight distribution bars for your hitch setup, they make a world of difference!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RECHRGD

I just love that color combo...
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Not my trailer or pickup and they actually belong to two different people but I appreciate the tip all the same Bill.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bill440rt on December 16, 2013, 07:12:38 PM
S-H-A-R-P Charger!!!!!  :drool5:
Looks like it found a nice new home.
Congrats and best of luck with it!  :cheers:

Might I make a humble suggestion that you may want to invest in a set of weight distribution bars for your hitch setup, they make a world of difference!  :yesnod:

I noticed that to,looks like the car was a bit to far forward.

Challenger340

GREAT looking Charger Ghoste, good decision ! :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on December 16, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
Mopar fest and Columbus for sure and right now highly likely at Carlisle. 

:drool5: Nice ride. I always liked the yellow stripe on that car.

Congratulations!   :2thumbs:   I remember that day well. I was grinning so much my face hurt for a week.  :yesnod:

Looking forward to meeting you at Carlisle this year!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

When I first saw the car in person, I told Ghoste the same thing.... "I can't believe I'm saying this but I like the stripe"!

I know him well enough to say that (because I really didn't like it in pictures) but somehow it works on this car and most of you guys agree. Having said that if I ever restored the car, the yellow stripe would have to be replaced with a correct production color. But I think its a fun contrast to the typically restored examples.   

Ghoste

And I kind of felt the same way seeing it in photos but I'm content to leave it for now.

bakerhillpins

I also like the Stripe Delete emblem combined with the 70 stripe, just like SFRT's ride, but he uses white on black.

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 17, 2013, 08:30:18 AM
When I first saw the car in person, I told Ghoste the car was just stolen, and hid it around back behind the house.

Fixed..   :D
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Ghoste

Actually he kept threatening to steal the trailer.

tan top

yeah looks good with a yellow stripe  :coolgleamA:   , eye catching !! makes it stand out from the rest   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ghoste on December 17, 2013, 10:54:35 AM

Actually he kept threatening to steal the trailer.

...that's a true story! :smash:

stripedelete

I had the stripe and emblem for years.  The only thing I didn't like about it were people constantly telling me it was not correct, like I was trying to get one past them.

Imo, it's an option/combo that should have happened.

Ghoste

I should get it double then for having the emblem on the stripe and having the stripe as yellow.

fy469rtse

Nah, i wouldn't give you any grief, was looking at pictures of that car a while ago, i like the combination , its also my football teams colors,
got to see one of your cars anyway now you have to post in threads , my rides , before and after , hows got the nicest rear, etc :D 

Ghoste

Haha, yes true although I probably posted more pics of the fastback 6 years ago.

1970Moparmann

Congrats on the car.   Hell of a road trip!    :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!