News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Dukes Ride Again on CMT - what will this do to the values of 1969 Chargers?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, December 29, 2013, 12:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

cavemanno1

There are less and less of them around for sale!There is ONLY ONE '68 on ebay right now!Used to be a half a dozen of them usually!

Mike DC

Sales of cars like these seem to go in waves IMO.  The last decade was a big wave of Charger sales and restorations.   Now most of their new owners will probably keep them for at least a few years, if not more.  

There's still plenty of them out there if you are willing to pay what they're worth. 

Take someone who can't find one, give them an extra $10,000 to spend (for the same condition car) and see how much trouble they still have finding it.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 29, 2013, 12:32:21 PM
On January 5th, 2014, nearly 35 years after originally airing on CBS, the Dukes of Hazzard will be returning to the small screen on the CMT Network  :coolgleamA: The show is being advertised as being run in HD  :scratchchin:

That in mind, how do you think the show being back on the air, might affect the prices or the demand for 1969 Dodge Chargers :popcrn:

Also, thinking about the HD, or high definition nature, I wonder if the networks have "remastered" the flag from the roof of the General Lee, removing it from history?  :popcrn: I have seen the previews on CMT, but all angles have been of the General in ways that I cannot tell  :shruggy:

Watching the trailer again, in one shot, I could barely see the flag on the roof, so there is hope it isn't blurred-out, or otherwise removed  :popcrn:

Aero426

The legacy of the Charger is well established as are the Dukes cars in pop culture.    Keeping the cars in the public eye will never hurt.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 29, 2013, 07:40:34 PM
I dont think they will bother removing the flag, it really doesn't mean much to the modern world i find.  :shruggy:, yeah a couple people might be offended by it, but... deal with it, there isn't much if any racism or bigotry in the DOH that i recall, so i don't see what would be so offensive by having the flag, it's just there, its not really "used"

There was no racism in the show. Period. The Dukes had black friends and always promoted helping anyone in need and doing the right thing. Yes, the show was slightly "corny", I'll admit that. But, as a father of two young boys, I would much rather have them watch the original series than the 2005 movie or many of today's shows that are on t.v. after 8 p.m.

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Johnnys440Charger

Is this on now?   I don't see it on TV.   I am on Bell Fibe TV in Toronto Canada.   CMT is channel 1575.  I searched the guide - no Dukes anywhere.

BROCK

Quote from: Dreamcar on January 03, 2014, 01:09:04 PM
I dont think they will bother removing the flag, it really doesn't mean much to the modern world i find.  :shruggy:, yeah a couple people might be offended by it, but... deal with it, there isn't much if any racism or bigotry in the DOH that i recall, so i don't see what would be so offensive by having the flag, it's just there, its not really "used"

There was no racism in the show. Period. The Dukes had black friends and always promoted helping anyone in need and doing the right thing. Yes, the show was slightly "corny", I'll admit that. But, as a father of two young boys, I would much rather have them watch the original series than the 2005 movie or many of today's shows that are on t.v. after 8 p.m.

Today's political correctness has rendered many facts & truths "mute". 
Remastered episodes are fine: they are a'kin to watching Shirley Temple
in color.  It's a way to reach a whole new audience.  Sure the audience
dwindles a little more each time you 'update' but any audience is a plus. 
So far, the ultimate badboy car is a Charger in film.  Was true in Bullitt
& most every badboy show since.  Keep that aura alive & you keep value!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Baldwinvette77

I just remembered CMT in canada has completely different programing than in the states... damn...  :rotz:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Johnnys440Charger on January 05, 2014, 02:09:02 PM

Is this on now?   I don't see it on TV.   I am on Bell Fibe TV in Toronto Canada.   CMT is channel 1575.  I searched the guide - no Dukes anywhere.
Yes, the 2nd show is almost over, and I am pleased to report, although heavily edited for timing, the General Lee was not a victim of CGI or edits.

69wannabe

Quote from: Cooter on December 29, 2013, 10:03:54 PM
At least, and I mean the very least, it won't have 'staged' drama where constant bickering and bleeps, fake street racing/moonshine making, and some dude/chick 'twerking' ....

Yeah, gimme the DOH an day.

X2!!!!

myk

Quote from: BROCK on January 05, 2014, 02:55:09 PM

Today's political correctness has rendered many facts & truths "mute". 
Remastered episodes are fine: they are a'kin to watching Shirley Temple
in color.  It's a way to reach a whole new audience.  Sure the audience
dwindles a little more each time you 'update' but any audience is a plus. 
So far, the ultimate badboy car is a Charger in film.  Was true in Bullitt
& most every badboy show since.
  Keep that aura alive & you keep value!

All true.  Take a look at Deathproof, Drive Angry and that hated little film franchise the Fast and the Furious; many people write it off as 'ricer movies, but in the end it's usually a muscle car, a CHARGER, along with a main character, that sees the final resolution of the story...

Daytona Guy

I dont think they will bother removing the flag, it really doesn't mean much to the modern world i find.  :shruggy:, yeah a couple people might be offended by it, but... deal with it, there isn't much if any racism or bigotry in the DOH that i recall, so i don't see what would be so offensive by having the flag, it's just there, its not really "used"

I'm personally not fond of the flag for what it stood for, (600K people died because of what it stood for). But the flag was also more the era/and was benign on the car in the program as a post Civil War symbol. I love what you said here about the 2005 movie. Love the car - always fun to watch a Charger. The Tweedle Dee & Tweedle dumb of the '05 Dukes of H - along with Miss Skank - was the dumbest thing I ever saw. The 2005 movie should never be repeated with those actors; too much to explain to my children - just a hand full of trailer thrash. The Dukes were not trailer trash. For the record, I owned a General Lee.

Dane

Ghoste