News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know what car this jack is for?? '68 Charger??

Started by MxRacer855, December 04, 2013, 09:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Hey guys!

When I bought my car, the guy who owned it gave me a bunch of parts that he said were original to the car to the best of his knowledge. One of them was this jack. I have no idea what an original jack for a '68-'70 Charger looks like and can't seem to find information on it very easily...

Does anyone recognize what car this jack would have come on?

Jeff

MxRacer855

MxRacer855

A383Wing

those are both little "foreign" car jacks...not made for our cars...

MxRacer855

I was very skeptical... I was hoping to make a little bit of cash off of it to fund the cause. In that case, I'm just going to throw that shit away!  :'( That's life.

billschroeder5842

Texas Proud!

areibel

They actually look like 80's-90's GM jacks, they actually work pretty well for low clearance stuff.
I wouldn't throw out a jack if it works, even if it was a GM!

A383Wing

Quote from: areibel on December 07, 2013, 05:49:11 PM
They actually look like 80's-90's GM jacks, they actually work pretty well for low clearance stuff.
I wouldn't throw out a jack if it works, even if it was a GM!

I think they are Saturn jacks...or some car similar...I would not trust one under a Charger

areibel

I have two, one came out of my wife's 84 Gutlass and the other is out of a Delta 88.   I don't use them to support the car while I'm under it, but the low profile works in some situations- getting under the axle when there's a flat (enough to get a floor jack under), or even with a piece of 2x6 to push out a mashed in quarter panel from inside the trunk!

Ghoste

I've heard stories of those ones failing but I think its just local guys trash talking.  Has anyone else heard anything like that?

Bandit72

i have one very similar to that that i drag around to salvage yards when i go parts hunting...very handy for low clearance stuff! I've never had mine fail and i've moved quite abit of junk with it....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

MxRacer855

So overall it seems to serve it's purpose very well. Unfortunately, it's not an OEM jack to the car  :'(

Life goes on. :cheers:

Jeff