News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Right Door Lock Rod

Started by twenty mike mike, December 12, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

'69 Charger. My right door lock rod is not vertical as the left hand rod is. It looks like the horizontal rod is too long. Is there a way to adjust that, or is the lock rod supposed to have a dog leg to make it go vertical through the upper door pad? Or are the wrong parts in there?

Dino

Looks like a 68 setup in a 69 door.  68 owners will hopefully chime in, haven't looked at a 68 mechanism in a very long time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

twenty mike mike

Funny, the parts look newer than the ones in the left door, but it's obviously the original door.

Dino

Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure you have a 68 mechanism in there because if the hole would be at the end of the door pad as only 68's had it, the rod would be straight.

Found this:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39121.msg431159.html#msg431159

twenty mike mike

The picture is looking toward the front of the door.

Dino

Quote from: twenty mike mike on December 18, 2013, 02:26:09 PM
The picture is looking toward the front of the door.

Maybe I should keep looking at it a little while longer then.   :lol:

So the door is for a 69 and the mechanism is still off.  Any chance you can compare to the other door to see how the mechanisms differ?

twenty mike mike

I have...the other side looks correct.  :rofl:

I see what the problem is now. The "rocker" or whatever it's called, is mounted upside down, reversing the relative positions of the pivot points.

Dino

Quote from: twenty mike mike on December 18, 2013, 02:40:47 PM
I have...the other side looks correct.  :rofl:

I see what the problem is now. The "rocker" or whatever it's called, is mounted upside down, reversing the relative positions of the pivot points.

:lol:

Yeah I figured something like that had happened.  You gotta love the easy fixes though!   :2thumbs:

twenty mike mike