News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 Hemi RR...SWEET survivor

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, December 15, 2013, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Man look at that killer interior!!  :drool5:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5021&aid=525

Quote"It's only original once," this car is it. Untouched original survivor 1971 HEMI 4-speed with 11,103 documented miles since new. One of 28 made HEMI 4-speeds it has the following factory options: 426 HEMI, power disc brakes, AM/FM radio with stereo tape and optional microphone, remote left mirror, tinted glass, cigar lighter, tachometer, 15" road wheels, G-60 tires, Air Grabber hood, Track Pack, 4-speed transmission and light package. Battery cables and fuel pump are the only parts ever replaced, they are included with car. Original invoice, original Build Sheet and Govier Report included.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Wow, that one better bring strong money! :drool5: :drool5:

JB400

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

tan top

wow   :drool5: , amazing survivor ,  :drool5:  doubt there were many R codes that color  :scratchchin:  Y4 ? :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RJS

Wonder why the hood pop up spring is body color?????

69 OUR/TEA

Is'nt that the car featured in MCG ??? That dealer that sells on ebay from Minnesota got it???Brought it to the Vegas Mopar show ????

charge69

That IS interesting that the hood spring is body color!  The red ignition wires do not look original either.  Hard for me to believe that Mother MOPAR used red ignition wires originally but ................... ! :shruggy:

471_Magnum

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 15, 2013, 06:42:16 PM
That dealer that sells on ebay from Minnesota got it???

I think your're right about that.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

remta1

bill440rt

Thanks for posting that, Chris.  :cheers:

What a car! I think I'm in love. 
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FJMG

Wow, nice car.
never new the 71 B's did not need 3-SPD wiper to clear air filter.

TUFCAT

The shifter boot is wrong for a bench seat four speed car. :Twocents: :Twocents:  Tan Top - its GY8 gold leaf metallic

myk

Homerr

Cool car.  Passenger inner fender and firewall paint looks much newer than the driver's side.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Homerr on December 20, 2013, 10:32:48 AM
Cool car.  Passenger inner fender and firewall paint looks much newer than the driver's side.

That's usually caused from battery gasses (sulfates)  escaping.  

charge69

That is exactly why I went with an AGM battery on my restoration!  No expelled gases and no deterioration due to it!

bull

:o Wow, that thing is going to bring some serious cash. :yesnod: Make sure to update the thread when it sells.

Tilar

That car has Jay Leno written all over it. Looks like something he would be interested in.
Dave  

cudaken

Quote from: FJMG on December 16, 2013, 10:11:14 PM
Wow, nice car.
never new the 71 B's did not need 3-SPD wiper to clear air filter.

71 B Bodies used the same inner fenders, firewall and sub-frame as the 70 E Body. Firewall was back a little farther and did not need the 3 speed wiper to clear the ram air cleaner.

While ram air is cool, I do not like them on the 71 and 72 Road Runner's and GTX's.

Cuda Ken
I am back

polywideblock

strange they are the "holly grail" to most 3rd gen guys myself included

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

I thought they did a good job with the hidden scoop and all.

Tilar

This is due to come up on the auction block today, Anyone want to take a guess on what it brings?
Dave  

Ghoste

War wagon

122K  :popcrn:

But I must say I've been playing the haggerty fantasy bidding and I SUCK at evaluating cars apparently lol
I only have 100pts so far lmao

It's a beautiful car that deserves good money for sure

polywideblock

the prices cars have been selling for lately I'd guess less than 80 K   :scratchchin:  or "the bid goes on "       :popcrn:

70 sublime

Detailed InformationLot Number:  5021

Auction:  SCOTTSDALE 2014

Sale Type:  NO RESERVE

Price:  *$104,500.00

Year:  1971

Make:  PLYMOUTH

Model:  HEMI ROAD RUNNER

Style:  2 DOOR HARDTOP

VIN:  RM23R1G134682

Exterior Color:  GOLD

Interior Color:  TAN

Cylinders:  8

Engine Size:  426 HEMI

Transmission:  4-SPEED MANUAL
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

polywideblock

Scaregrabber

That looks like a great deal on that car.

Sheldon

Ghoste

I worked in the auction business for a long time and I suck at it too so don't feel bad.  Stuff you think will tank sets a record and record potential cars tank.

Aero426

Lack of a (insert high impact color here) probably turned off some.

TUFCAT

Its probably not as nice as it appears in pictures. There's always a reason.  :Twocents:

Aero426

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 19, 2014, 05:53:03 PM
Its probably not as nice as it appears in pictures. There's always a reason.  :Twocents:

I agree.  As you know, sometimes those very original cars have a little too much patina for some people who prefer new and shiny. 

bull

No surprise to me that it sold for more than $100k.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: polywideblock on January 02, 2014, 02:46:23 PM
strange they are the "holly grail" to most 3rd gen guys myself included

Thread 'jack...hidden headlights or air grabber?

polywideblock