News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I finally bought my dream car

Started by Firetodd, December 03, 2013, 11:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homerr

Congrats, and welcome!

Love the first-gens with hubcaps.

69chargerboy

NICE! Congrats, I love those first gens.  :cheers:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

wingcar

Very nice...Welcome from another 67 Charger owner. 
You will find (if you haven't already) that the first generation Charger is both a joy and a challenge to own as it is very unique when compared to later Chargers.  For the most part you will be the only one with a first generation Charger at most car shows you may attend. 
And, you are correct there is a lot of information on this forum that should help you in keeping your Charger where it belongs....on the road.    :2thumbs:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

charge69

Welcome here and you have a beautiful '67 Charger in my favorite color!  :icon_smile_big:  Any questions you might have, someone here will certainly have the answer!

Sublime/Sixpack

It looks like a nice car. Hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Baldwinvette77

nice, first charger i ever saw was a red fastback  :cheers:

ws23rt

Great looking car.  Your post reminds my of many cars I wish I could have had if the stars had been in the right place. I also remember how cool it was when I was able to grab one before the opportunity flashed by. :2thumbs:

Laxy

Awesome looking car, makes me really want one of these! Especially with the hubcaps. Might have to go watch Big Fish again and dream.

I swapped from 2.76 to 3.23 gears earlier this year, made a big a difference - was sick of being barely above idle everywhere!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

hatersaurusrex

That thing shore is purty.  One day I might justify buying myself a first gen, always had a thing for them.

Get used to people at the gas station saying 'Nice Cougar, I had me a 63 just like it'

:) :) :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

xs29bb1

Quote from: Firetodd on December 03, 2013, 11:19:37 PM
I am new to the Forum. I previously owned a 1965 Barracuda that I restored with my father while in high school. Well life happened and 20 years later, I am finally back into the Mopar World. I purchased a 1967 Charger factory 383 4bbl with the automatic. I've spent the last month reading the forum and gleaming a lot of great info. My car is not perfect, but I am excited.

The car has had some previous restoration work done on her, but she still is mostly original, with the factory drive train.

Wow Firetodd - our stories are so similar.  My first car was a 67 Barracuda that I restored w/ my dad while in HS.  (Unfortunately, chick ran a stop sign a year later and totaled it)  20 years later I purchased a 68 Charger....

Great looking car BTW.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Firetodd on December 03, 2013, 11:19:37 PM
My car is not perfect, but I am excited.

You are too modest, you got a reeeeeeeallll nice car right there and the red is purdy.

I can imagine your excitement
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

hydroforce2

Congrats!!! the car looks great, and like i say.. it's not perfect, but it's perfect for me!
:2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

Firetodd

hydroforce2

1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

remta1

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RGA

Ghoste

RTSE470

Beautiful Car! It looks in excellent condition!

XS29L9B2

i don t like exterior or a like interior and instruments cluster by night
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

xoman60

Very nice car. I came very close to buying a 67 recently. I ended up getting a 69 so Im a newb here also. I will upload some pics soon.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: xoman60 on December 16, 2013, 02:38:28 AM
Very nice car. I came very close to buying a 67 recently. I ended up getting a 69 so Im a newb here also. I will upload some pics soon.
Welcome aboard!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

Yes, welcome and we look forward to those photos.