News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For The Hunters (Delicate Sensibilities Do Not Open)

Started by Drache, December 07, 2013, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on September 20, 2014, 03:00:53 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before, but what does bear meat taste like?  Sorry, I'm from the city..... :shruggy:  

Like a really lean pork with some wild taste to it. Hard to explain.

Quote from: el dub on September 20, 2014, 03:49:12 PM
What did they weigh?  Looks like a nice hunt. Road hunt?

First one on the grass I got opening day because it charged me. I let it get within 20 feet before putting a .308 through it's chest. He was 5'5 feet from tip of nose to tail. No idea of the weight.

The second one is my brother's bear. He took that in the sweet spot behind the front shoulder with a 30-30 at 75 yards. She was 5'6.

The last bear I took with my WWII K98 sniper rifle. Another sweet spot shot at 175 yards. He was 6'2 and weighed in at about 400+lbs. Took three adult men to drag the bear out of the brush.

No road hunts on these. Why do you ask?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

JB400

Is road hunting illegal in Canada as it is here in the states? :popcrn:  Not allowed to use spot lights either.

Drache

Quote from: JB400 on September 20, 2014, 04:51:15 PM
Is road hunting illegal in Canada as it is here in the states? :popcrn:  Not allowed to use spot lights either.

You must be 15 yards from the road before shooting unless it's an old logging road.

Can't shoot at dark here in Canada.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

el dub

Quote from: Drache on September 20, 2014, 03:55:42 PM
Quote from: 69Charger_440 on September 20, 2014, 03:00:53 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before, but what does bear meat taste like?  Sorry, I'm from the city..... :shruggy:  

Like a really lean pork with some wild taste to it. Hard to explain.

Quote from: el dub on September 20, 2014, 03:49:12 PM
What did they weigh?  Looks like a nice hunt. Road hunt?

First one on the grass I got opening day because it charged me. I let it get within 20 feet before putting a .308 through it's chest. He was 5'5 feet from tip of nose to tail. No idea of the weight.

The second one is my brother's bear. He took that in the sweet spot behind the front shoulder with a 30-30 at 75 yards. She was 5'6.

The last bear I took with my WWII K98 sniper rifle. Another sweet spot shot at 175 yards. He was 6'2 and weighed in at about 400+lbs. Took three adult men to drag the bear out of the brush.

No road hunts on these. Why do you ask?

Just curious.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Drache

Not a big deer, after removing the head, guts, hide, and legs, it only came out to 119lbs. But I'm sure it will taste good and that is all that counts when I'm hunting!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

alenglish

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

68X426