News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

drum to disc conversion - which kit?

Started by hydroforce2, November 25, 2013, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydroforce2

i've read the other threads on converting over and have clicked on the link that has been shared many times. My question is does anyone know which brand or where i can order the most user friendly installation kit.
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 4 speed
1968 Dodge Charger - 383 auto
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 6" lift
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee - #3517 Black 4x4

el dub

I used master power brakes. Fairly simple install although I added a proportioning valve from summit. Depends on your pockets. I'm sure there are others that have used different though, just from searching this forum.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

sanders7981

I just installed a kit from Right Stuff brakes, simple and easy to install.  SS Brake lines were too.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

sanders7981

Kit requires 15" rims or larger.  I tried using 14" but there is not enough clearance with the rear discs.  I had about 1/4" ini the rear and 3/4-1" in the front.  I think there is a member on here running 14s with it, but he also said he would be stepping u to 15" rims.