News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Parts for cars you don`t have

Started by Ghoste, November 23, 2013, 03:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Looking around the garage this afternoon (I`m exiled while my daughters enjoy the rapture of 1D Day)(and if you have to ask don`t worry about it) and I noticed that I`ve occasionally bought parts for cars I don`t have.  I`m not the only one who goes to swap meets and does this right

polywideblock

have new lenses for 70 coronet rallye gauges and repo top plate parts for the 70 console  still haven't got to own one yet   :shruggy:
      on the want to list, just picked them up along the way

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

So planned projects not just because it was a crazy deal or anything

Baldwinvette77

bought a 68 mustang gauge cluster... just because it looked cool  :shruggy:

dyslexic teddybear

Parts for future projects?  :scratchchin:

Seems normal to me...... :yesnod:

Fred

Personally, I think that when you buy parts for no reason at all, you're slowly losing your marbles.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 08:33:43 PM
I think that when you buy parts for no reason at all, you're slowly losing your marbles.  :icon_smile_big:

Well......that started many years ago........

Ghoste

Yeah mine were lost to begin with just for getting into this hobby.

rt green

i got a 68-69 396 engine sitting in the garage. I always  wanted one. I don't know why. sad, isn't it.
third string oil changer

dyslexic teddybear

Picked up a 73 Road Runner hood and trunk lid......back in 82 or so.

Downside......still no RR. :rotz:

Upside..........great wall art for my bedroom :icon_smile_big:

And to answer the unasked question.....my lady does think I am a bit strange in some ways. She also has this odd idea, I should finish at least one of my projects before I get any more.

ws23rt

When I was 13 i bought a 331ci hemi and moved those parts around for ten years before I sold it to someone that had a use for it. :lol:

ws23rt

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on November 23, 2013, 09:25:07 PM

And to answer the unasked question.....my lady does think I am a bit strange in some ways. She also has this odd idea, I should finish at least one of my projects before I get any more.

This is a common discussion. (finish one project before starting another). It is not possible with the brains we live with.

1.--A project can never be finished. (their is always something that needs to be done)
2.--Their would be a potentially catastrophic brake down in the male brain if their was not a fall back project to not finish.

It's just the way of nature :slap:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: ws23rt on November 23, 2013, 09:36:55 PM

This is a common discussion. (finish one project before starting another). It is not possible with the brains we live with.

1.--A project can never be finished. (their is always something that needs to be done)
2.--Their would be a potentially catastrophic brake down in the male brain if their was not a fall back project to not finish.

I KNOW!!! , i was in the middle of my vette project, just finished the suspension, assembling the body and last of the rust repair, then BAM something clicked, and i decided to get a charger  :shruggy:

Fred

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 23, 2013, 09:40:16 PM

I KNOW!!! , i was in the middle of my vette project, just finished the suspension, assembling the body and last of the rust repair, then BAM something clicked, and i decided to get a charger  :shruggy:

Something clicked? or became unhinged?   :rofl:  :icon_smile_big:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 09:44:02 PM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 23, 2013, 09:40:16 PM

Something clicked? or became unhinged?   :rofl:  :icon_smile_big:

idunno, it was a loud clunking sound followed by an emotional breakdown, then, i stalked a real-estate agent...... yeah... ok maybe "unhinged" is the more appropriate word  :rotz:

Ghoste

I don't know, Vette for a Charger seems a logical move to me. :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

I hadda 1972 454, a 1976 460 Ford, and a weird little small block 273.
I didn't buy any because of future projects.ii bought because at the time they was cheap and had the foresight they might be worth somethin one day. I was right about the BBC.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on November 23, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

That may be but stalking a real estate agent doesn't!  :rofl:

dyslexic teddybear

Totally agree. :yesnod:

Though when you say "fall back project" kinda suggests singular. [sigh] That's just not the case.

But I do tend to look at the bright side.....I feel right at home here :icon_smile_big:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

That may be but stalking a real estate agent doesn't!  :rofl:

it was her fault, there was a tripple black 70 R/T sitting in a lot that was fenced up, FOR SALE, i called her and asked if i could speak with the owner, she said no, so i put up a sign ontop oh her FOR SALE sign, to the owner, regarding my interesting in buying the charger, i had my phone number on it, she called me and told me she took it down... because shes a Bitch, so i went back the next day and put up another sign, the owner called this time, and told me the charger was already spoken for, BUT he left the sign up for some reason, and the agent called again, and said i was harassing her, I called her a whore, farted in the phone, then hang up, TRUE STORY.

Homerr

I have the bumper jack from my parent's old '66 Belvedere II.

Fred

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on November 23, 2013, 10:20:22 PM
Quote from: Fred on November 23, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

That may be but stalking a real estate agent doesn't!  :rofl:

it was her fault, there was a tripple black 70 R/T sitting in a lot that was fenced up, FOR SALE, i called her and asked if i could speak with the owner, she said no, so i put up a sign ontop oh her FOR SALE sign, to the owner, regarding my interesting in buying the charger, i had my phone number on it, she called me and told me she took it down... because shes a Bitch, so i went back the next day and put up another sign, the owner called this time, and told me the charger was already spoken for, BUT he left the sign up for some reason, and the agent called again, and said i was harassing her, I called her a whore, farted in the phone, then hang up, TRUE STORY.

You can fart on cue can you?   I'm impressed.   :icon_smile_big:

remta1

F8-4life

This is a good topic, I do collect parts just to have them..
I have a fascination with the history and I guess I figure I'll never own the car so why not have some parts to it?
I have thought before I may have a problem but I guess you can have worse problems lol.
This sickness has landed me some sweet parts though.

JB400

I can see the reason for buying multiple projects.  You can never say you don't have anything to do

Ghoste

Fred

I might be the odd one out here but no, I'm not (guilty).
At any rate, I wouldn't admit it if I was.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on November 23, 2013, 11:51:39 PM
Are you guilty?
Only of not having either enough ambition, enough know how, or enough money.

Alaskan_TA

QuoteI might be the odd duck out here but no, I'm not (guilty).
At any rate, I wouldn't admit it if I was a cat hiding from you.

Fred

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 24, 2013, 12:32:47 AM
QuoteI might be the odd duck out here but no, I'm not (guilty).
At any rate, I wouldn't admit it if I was a cat hiding from you.

:lol:

Alaskan_TA

green69rt

I think I have three sets of K member-to-frame bolts just because I forget what I have or want......

RTDaddy

Bought a 71 Charger air grabber hood in '87, (just hadda have it).  Finally got a 71 to pu it on in '97, (Super bee then R/T clone), now it's going on a 71 R/T.  Toted that thing around through 3 shops before I got a car to go under it.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

67440chrg

I have a 383 and 727 that needs to rebuilt. A set of big block truck engine stands and a few other parts I have hauled around for 20 years and 3 houses saying I am going to get another 69 through 71 Sweptline. I love them old ugly trucks and had several when I was young and they were cheep and tough transportation.

Ghoste

Speaking of hauling parts around, a buddy of mine has been lugging a Dana 60 around in the back of his pickup for coming up on two years now.

Magnumcharger

I got these heads. And nothing to bolt them onto. But now the quest is on to get the rest!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste