News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Coronet 500 Convertible WIW

Started by 71green go, December 09, 2013, 04:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

I will post a picture, but for now just curious what you think this is worth...I have looked at it twice now...

68 coronet 500 convertible 318 car....
Basically needs everything, it is a running driving car ....bucket seat console car...very tired interior with rips but complete
Needs most sheet metal including quarters , fenders need work, doors need patched, trunk floor , floor pans and frame rails have been patched......
Its a complete car .....Licensed on road till Jan 14....
paint is faded and peeling clear coat badly..........top needs replaced as it has small holes..

Are these cars rare?.......he is asking $4500 firm, he has been offered $3500 but turned down...lol he said yes car is a piece of sh__ but its rare 68 mopar ....Cars like this in Ontario are very tough to find so prices are usually high

TUFCAT

It's an easy equation to figure.  When a car's that far gone.... take the purchase price, then add [$40 to $60K] to restore, and you'll end up with an amount equal to what its worth to you.  :D  ** Actual real world value may vary.

Old Moparz

Most of the parts are available for it, but the deck lid is a tough item to locate with a decent price. I haven't seen a clean, rust free deck lid for under $600 for that year, so keep that in mind. They are prone to rot in the center around the key hole.

This is mine.....

Not extremely rare, but B-Body convertibles are not the most common. Price sounds okay as long as it isn't rotted everywhere.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

A383Wing

that steering wheel really looks tilted up in that right hand drive 'vert...any more info on that car?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 09, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

Not extremely rare, but B-Body convertibles are not the most common. Price sounds okay as long as it isn't rotted everywhere.  :Twocents:

I agree. Seems fair to me. If it's decent there is that much there in parts. Finding convertible specific pieces is not that easy.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

71green go

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on December 09, 2013, 07:36:31 PM

I agree. Seems fair to me. If it's decent there is that much there in parts. Finding convertible specific pieces is not that easy.

Am thinking more of my next resto project, don't want to bother parting out a car.......the beauty is the car is 5 blocks from me and he will drive to my house...I just wish I could get under it better its parked in mud and low.....I will see what I can figure out Saturday...gets too dark by time I get home through the week

Old Moparz

Quote from: 71green go on December 09, 2013, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: 69CoronetRT on December 09, 2013, 07:36:31 PM

Am thinking more of my next resto project, don't want to bother parting out a car.......the beauty is the car is 5 blocks from me and he will drive to my house...I just wish I could get under it better its parked in mud and low.....I will see what I can figure out Saturday...gets too dark by time I get home through the week

If it drives, bring a pair of ramps, maybe jack stands & a jack, sheets of cardboard to lay on, then ask to move it onto a paved surface. I've gotten covered with dirt to look underneath, it's much better than getting burned buying a rot box.

Quote from: A383Wing on December 09, 2013, 06:20:30 PM
that steering wheel really looks tilted up in that right hand drive 'vert...any more info on that car?

I found it a while ago on someone's flikr account.....Don't know anything about it other than I like it.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1499248@N24/pool/tags/500/page2/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

tallhair

~$4,500 for running / driving 68 Convert sounds pretty reasonable to me.  I've seen rough ones 68/8 b body converts advertised for a lot more than that, when you can find one.  Plus the upside of what it will look like done.
68 Coronet R/T Conv
70 Road Runner A/G, 4 gear, A31
99 Durango 4 X 4

tallhair

Any update on this?  Did you get it?
68 Coronet R/T Conv
70 Road Runner A/G, 4 gear, A31
99 Durango 4 X 4

myk

Patronus

Worst case it needs a rail, or two..
Besides, what else you gonna do?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Ghoste

It'd be a great one of none Super Bee convertible.

Mytur Binsdirti