News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driving in Austrialia

Started by flyinlow, November 17, 2013, 04:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on December 09, 2013, 12:15:38 PM
Awesome, I think I'll add it to my daily lexicon.  :icon_smile_big:

Also..............

hoon

/huːn/

Austral./NZinformal

noun

noun: hoon; plural noun: hoons

a lout or hooligan, especially a young man who drives recklessly.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on December 09, 2013, 08:20:19 PM
wish more people would get that message   :yesnod:   the whole idea is that traffic keeps flowing ,you don't come to a stop . very hard for oldsters to get their head around they just pull up like it was a regular intersection  :flame:

it's infuriating isn't it?  They actually stop and give way to what's not even there yet! (I'm not just talking about older citizens either. I'm talking more about the idiot drivers in general)

And what's even worse is when they stop to read all the sign posts.

JB400

Funny thing about the roundabout in question.  That intersection was just fine.  It had just a stop sign for the cross traffic and the highway was open.  Now, it's screwed up for everyone.

Ghoste

Someone influential having to stop and wait for highway traffic possibly?  I know we just got a stoplight put up at a location where a lightly used country road met a lightly used highway so I figure someone had to be crying the blues to council about waiting at the former stop sign.

polywideblock

there supposed to ease traffic flow. instead of stoping and waiting at the side road .now once you have gotten used to it  you can just slot into oncoming traffic and off the other side , just have to look for the gaps don't need to watch both ways for a break in the traffic to get across both lanes (coming and going )

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Yes, I don't mind them personally but it will take some adjustment if they begin to become more widely used here in North America.  We are more accustomed to driving balls out and then nailing the brakes hard enough to leave nose prints in the dash pad and then racing off like mad fools again.  The very notion of slowing and speeding without stopping is just bizarre to us.

polywideblock

I see our countries driving style are very similar   :yesnod:    we do a lot of yelling and hand gestures as well .have been called the most aggressive drivers in the world    :shruggy:  I just don't get it   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

JB400

polywideblock

now most people carry a Ullbe next to the seat  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on December 09, 2013, 10:05:57 PM
now most people carry a Ullbe next to the seat  :icon_smile_big:

Ullbe? What's that?

JB400

Quote from: Fred on December 09, 2013, 11:18:50 PM
now most people carry a Ullbe next to the seat  :icon_smile_big:

Ullbe? What's that?
It doesn't show up in my Australian translator   :popcrn: :popcrn:

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 09, 2013, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: Fred on December 09, 2013, 11:18:50 PM
now most people carry a Ullbe next to the seat  :icon_smile_big:

Ullbe? What's that?
It doesn't show up in my Australian translator   :popcrn: :popcrn:

It doesn't show up in mine either!  :scratchchin:

polywideblock

Ullbe   = newsouthwelshman for    you'll be f*cked if I hit you with it     pronounced you'llbe

Fred

Ah!
Well obviously we Victorians are a more civilised lot.  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

I tend to stay out of areas where those are used :lol:

Fred

So you have no intentions of ever visiting poly?   :icon_smile_big:

polywideblock

don't you have the 20 something covered in tribal tats ,tripping off their heads on steroids/growth hormone or what ever supplement their on this week" type" down your way ? we've got gyms everywhere  up here   :shruggy:

JB400

Quote from: Fred on December 09, 2013, 11:53:55 PM
So you have no intentions of ever visiting poly?   :icon_smile_big:
I'd still visit :slap:

Quote from: polywideblock on December 09, 2013, 11:56:05 PM
don't you have the 20 something covered in tribal tats ,tripping off their heads on steroids/growth hormone or what ever supplement their on this week" type" down your way ? we've got gyms everywhere  up here   :shruggy:
All over the place here as well.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on December 09, 2013, 11:56:05 PM
don't you have the 20 something covered in tribal tats ,tripping off their heads on steroids/growth hormone or what ever supplement their on this week" type" down your way ? we've got gyms everywhere  up here   :shruggy:

I'm retired, I come out when they've all slithered back under their rocks or whatever. Don't encounter them on week days. I don't have to be out when they are.