News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally Bought a New Ram

Started by DC_1, November 19, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I finally pulled the trigger on a new 2014 Ram 1500 Limited. I was holding out to buy the new V6 diesel but they have delayed releasing it here in Canada and I didn't want to wait any longer to order it.

Got it loaded with just about every option available. Hemi, Ram boxes, Air suspension, Sunroof, Nav, etc, etc......

I really like the air suspension. It lowers the vehicle when you park to make it easier to get in and out of. It has 2 off road heights , it automatically levels out when towing. and it also lowers itself when you are on the highway to give you a better aerodynamic profile.

I love the interior.....it is amazingly luxurious.

Indygenerallee

Looks like a nice truck but that air ride constantly changing seems like it's gonna be trouble in the long run..... Too many doodads.... nice truck though best color to boot!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

myk

charge69

Very nice Ram truck !!  Congratulations !! :cheers:

Scaregrabber

Great looking truck. Big rigs have leveling valves with their air ride suspensions, I would expect no trouble from that system.

Sheldon

DC_1

Finn

Congrats! They look like great trucks!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

hatersaurusrex

Nice, I just got an '11 Sport Crew Cab a few weeks ago.   After driving the 5.7 I think the Diesel would have been disappointing if you'd waited :)

Congrats!

Question, do you find the gear shifter weird or do you get used to it?
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

I drove one, and thought it was odd.  It'll take some getting used to.

It would be cool though if Chrysler brought back the typewriter drive.

War wagon

:cheers: congrats on the new ride :2thumbs:
The ltd is one sweet truck ;)
I bought a QQ 13 sport last march , have 24,000kms on it so far. Traded a 09 CC for it that it put 160,000kms on..
The 8spd with the hemi is an amazing combo IMHO . I have 3:21's and it runs 15.2@91 mph in the quarter and still averages 900kms per tank!!!
LOVE MY TRUCK and I'm sure you'll feel the same once you've done some road trips

bill440rt

Congrats, & NICE TRUCK!  :cheers:

Love my '11 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4, best Ram I've had yet.
If you ever do any towing, let us know how that air ride works.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

These new Rams look real good with the Challenger hood on them :yesnod:

War wagon

The Ltd wasn't available when I got mine. Definately would have been my pick if it was.
From what I understand there are a few things that aren't available on other rams...
Heated Rear seats being one of them. Curious if you could post a interior pic or two? Please 😄
Hope she gives you many years of trouble free service ;)
You have the best of both worlds IMHO, best looking truck on the road on the outside and comparable to any Lexus inside!

War wagon

One more thing I just noticed in your pic???
The RAM 1500 badging isn't on your doors? Did you remove it or does the ltd come that way????
I had to remove mine with dental floss LOL
Much cleaner look IMHO

DC_1

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2013, 12:48:09 PM
These new Rams look real good with the Challenger hood on them :yesnod:

I like the look of the sport hood that is simular to the Challenger also. Unfortunately it is only available on the Sport mode. I was originally looking at that because it has the hood, blacked out grille and blacked out headlight shells. But I wanted the air suspension, ram boxes, heated seats, remote start and a few other option that were standard on the Limited model. Also, my dealer said there was a temporary hold on ordering any Sport models with the scooped hood because of a supplier problem. I would have had to wait if I wanted one.

I didn't like the longhorn because the interior was too "cowboy" for my liking. It had huge stitching on the seats and door panels  and a lot of tan and brown I didn't care for.

When I saw the limited and how classy the interior was, and the fact that it had so many of the things I wanted as standard options, I went with that model.

DC_1

Quote from: War wagon on November 20, 2013, 01:46:47 PM
One more thing I just noticed in your pic???
The RAM 1500 badging isn't on your doors? Did you remove it or does the ltd come that way????
I had to remove mine with dental floss LOL
Much cleaner look IMHO

Funny thing is the Limited is supposed to be standard with the Ram 1500 emblems deleted but mine showed up with them on the truck. I didn't like them so I removed them. A heat gun on the metal door to soften up the adhesive and a little prying with a plastic door panel tool made quick and clean work of it.

DC_1

Quote from: War wagon on November 20, 2013, 01:29:59 PM
Curious if you could post a interior pic or two? Please 😄

I'll take some tomorrow and post them

Quote from: War wagon on November 20, 2013, 01:29:59 PM
You have the best of both worlds IMHO, best looking truck on the road on the outside and comparable to any Lexus inside!

You are absolutely right!

The head of Interior Design at Chrysler is a German that came over from DamlierBenz in the dark days. He was a designer from Mercedes before his move to Auburn Hills  and after Daimler dumped Chrysler he ramained and eventually weathered the storm and became head of interior design. A lot of what you see is from him and his influence. All their current interiors are world class and the pickup looks as good as anything in a Mercedes SUV - IMO

Fred

That is one beautiful truck. I'd also love to see some interior pics.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

DC_1

Quote from: Fred on November 21, 2013, 06:51:54 PM
That is one beautiful truck. I'd also love to see some interior pics.  :2thumbs:

I forgot to take some interior pics today before it got dark but here is a YouTube video of a truck that is the same as mine except I have the body side moldings and ram boxes.

This guys commentary is actually quite funny to listen too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifjv-ebEE8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fred

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on November 21, 2013, 07:33:52 PM

I forgot to take some interior pics today before it got dark but here is a YouTube video of a truck that is the same as mine except I have the body side moldings and ram boxes.

Just checked it out and you really couldn't ask for anything more.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

War wagon

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on November 21, 2013, 07:33:52 PM

Thanks for posting that video. Typical salesman IMHO, doesn't even know some of the features on the truck he is trying to sell LOL
BEAUTIFUL TRUCK SIR.... :yesnod:
Very similar to the sport inside except the leather used in your truck compared to mine is night and day difference. The scroll work and quality of the leather in the ltd are miles above the leather in the sport.
I only noticed 2 features I don't have thou and that's the adjustable pedals and heated rear seats... I have heated and cooled front but dodge decided sport owners CANT have heated rear seats?  :shruggy: :brickwall:
Dodge has seriously stepped up its game in the interiors , no more Mac tac wood grain dashes :smilielol: :smilielol:
Very cool ride, hope it gives you many yrs of trouble free service.
Thx for sharing

twodko

Thanks for the YouTube link.......I thought Lawrence Welk was dead? Maybe his son I guess. :smilielol:

Wow, unbelievable truck. I haven't checked pricing on it in my area but it's got to be a $75,000.00 vehicle.

Holy crap Batman!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

DC_1

Quote from: twodko on November 22, 2013, 01:00:15 PM
Thanks for the YouTube link.......I thought Lawrence Welk was dead? Maybe his son I guess. :smilielol:

Wow, unbelievable truck. I haven't checked pricing on it in my area but it's got to be a $75,000.00 vehicle.

Holy crap Batman!

Window sticker was close but not quite that much. They had a $10,500 rebate and I get employee price because several immediate family work there so that knocked off another $8k

Tilar

Nice truck but dammit, 65,000 for a pickup? That's what I paid for one of the houses I bought a couple years ago.  :icon_smile_blackeye:   I do like that Rambox though, it has a lot of potential for a really fun tailgate party.  :yesnod:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.