News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to drop the column?

Started by fozz71, December 22, 2013, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fozz71

Hey Guys, I am putting in a new dash cluster in my '68 and need to drop the column, has anyone done this? What bolts do I remove? Any warnings to be careful of?

Thanks,
Jim

moparguy01

there will be 2 nuts holding the column up to the underside of the dash frame, and i believe on the earlier cars like yours there is a plastic cover over the top of those nuts you have to remove first. then loosen the bolts on the floor where the column goes through and it should be out of the way enough to pull the cluster.

cdr

my 68 has 2 nuts & one bolt further down & it is kinda hard to find,its on the right side.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

fozz71

Thanks- got it! While I am re-working my dash- I may stick a delete plate since I don't have a radio- has anyone made a home-made one? They want $100 for one from suppliers. Yikes!