News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Favorite B-Body (other than Charger)

Started by xs29bb1, December 12, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Lord Warlock

Looks like I'm amongst others with a like mind.  69 superbee six pack would have been my choice.  My dad had a magazine, a car and driver I believe, that had an article about moonshiners and a 69 superbee six pack, I lusted after that car, remember drawing it on my desk in High school when i was 16.  When i was looking for my first car, I had to choose between a 69 super bee, 440 4spd, with a tunnel ram and dual quads, but the engine was out of the car and mostly disassembled for 400.00 or buy a 69 charger r/t se with 78k orig miles, all original except dish mags, and ran great as is for 800.  History proves what i chose, but I did like the lines of the super bee. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JB400

myk

Favorite B-body other than Charger?  Easy; Charger...

B body's are the epitome of the muscle car era and Mopar legends though, so typically I love them all...

six-tee-nine

No doubt the '70 Plymouth GTX, 440+6 4-speed and air grabber hood.

I also like the 66 / 67 coronet body style and those care are under valued compared to the 68/70 body style imo
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

Lord Warlock I remember that Super Bee moonshiner article.  I'm very sure I have a copy of that magazine around here somewhere.  :cheers:

500Jon

Hi Guys and Gals,

Nearly fell off my chair when I read the replies.
Think I must be a closet American Moparman?
Currently own a 71 GTX in Sassy Grass.

Also owned a 70 GTX in Burnt-Orange.
70 Cuda 383 4speed in B5.
But even Cooler than those a 69 Sixpack BEE in Butterscotch, one of only two 69SP UK cars.
Now in France, boy do I regret selling that for £2500! :brickwall:
We live and learn.
Limey
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

billssuperbird

Dino

I've been sitting here thinking about this, and besides the 2nd gen I can't think of anything I'd spend much money on.  Come to think of it, there's nothing in the mopar stable that I would spend much money on besides what I already have.  Did they make b-bodies before 1960?  I may be able to find something in there then.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

SRT-440

Well, I've got my "option" which is a 70 Road Runner clone...now I just need the Charger.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

chargerboy69

A 69 Super Bee. . .black, red interior with red Bee stripe or a Alpine white 1970 Superbird.

Looks like the majority is picking the 69 Coronet/Bee body style.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

darkside

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 12, 2013, 05:05:46 PM
Other than a Charger ? :scratchchin:

'70 RoadRunner.

That's it.

I agree on that,70 roadrunner or 70  gtx is the  second best b-body.  best e-body  is a 71 cuda.

6pkrtse

68,69 or 70 Coronet R/T or Superbee for me. I still regret having to get rid of my red on red 69' Coronet. I can't stand 71 & up B Bodies. (sorry, to the guys that do like them).
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

ODZKing

71 Plum crazy Roadrunner

Indygenerallee

Black 71 Charger R/T Hemi, with every single option!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

wingcar

Wait a minute, you're saying they built another B-Body other than a Charger................WOW, go figure.... :o    :slap:

My Vote:  1970 Plymouth Superbird, with the '71 Superbee a close second (but then that's kind of creating as it was really just a Charger per say.....
:D
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

NJRBros

I know this is definitely a biased choice but I'd choose a '65 Belvedere II. :icon_smile_big:

This picture is almost exactly what I'd want ours to look like when we have the time/money to restore it sometime in the next 100 years.

Sublime/Sixpack

As beautiful as the 2nd Gen. Charger's lines are, my favorite B-body Mopars are the 2dr. hardtop big block Coronets from 1965 thru 1969. The '67 Plymouth GTX, and '70 Road Runner (440+6 or Hemi) fit right in there as well.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bakerhillpins

Tossup between the 70 Runner and the 68 Coronet.   :drool5:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

daveco

R/Tree

Lord Warlock

ghoste.. the magazine we had was a collection of all the hottest cars of the 60s, from all the articles they had in the actual magazines.  Its what got me interested in the cobra as well as the super bee.  It was like a special edition magazine for car and driver.  One of these days i'll have to look for a copy myself.  The moonshiner article was the one that I enjoyed reading the most,  and a couple pages toward the end of it there was an ad for something called swamp water, which was a mixed drink made from Green Chartreuse liquor and pineapple juice 1/3 quart ratio.  I used to have swampwater parties in college.  Tastes kind of funky but would mess you up. 

While I also like the Daytona as a B body, the title of the thread indicated other than a charger,  so I didn't select that one, since the daytona is basically a charger with some extra pieces added on.  The superbird would qualify i guess, but i wasn't quite into roadrunners or superbirds that much even if they were a mopar.  I would take one if someone offered it of course (cheap) but one muscle car is enough of a drain on finances already.  And I wouldn't give up the charger I have for one since mine was my first car, and i'm happy to have held on to it as long as i have.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

ACUDANUT

Any Roadrunner that is NOT painted butterscotch or pea green  :2thumbs:

Brads70