News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Needs pics of a 440 with MSD distributor

Started by professor-patrick, June 24, 2006, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor-patrick

Anybody got pics of their 440 with an MSD distributor?  I want to compare the height of the MSD with the MP electronic distributor is anyone has that info too.  Thanks.
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

defiance

sure:
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2324498/2
Three of the pics on that page show the MSD distributor pretty clearly; last three, starting about halfway down.

professor-patrick

Thanks.  How much taller is that MSD than the stock distributor?
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

defiance

I don't have the stock one anymore, so I can't actually check, but my memory's telling me it really wasn't much different...  But I'm a long way from any clearance issues, so I didn't actually pay *that* much attention... sorry :(

andyf

Here is a 440 block with a MSD distributor installed.

4402tuff4u

There are several models. My Charger came with the so-called MSD "ready to run" distributor that is fatter than the stock ones. My 440 now has INDY EZ heads and the MSD distributor that fit with stock heads no longer fitted the INDY heads, therefore I switched to electronic ignition with a MP stock distributor - barely clears but it works. I dont have the model number handy at work on the MSD dist that did not fit. But if you want it for reference I'll get it tomorrow. The higher MSD's dist will fit as shown above. My Charger came with a 17" california double snorkel air cleaner, so I couldnt go with the higher MSD distributor. Good luck  :icon_smile_wink:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"