News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Zealand Mopar Forum casual weekend

Started by Bob T, November 30, 2013, 01:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Gidday Folks, a local forum here that I'm involved with had their annual meetup the other month in a coastal town about 2 1/2 hours drive away. Quite a few of them drive a lot further than that and its good to catch up with the online mates and meet a few more.

I took a few pics, just cellphone though so the quality is not the best.

Colin "The Cop'' has a 78 Plymouth Fury Minnesota State Troopers car, he drives it everywhere and is a logging contractor, he has built the Worlds Best BBQ trailer, so we'll start with that.

4 burners each side, the ''gas tanks'' are ice chests and the back opens up to fit the chairs, tables and ride on chilly bins inside. So when your finished doing your wheelie, then you can stop and have a nice cold beer. Mint!
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Colins Cop car with my 9year old daughter inside, hoping its the only time she'll get to sit in one of those

A few cars around the campground before the big cruise
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

More cars..
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

More cars. Con built this really cool Gasser style out of a 68 Aussie VE Valiant 4 door at home in the garage.
318 twin tunnel ram and 4 speed with electric dumpers. I took it for a run , crap handling, shonky brakes and a hell of a lot of fun, I could'nt stop laughing by the time I hit 3rd gear.

This blue Valiant Pacer was 265 and efi with a crank trigger, could do some mean skids too
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

few more, Cons Gasser, Andy's Coronet, Pete's Sport Fury and Graeme's 78 stroker tunnel ram Fury
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Few more, bit of a line up, we had 35 or so cars on the Saturday cruise before we headed back to the campground for drinks, bbq and Mopar quiz , great weekend  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

remta1

awesome pics Kelvin , is that Carls black ram ....looks a bit dirty for his though  :lol:

Bob T

Quote from: remta1 on November 30, 2013, 01:52:51 AM
awesome pics Kelvin , is that Carls black ram ....looks a bit dirty for his though  :lol:

Sure is, man , that can pull a tough skid!!

Grabbed a couple of pics off Richards site, he takes better pics than me  :lol:

Credit
http://www.rpmphotography.co.nz/index.php/NZMF-Casual-2013?page=1
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

remta1

white

Would love to stop by next time I go to south east Asia. Did find a major car show Whangmata Beach Hop
you have that is already sold out!

Ghoste

Beautiful cars mate but I think m,y favourite pics are the wheelie cooler scooter and the semi tractor bbq. :lol:

Bob T

Quote from: Ghoste on November 30, 2013, 11:02:41 AM
Beautiful cars mate but I think m,y favourite pics are the wheelie cooler scooter and the semi tractor bbq. :lol:

Chilly bin racing  :2thumbs: bit of a hoot, even the campground manageress had a go, bit noisy though. Always a good weekend away with this crowd, lots of laughs. Yeah, The Cops BBQ trailer is a world beater I reckon, just needs tunes and lights on top. Owes him a bit, but it is really well engineered and executed. People do a double take seeing it being towed down the road  :lol:

Quote from: white on November 30, 2013, 10:25:29 AM
Would love to stop by next time I go to south east Asia. Did find a major car show Whangmata Beach Hop
you have that is already sold out!

Hiya, Beach Hop is awesome, we've been to probably 6 or so over the years, they are just full on with 30,000 car nuts and people descending on a coastal town of usually 3500 for a week of cars, rock n roll/greaser fest bands and open header cruising.
Couldn't go this year, I'd just started a new boat work contract and gave my tickets to a mate but will be going next year most definitely. I think the ultimate passes are sold out but the standard ones are still available.
Always on in late March, there's even a few Aussie and American cars and people that come over for it, definitely worth a look.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

good lot of pictures BT thanks for posting  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Bob,

thanks for posting the pics !

Where is the white 72 Fury police car from Monty?

Carsten

67440chrg

Bob T

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 01, 2013, 09:38:14 AM
Hi Bob,

thanks for posting the pics !

Where is the white 72 Fury police car from Monty?

Carsten

He's not really in that scene bud so he didn't go, plus they have a new little girl so that is the big priority thing now, did see them briefly tonight at a car show , all good

Cheers 67440, was a fun weekend and good people to enjoy it with  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

fc7_plumcrazy

I knew she was pregnant but not that it already arrived.
I know that Marc is usually not into shows with "shiny" stuff :-))

Carsten

Bob T

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 02, 2013, 05:51:50 AM
I knew she was pregnant but not that it already arrived.
I know that Marc is usually not into shows with "shiny" stuff :-))

Carsten

Haha, know what you mean about the 'shiny' stuff. It was'nt really a ''show'' yesterday, more of an allcomers parkup. Its The Toy Run, put on by a hotrod club as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army charity for underpriviledged kids, take along a soft toy of kids Christmas present for donation.

Some pics here from a local photographer

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.799474376745973.1073741905.213098435383573&type=1
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

XS29LA47V21

LOL. 

:popcrn:  ETA, 2-5yrs relationship management skills with wife landing on car show wkend for family vacation.  Gotta see some other side of the work mapars (and maybe try to being one home, I like that white one which I think is the same one you keep showing, nice.) :rofl: :2thumbs:

Bob T

Haha, line it up mate, the car show weekend is only one small part of the vacation  :lol:
Then head down to the South Island for a good look around. Our seasons are opposite to yours as you know but it stays well warm in the mid 20'C right through til around late March usually.
There's a few more local type pics and ideas in the "Approaching Queenstown" thread if you want to take a look for your planning  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

4cruzin

Looks like alot of fun and a pretty nice day!  Enjoy!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .