News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Front Parking Light Bulb Replacement Help

Started by A383Wing, December 13, 2013, 07:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I gotta bulb out in the front parking light behind the grille in the Daytona...thinking about just changing to LED bulbs in there....it's been so long sine I put the car together from 1996, what's the chain of events needed to change the bulbs? I really don't wanna take the lower valance off....and I'm running stock front grille frame also

Bryan

Mopar John

When I found out that I had the wrong bulbs in my Daytonas parking lights I had to change them out. I removed one assembly at a time through the cutout in the bottom of the nose. Then I changed the bulb and reinstalled the assembly!
MJ

A383Wing

I was afraid you were gonna say that...and there is my problem...note in pic below that I put mesh screen inside the nosecone for the 'Dega 99 meet....mainly to protect the radiator from any rocks or debris getting in there during the trip

guess I may have to end up pulling the latch tray to access this now....sigh

DAY CLONA

Quote from: A383Wing on December 13, 2013, 07:35:52 PM
I gotta bulb out in the front parking light behind the grille in the Daytona...thinking about just changing to LED bulbs in there....it's been so long sine I put the car together from 1996, what's the chain of events needed to change the bulbs? I really don't wanna take the lower valance off....and I'm running stock front grille frame also

Bryan

You can do it thru the main grille opening, the 4 Philips screws are on the backside of the parking lite unit, and you can remove the lens, and replace the bulb, or you can remove the 3 screws holding the whole unit in place on the Z bar, and it will just skim thru the grille opening...DAMHIK :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

one cannot get the front grille opening off without getting to the backside of the upper mounting part of the grille surround....they are nutted from behind...screws are only in the bottom.....

grille could be removed if I had access to the mounting nuts...but I have the screen mesh in lower openings...

I'm thinking latch tray removal is about my only choice here....

probably gonna put LED bulbs in the front so I don't have to do this again in my lifetime