News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 Blue interior

Started by moparnut, September 21, 2013, 08:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnut

Ready to install the carpet ,headliner in my 69 .Color choices and carpet loop is all over the place.Just looking for the factory color and styles.Anyone been down this road already ?Im seeing 3 different shades of blue.Prices are all over the place.One stop shopping would be nice.Would like to get the white vinyl top also.  Any help would greatly be appreciated. 10 years ago we put new carpet in and it was to light ,had it dyed but it started looking spotted after a few years. moparnut

b5blue

Request color samples from dealers, it takes time but is worth the wait.  :2thumbs:

moparnut

Thanks  B5 blue Ill request a few samples.Back in the day while buying these cars .When you got the B5 blue exterior with  the blue interior were all the interiors delivered in the same shades of blue?Could you order darker carpet with lighter dash peices or was it a set color group?  moparnut

b5blue

My car was B5 in and out but it's a 70. Here are a few of my bookmarks: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=66487.0;imode   
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,84064.0.html
I don't think shades were an option. It appears that pre-68 and post-70 had lighter shades of blue than "Bright Blue" and there is a B7 darker blue, kind of a "Navy Blue" add batch color variances and assorted manufacturers and you see why sample requests are needed for carpets.   

472 R/T SE

I had a '70 R/T in blue.  I did a minor resto. on the interior.

I don't know about '69 but '70 there were some pieces that were B7, pillar for example.

I have a really cool old chart showing which pieces got what.  I'll have to dig around for it.  For some pieces, like the glove box door, I took to the paint shop & the guy mixed up a batch of the SEM.  He'd shoot a section, take it outside after it dried to see how close he was.  It worked out perfect.

472 R/T SE

Here it is.  Actually it was posted in another thread.  In looking at '69 Baltic Blue is used quite a bit compared to '70.
It's kind of a different website.  Go down to the 2 PPG pages & in order to read them hold your mouse down over the area & it'll expand it.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1969-Dodge-pg02.jpg

AKcharger

On my '72 I have Bright Blue but elected to go Bright blue on everything but carpet, went with a dark blue carpet to avoid easy stains/dirt, just FYI

68blue

Wanted my interior parts to match the KBC05 Cobalt Blue exterior, dyed the carpet with a mix of Ritt Dyes and shaded the interior vinyl to match. Sad thing is that when it's at a show almost nobody notices that the exterior color is non standard and that the interior matches it. :shruggy:

b5blue

I am trying OER Brand interior paint (From Jegs.) and it's matching the Baltic Blue nicely, however the initial question was about carpet.  :scratchchin:

68blue

With a little modification, Ritt dye worked very well on my carpet. I picked a lighter shade of carpet then brought the color up to match my panel of Cobalt Blue. Part of this involved hanging the carpet pieces up and then spraying the hot dye solution into the carpet with a cheap cup gun until I got the correct color strength. Carpets then went into a "bake oven" made from spare cardboard boxes covered in blankets with a small space heater inside. Was able to maintain 170-180 long enough to set the dye color. :Twocents:

moparnut

Thanks everyone for your input.Im still on the fence Havent ordered anything.Built a attatched garage on the house,did not help the charger any.The wife really likes it though.Got a couple color samples of the carpet.Requested some head liner samples but never received.Guess they do not want my money.

moparnut

Ordered everything thru legendary ,The carpet color was perfect,the headliner is a different material ,color matches the carpet.The pearl white top is looking real good.Happy with everything so far.The cost was 540 for everything shipped to my door.It took aprox 4 weeks to receive everything the carpet was shipped first.