News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear seat belt retainers in a convertible?

Started by resq302, December 09, 2013, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Specifically in a 69 B body convertible, in our case, my Dad's GTX vert.  Did the convertible cars come with the plastic "male" buckle retainers that were attached to the bottom part of the seat frame?  Our GTX has the ones on the front bucket seats but nothing in the back.  The covers were replaced so I am wondering if they might have not been replaced although, I could not find any holes in the frame work to support where the retainers might have been mounted.  Is ours missing or were they never put in convertible cars for the rear seat?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

RJS

I remember my 69 X convertible having the fronts but not the rears.
Those seats were redone before my ownership also.
Ron

resq302

Thanks for your input.  My 69 Charger (hardtop) has them yet there is no evidence of holes being in the lower portion of the frame work of the rear seat in the GTX which leads me to believe that they were never installed on verts.  Our 70 Chally vert is also the same way.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

Same here Brian, nothing. I have 3 convertible interiors for B-Bodies, 2 of which are the original covers, but none have the plastic retainers. I never removed the covers to look underneath at the frame, so I can't say if they were set up for it.  :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

68RED4SPEED

This is from my 1970 Coronet convertible

resq302

Thanks for the confirmation Bob!  I felt around and even looked behind the frame work figuring the holes would have gone through the lower frame of the seat and nothing.  Since you have original untouched seats that would mean either they would have been removed leaving holes from the screws or they were never installed at all.  Looks like the latter is the winner!   :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Brian

RJS

Brian I got to thinking about back when I owned my 69 GTX Vert. My friend and I used to improve stuff all the time on the cars and I now remember him telling me I have to get those since his 68 hardtop had them mine must be missing.
Well I got a set and then couldn't find any holes to mount them.
Also I had the 69 Coronet R/T vert. that didn't have them in the rear seats either.
Ron

resq302

Wonder what the reasoning was why they did not put them on convertible cars? :scratchchin:
Brian