News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mako Corvette photoshop

Started by JB400, November 24, 2013, 02:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Pretty cool photoshop of a new Corvette that someone did in the Mako colors.  While I'm not too fond of the new Vette, this one don't look too bad.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

It's all yours. :cheers:

Maybe Chevrolet will build something of this nature in the near future.  It's been a while since they brought out the Mako nameplate.

Fred

Sadly that won't help us any as they're not exporting to Australia. I'd settle for what's available now if only.

I have always loved the colour of mine
E.

Ghoste

That is attractive, Chev would do right to revisit the Mako.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Fred on November 24, 2013, 02:55:50 AM
Sadly that won't help us any as they're not exporting to Australia. I'd settle for what's available now if only.

E.

Nice Vette.  I had a 86 which looked about that same color.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fred

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 24, 2013, 10:44:12 AM
Quote from: Fred on November 24, 2013, 02:55:50 AM

E.

Nice Vette.  I had a 86 which looked about that same color.

Thankyou.  This one's an '88. The colour's quite deceiving in that it's actually a lot darker depending on the light. It's a metallic paint so it really gleams.

Ghoste

No issues with getting parts for newer ones Fred?

Fred

None what so ever Ghoste. Chevy parts a readily available here.

Ghoste

Then you would think they would offer things like a Corvette as well.  Is that a GM policy or Australian government that does that?

Fred

It's a GM thing, they don't want to go to the expense of building them in RHD. We can get them but they need to be imported, preferably through an agent and then it has to be converted which costs the earth and in the end the price for one is astronomical. AU$200,000 plus.

An immaculate  '88 can set you back anywhere between $30,000 to $40,000. The mrs. sold hers for $42,000.

Used 2008 models a selling for $100,000 plus.

Ghoste

Fred

JB400

I don't think I'll have one converted anytime soon.  That is quite ridiculous

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 24, 2013, 11:14:31 PM
I don't think I'll have one converted anytime soon.  That is quite ridiculous

You don't know how lucky you've got it over there. :cheers:

chargerboy69

Quote from: Fred on November 24, 2013, 09:01:17 PM
It's a GM thing, they don't want to go to the expense of building them in RHD. We can get them but they need to be imported, preferably through an agent and then it has to be converted which costs the earth and in the end the price for one is astronomical. AU$200,000 plus.

An immaculate  '88 can set you back anywhere between $30,000 to $40,000
. The mrs. sold hers for $42,000.

Wow. . .I can buy a clean 88 through the block for $6000.00. . . . maybe less.

I ship a lot of travel trailers to Australia. So far it has been fairly easy, much better than cars from the way it sounds.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fred

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 24, 2013, 11:47:41 PM
Quote from: Fred on November 24, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

An immaculate  '88 can set you back anywhere between $30,000 to $40,000
. The mrs. sold hers for $42,000.

Wow. . .I can buy a clean 88 through the block for $6000.00. . . . maybe less.

I ship a lot of travel trailers to Australia. So far it has been fairly easy, much better than cars from the way it sounds.

Yeah, it hurts forking out so much over here for them when I know how inexpensive (in comparison) they are to purchase in the USA.  I don't object to paying, it's just knowing that I'm getting ripped off that galls. If they were shipped by GM, all that paying through the nose could be avoided.

Conversions (LHD to RHD) on the latest models run at AU$35.000 to $40,000. alone. Plus all the levies, duties, taxes. etc. Add to that...... profit.  It adds up.

Ghoste

Which would be one of the obvious reasons why American cars fans there are so rabid.  You have to be completely in to play.

Ponch ®

Speaking of C7's....not too crazy about the color choice, but check out this widebody (built by an acquaintance of mine).  :drool5:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Fred

Ghoste

I think another color would change it up a lot Fred.  He's put some work into it.

ACUDANUT

You can't go wrong with any shade of blue.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

I just think that one of Ponchs buddy would really stand out in a black or something dark anyway to add to the sinister angularity of the lines.

Fred

It's not the colour that bothers me. It's the shape itself. I don't like the front end at all. And it looks like a teeny little thing, something you could stomp into the ground. I don't know, maybe I'm having an off day.

JB400

Personally, I don't think the new Vette has a body that lends itself to being converted into a wide body.  Paint shouldn't be used to "hide" body lines, but instead, compliment them.