News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Considering officially listing the Charger for sale

Started by y3chargerrt, November 29, 2013, 10:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

The thought of selling the Charger has been in my mind for the last year or so. I will have had it 15 years this upcomming April. It has been restored to a very stock condition. Has the matching motor broadcast sheet and the data plate. The only things none stock are the woodgrain wheel (was full ring black plastic one), right side mirror, tic tock tac (was just a clock), tips and the unsilenced air cleaner (Ca. car with the noise reduction package). It is a column auto car. I have other interests now and don't really find time for the car hobby anymore. I ended up going to just one car show this year. It runs very well with great oil pressure and tempature. I'm not forced to sell just considering it.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

How often have you taken it out to enjoy it, or does it still bring back the thrill?

Ghoste

If you've been considering selling it for a year and only used it once within that time then you could well be making the right decision.  But its easier to get the car out of your garage than out of your blood.

RECHRGD

I've kinda been thinking along the same lines.  I've had the car 15 years and don't drive it as much anymore.  Working on it has turned into more of a chore than the pleasure it used to be.  Tons of great memories though...
13.53 @ 105.32

fc7_plumcrazy

do you have already a different car in mind to buy?
If so that might force it.

If there is no need to sell it: Put a high price on it and keep the flippers out

Carsten

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on November 29, 2013, 01:45:05 PM
do you have already a different car in mind to buy?
If so that might force it.

If there is no need to sell it: Put a high price on it and keep the flippers out

Carsten

He'll yeah.....

Take a long week trip with it then u will change your mind.  Don't trailer it just drive somewhere for a whole week u, the road, and care.  Then see what u say.....

Indygenerallee

Man, you need to take a road trip in it and then after the trip/vacation and then decided after that if you wanna sell it!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

chargerboy69

Nice looking car. . sometimes it is just time to cut them loose.

Actually, I just listed your cars twin in the classified section here a few days ago.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bakerhillpins

I have several hobbies that I don't have time for these days but I am not selling out yet. I have no financial reason to and know that in many cases it's difficult to get back to where you were if your short term feelings win out. After all, it's not just a monitory investment to find this stuff, in reality it's a LOT of time as well.

I personally say sit it on it a while, even if you don't use it for a year or two. Sometimes you just need a break.  If during that time it has to go then so be it. If you don't find yourself wandering back in the direction of the hobby then you will know it's time. This way, in a year or two, when your sitting in traffic and see a classic drive by you don't kick yourself. You will either care or you will not.   :Twocents:

I greatly enjoy woodworking but it's becoming a part time job as I remodel the house so a lot of the "enjoyment" is gone. However, I know that someday I will be able to get back to enjoying it when it no longer HAS to be done.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

NHCharger

I remember you talking about selling back when you bought your house. If the passion is gone, it's gone. No shame in admitting the fire is no longer there. You can always buy another Charger in the future.
My first true love and passion were power boats, born and raised in them. Sold my speed boat in 92. Had bills to pay, family to support, no work due to the recession. When I go to my sisters camp (on the same lake I grew up on) I'm not even interested in going for a boat ride.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

y3chargerrt

Thanks for the replies and keep them comming. If I do sell the chance of getting something else in the future is pretty slim. I don't get much enjoyment out of working on the Charger anymore. So a restoration is out of the question.  I had a few minor things I wanted to do this past year and never got around to any of them. Luckly it has been 100% dependable since the restoration and knock on wood has never left me stranded. I have been attending less and less car shows over the past few years. I have a shelf full of trophies so the thrill of winning one is kind of gone. I did some how manage to win a 2nd and 3rd place at Carlisle. Those I am a bit proud of.
     I'm pretty sure come springtime I will do the Ebay route. I have a minimum figure of what I want for the Charger in mind. Anyone here is welcome to pm me.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to hear this Ron...at times I do feel your pain as well.  Good luck with the sale of such a beautiful car.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

y3chargerrt

resq302

Wow, really sorry to hear this Ron as your car was always one of the one's I had to watch out for competition wise at Carlisle.  You have put in a lot of attention to detail which really makes the car pop!  If you do sell it, I'm sure the new owner will appreciate all of the work you put into it.  I have also considered selling my charger lately but knowing that my daughters really enjoy going for a ride in it every now and then, I just couldn't bear not to see the smiles on their faces in the back seat!  So, it has not gone to that many shows this year but ended up being a fun ride for them when they have been good.

Best of luck with whatever you decide as I know it is a really tough decision. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Troy

I am the kind of person who is always picking up new hobbies and new interests so you'd think the car hobby wouldn't "stick". However, I have almost always had an old muscle car to play with (bought my first one at 15 years old). When I get tired/bored - or when I just don't have time - I let them sit. I know it will be a headache getting them running again but it's also a headache dealing with buyers and I'd rather deal with a car than a person. I generally only think of selling when I want to buy something better and I know the funds will be harder to get any other way. Not everyone is like this. If you really have no interest then sell it while it's still nice enough to sell. Don't be the guy that sits on it for 20 years and then gets mad when no one wants to "pay what it's worth" because it has deteriorated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tan top

sorry to hear your selling  , such a awesome charger  , you got to do what you got to do  :yesnod:  , good luck future   :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

The important thing is to be happy with yourself.  We're just stewards for the future with these things anyway.  If you are sure you're ready to let the car go on to its next steward, thats cool. :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

sounds like the way im feeling about my bike. thinking it may be time. so i know how your feeling.  :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

y3chargerrt

Thanks for all the input. It would be hard to sell no doubt. I have mostly enjoyed the almost 15 years I have had the Charger for. I would love to pass it on to someone would will care for it and get it out to many car shows. I may only really miss the car if it is Carlise time and the weather happens to be perfect. Other then that I feel I will be cool with moving on.

Dino

Sometimes we just want to hang on to the things and thoughts that we are familiar with.  And sometimes that's not a good idea.  Many of us have been in your position Ron and I think when you are at the stage you are now, it is because it is time to move on. 

Tim you realized you are there as well and although you both may go in a different direction once the cars are gone, you still know it was the right thing to do.  There is nothing wrong with moving on.  Fortunately you have the higher ground since you can pretty much wait for the right buyer.  If I win the lotto I'll come by to pick up both of those babies.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Sublime/Sixpack

It sounds like it's time for you to move on, hope you don't regret it after it's gone. Good luck selling it.  :thumbs:

Personally I've had my Charger for 39 years and the fire is still in me. It's just in my blood I guess. They'll have to pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel. :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

I will add that I tried to leave the hobby once and it about made me insane after a while.  At first I was cool with it and felt good about my decision but it didn't take long to regret it.