News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone recognize the brand on this Rotisserie?

Started by Tilar, November 22, 2013, 02:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Or is it maybe home built? This is listed at an auction that I plan to go to this Tuesday. Any idea what it might be worth?

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

72Charger-SE

Personally it looks home built to me.  I just finished building one and it cost around $500 in materials (my labor was free & I gave my Brother in Law $100 for welding it).  I like the larger wheels on this one for 'rolling on gravel and uneven surfaces.  I need to alter mine a bit for that purpose at some point in the future.  I would say it is worth between $750 and $900.  It looks heavy duty.  Some of the ones online are cheaply built with 2" square tubing.  This looks at least 2 1/2" so it will be much stronger.  Do you know the thickness of the walls on the tubing?

Troy

Looks home built - but I am no expert. That thing looks like it could hold up a tank! ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

72Charger-SE

I am not seeing how the wheels 'turn' (side to side)?  You will want to make sure one end, preferably both can pivot and roll to reposition the rotisserie.  Maybe I am missing it but I am not seeing how this might work. 

Daytona R/T SE

Looks like a pile of junk to me. :eek2:

Remember, with a rotisserie, you're betting your life on the quality of someone else's craftsmanship. :Twocents:

odcics2

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on November 22, 2013, 03:51:15 PM
I am not seeing how the wheels 'turn' (side to side)?  You will want to make sure one end, preferably both can pivot and roll to reposition the rotisserie.  Maybe I am missing it but I am not seeing how this might work.  

Part of the reason its for sale!   :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Tilar

No I don't know the wall thickness of it. About all I do know about it is what you see in the picture. The auction is roughly 45 miles away and all I know is the guy is selling everything including his cars trucks trailers and tools. Nothing really collectible that I see. I think he has a couple of early 80's Chevy pickups.

I could probably modify the wheels so they could turn at least on one end but from the looks of that thing I really don't want to have to push it around too much.  I guess I could put a trailer tongue and steering on it and move it around the shop with my quad or mower.  :lol:

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 22, 2013, 05:53:14 PM

Remember, with a rotisserie, you're betting your life on the quality of someone else's craftsmanship. :Twocents:

That is true even with a mass produced one.
Dave  

72Charger-SE

Did you get anything at the auction?   Specifically curious if you picked up the rotisserie....    :)

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Tilar

No I didn't even go. I got to looking at the sale bill and they had a 13% buyers premium or 10% if I paid cash.... I called asking what that was for and she told me they do that at all their auctions.  I'm not paying any damn buyers premium. If I'm willing to pay more for an item than anyone else is willing to pay for it, I shouldn't be charged more money.   :flame:  greedy bastards.
Dave  

nvrbdn

that sucks. would be a nice toy to have. dont care for the buyers premium auctions either.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House