News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast and Furious Star Paul Walker (all around car guy) Dies in Porsche Accident

Started by TUFCAT, November 30, 2013, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Wheel of Fortune watchers are pissed because they had a puzzle that involved F&F :rotz:
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/wheel-of-fortune--slammed-for-ill-timed-paul-walker-clue-210123471.html

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it.  The show was recorded 2 months ago.  Besides, the local station put a tribute at the bottom after the puzzle was solved.

Mike DC

Now a more questionable story is starting to surface.  They say Walker had started dating his longtime GF when he was 33yo and she was only 16yo. 

myk

Not to dismiss any of his transgressions but I don't think anyone expects him to be a saint, and I don't think anyone of us can even begin to start casting stones.  But, there was good in him, he touched a lot of lives and I'm willing to let his bad and good deeds rest in peace...

polywideblock

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 04, 2013, 03:05:58 AM

Now a more questionable story is starting to surface.  They say Walker had started dating his longtime GF when he was 33yo and she was only 16yo. 

how old was Priscilla? go one further Mandy smith  13  (bill wyman)       they'd been together for 7 years not exactly a teenage crush

don't get me wrong i'v raised three great well adjusted girls  now have grandkids trashing me instead but it wasn't that long ago that most 14 year olds were 14 going on 40   :yesnod:   anyone over 50 remember the 70's-80's   do you really have a 21 year old age of consent ? its always been 16 in Australia  we drink/vote  at 18 as well  but     :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mike DC

Try to imagine yourself hitting on a girl the same age as Justin Bieber.

Got that creepy scene in your mind? 

Okay, now imagine hitting on a girl another 3 years younger than that.

Baldwinvette77

I hit on teenaged girls all the time...  :D

And just remember you're as young as you feel, Thats why god gave us hands   :icon_smile_big:

polywideblock

couldn't imagine myself hitting on someone under 30    :yesnod:   but different strokes for different folks, what about "arranged marriages" not seen as creepy by the cultures that do it its just normal   . there are teenaged girls getting married everyday in other countries .   :shruggy:   guess  i'v just got a broader mind than some     :scratchchin:

if it had been "creepy" wouldn't have her parents reported something ?

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 04, 2013, 06:48:32 AM
I hit on teenaged girls all the time...  :D

And just remember you're as young as you feel, Thats why god gave us hands   :icon_smile_big:

would you be a teenager yourself by any chance ? ;D

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mopar Nut

Quote from: polywideblock on December 04, 2013, 12:14:48 PM
couldn't imagine myself hitting on someone under 30    :yesnod:   but different strokes for different folks, what about "arranged marriages" not seen as creepy by the cultures that do it its just normal   . there are teenaged girls getting married everyday in other countries .   :shruggy:   guess  i'v just got a broader mind than some     :scratchchin:

if it had been "creepy" wouldn't have her parents reported something ?

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on December 04, 2013, 06:48:32 AM
I hit on teenaged girls all the time...  :D

And just remember you're as young as you feel, Thats why god gave us hands   :icon_smile_big:

would you be a teenager yourself by any chance ? ;D
This happens here all the time in Utah, teenagers think they need to get pregnant early and live off the state (us).
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

I don't know about Utah, but teenage pregnancy rates in the USA overall are lower than ever.  

Older/younger matchups are fine within reason.  But when a 33yo guy shows up at your door to take out your 16yo daughter?  Are you really gonna be okay with that? 

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Indygenerallee

:lol: I was 25 when I met my 2nd wife she was 16 then, now almost 10 years later we are still happily married!!! (8 year anniversary coming this Feburary!!) :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

ws23rt

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 04, 2013, 09:54:01 PM
:lol: I was 25 when I met my 2nd wife she was 16 then, now almost 10 years later we are still happily married!!! (8 year anniversary coming this Feburary!!) :2thumbs:

Wow--At 25 and getting a second wife?  And one that is still growing up?

Hope the best for any relationship  :shruggy:   I know many guys that are on the fourth or fifth.  If nothing else it will cost you every thing you earn for the future that you know little about.

Indygenerallee

ws23rt, my wife and I are like two peas in a pod... my first marriage lasted less than 2 years..... I tell everyone I wish I had met Steph before my first wife (but it would kinda have been way Illegal then!!)  We have two beautiful daughters!!  :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

LOL and the know little about business of life about... have you been divorced, bankrupt and had one business fail before the age of 33???  :lol: I laugh at folks like you.... you have NO realization of "REAL LIFE"  :lol:

ws23rt

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 04, 2013, 10:15:31 PM
ws23rt, my wife and I are like two peas in a pod... my first marriage lasted less than 2 years..... I tell everyone I wish I had met Steph before my first wife (but it would kinda have been way Illegal then!!)  We have two beautiful daughters!!  :2thumbs:

I am glad you responded so fast. It gives me a chance to let you know with out having to edit my post that I am not judging you or your relationship.

I am not that sort.  I was just inspired to share some of my experience and some of the odds.

In the line of work I am in (Industrial construction) I meet many people over many years. Sometimes like today I met a few that I had not seen for 30 years. It is very common in my world that relationships don't last long.  And I have seen the break up of what seems to be most relationships.

When we find the one that we think fits best it always feels right at the time and maybe for years to come.  Time tells.

BTW I have met a keeper for me several times and they would have nothing to do with me. And the opposite happened as well.

I truly wish the best for you, your wife and kids :2thumbs:

ws23rt

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 04, 2013, 10:18:42 PM
LOL and the know little about business of life about... have you been divorced, bankrupt and had one business fail before the age of 33???  :lol: I laugh at folks like you.... you have NO realization of "REAL LIFE"  :lol:

I have some realization of "real life"----I have lived a lot of it :lol:

A struggle I have to deal with is how to best to convey to my two grand kids (8 and 13) what I have learned that could give them a step up.

Perhaps something that could save them 10-20 years of learning for themselves and give them a secure future :icon_smile_wink:

Fred

My first  marriage also only lasted around 2 years. Thankfully my present wife whom I shall love forever rescued me from the clutches of misery.
This Jan. 2014, we're coming up to 40 years together.  
It does work   :cheers:

Indygenerallee

Yes, ws23rt, I tell everyone I wish I had met my "Steph" before my former wife.... we truly "get" each other..I just wish others were so lucky...IMO age is just a number.... my wife acts year ahead of so called "friends" and I just turned 34 but wish I had been my father's age (18 in 1970!)

ws23rt

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 04, 2013, 10:41:01 PM
Yes, ws23rt, I tell everyone I wish I had met my "Steph" before my former wife.... we truly "get" each other..I just wish others were so lucky...IMO age is just a number.... my wife acts year ahead of so called "friends" and I just turned 34 but wish I had been my father's age (18 in 1970!)

:2thumbs:   My son is older than you :lol:   We had hard times but he learned the work ethic (I like to think from me) and is very successful managing people in a competitive franchise company. And my daughter does as well as a store manager in a big retail chain.

They both have learned confidence in themselves. What that does is invite followers.(employes)  Employes that want to follow are the best.
OOps I am digressing and bragging about my kids. :shruggy:

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2013, 10:39:27 PM
My first  marriage also only lasted around 2 years. Thankfully my present wife whom I shall love forever rescued me from the clutches of misery.

Does your wife have a sister?

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on December 04, 2013, 10:58:10 PM

She has two but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.    :lol:     Believe me when I say....I got the pick of the bunch in that family.   :icon_smile_big:

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2013, 11:00:37 PM

She has two but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.    :lol:     Believe me when I say....I got the pick of the bunch in that family.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks anyway Fred :lol:  I have a long time--long distance GF anyway.  I am happy :cheers:
Hope your family get togethers aren't too rough. :lol:

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on December 04, 2013, 11:07:31 PM

She has two but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.    :lol:     Believe me when I say....I got the pick of the bunch in that family.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks anyway Fred :lol:  I have a long time--long distance GF anyway.  I am happy :cheers:

The upside........mum in law is lovely.

HAPPY.......that's the magic word.  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on December 04, 2013, 11:59:44 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on December 04, 2013, 11:07:31 PM

She has two but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.    :lol:     Believe me when I say....I got the pick of the bunch in that family.   :icon_smile_big:

Thanks anyway Fred :lol:  I have a long time--long distance GF anyway.  I am happy :cheers:

The upside........mum in law is lovely.

HAPPY.......that's the magic word.  :2thumbs:
Is this Mrs. Fred talking?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."