News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oh come on now 350z...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, November 18, 2013, 07:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

War wagon

That's the engine bay from the wagon
While it looks ricey, I can assure you everything there was serving a purpose

No fake scoops, scallops etc on that car. In fact I had removed the hood scoop cause it served no purpose once I went to a front mount intercooler. Took soooooo much flak for that car..
Subaru guys hated it, wasn't a rally car or time attack car, drag strip guys took ALONG TIME to accept it and some just wouldn't .

And for me , well it just wasn't a Mopar.  :yesnod:

Ghoste

How much was invested under there?

War wagon

Quote from: Ghoste on November 26, 2013, 03:00:38 PM
How much was invested under there?

Far too much :brickwall: :brickwall:
Let's just say I could have bought a Niiice HEMI wing car with what ended up in that car during my need for speed. And I took a huge loss getting rid of it. :icon_smile_blackeye: :-\
There was 27k in the motor alone without turbo setup. 6500 just in machine work. Darton sleeves, heli coiled 1/2" head studs to keep heads on block , o-ringed etc etc
It was truly a daily driver gone wrong, that car had 3 motors, 6 turbos, 3 trannys,countless axles, and many other parts over the years.
I bought it new, and proceeded to put 330,000kms on the street with it. This wasn't a toy that got used on wknds.
Took a very long time and a lot of learning to make things bulletproof for the abuse it saw.
Car launched at 7000rpm on 4 slicks with AWD, 0-60 in 2.1 secs
Would I do it all again......
NO F#%*^+*# Way!!!

Hindsight is 20/20 thou isn't it...
:shruggy: :Twocents:

War wagon

Ricer??? Tuner??? You decide  :lol: :lol:

odcics2

ok gang, a new word:   Ticer !       :smilielol:

(sounded better than Runer...)
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

War wagon

:smilielol: :rofl: :cheers:

THE MORAL OF THIS STORY.....All the faux stick ons, decals, body kits in the world don't add up to a MOPAR

There will always be non car guys giving the rest of us entertainment with their take on things as seen in that video LOL

JUST SAY NO

Thank god know one has defiled a charger with those stick on scoops etc :eek2:

wingcar

The "original" 350z shown in the U-tube video is noting more than a
"Cal Custom Special"  (Build your own with parts from any Wal-mart, Pep-boys, or other fine automotive stores near you.....)    :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hatersaurusrex

You guys notice that the account name for the kid who posted the video is 'nottasrt' as in 'not a SRT'.  There's a good chance it's a riced neon with a wing which makes all the ridicule 100% valid.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

6spd68

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 05, 2013, 10:35:30 AM
You guys notice that the account name for the kid who posted the video is 'nottasrt' as in 'not a SRT'.  There's a good chance it's a riced neon with a wing which makes all the ridicule 100% valid.

Since I've heard this countless times, I'll repeat the Neon owners ultimate quote...

"It's not a Neon! It's an SX 2.0!"  LOL!!!
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Dino

There's two t's in not?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Dino on December 05, 2013, 10:45:04 AM

There's two t's in not?

Nope, but notta could be.  As in 'whole lotta love' or 'alotta fagina'
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1974dodgecharger

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce