News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

debate on FB...

Started by Cooter, November 19, 2013, 01:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Wondering if you guys would feel the same way.
We (CCC Christine Car Club) I feel in hindsight made a faithful error in the beginning on this one around 2002.
There was a few on every car board that will say they know where a 'real' movie/TV show car is. Its natural to want to be king sh*t on turd mtn., but when one of the four guys who were in Bill and Teds wrecking yard back in 84 claimed to have a real car, we assumed it was legit. I mean, who are we to counter argue right?

Fast forward to 2006. A well known gent that had a terminally ill son who finally did pass, owned what was advertized as 'believed to be built with movie car parts' Christine...
He sells car for HUGE money to a member. We never assumed it was real until it began to be told s s such. I believe in order to satisfy the sick child, but after it was out there for a year or better, its kinda 'seen as truth' now...

No ducumentation other than the word of this guy in yard, was ever shown as proof.
How would you guys treat some douche claiming a real DMCL Charger and NEVER  saw any proof?
This guy attacks any other 'lowely clone owner' if they even mention the word 'real' in their cars description even if it has been 'screen used ' in other movies...he is charging folks to see it...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

hey  COOTER,if there are no facts,documentation,PROOF!!!  then its not real,word of mouth means nothing  :Twocents:i have learned in life even if i am right,i dont always have to prove it,an argument with this guy is futile ,all its going to do is raise YOUR blood pressure & he aint worth it, state your case about it & then let it go,,because you know your right  & his car is a fraud.  :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

myk

I wouldn't "treat" him at all; I would just ignore him like any other fool who is unfortunate enough to have a bad attitude on top of it all...

Ghoste

RallyeMike

Quote'believed to be built with movie car parts' 

He's crowing because maybe some real movie car parts were thrown on another 58 Fury?

Even it were proven, why would anyone even care?  :shruggy:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Cooter

I know on any other board, you put your junk out there as real you will get called on it .
I haven't posted my 'counter proof' from Richard Kobrits in an email that stated they bought 24 cars and 17 were runable.
The rest were props. He sates that the ONLY two surviving cars were the MTV raffle car and the BJ car...
NEITHER of these cats cars VINs are on his list, and he was the producer of Christine.

Dude goes so far as to speak in the 3rd person like 'she's' talking.  (Excuse me while I hurl).., not to mention the charging for its 'autograph'(tire tread reprint)...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 19, 2013, 04:17:59 PM
Quote'believed to be built with movie car parts' 

He's crowing because maybe some real movie car parts were thrown on another 58 Fury?

Even it were proven, why would anyone even care?  :shruggy:
Well, there is a clone being built as we speak that has the actual 'show me' scene engine in it.
I guess folks would care enough the same way they see a bogus Hemi Daytona here for sale...

TUFCAT

Most people on the internet are descent folks...its the other ten million assholes we have to worry about!  ::)

Lord Warlock

What happened to the 68 charger that was in christine?  the best friends car who drove him to school in it?  or was it trashed in the movie?

As for the original topic, if there is no documentation to prove it, it isn't real.  At least not to me.  And clone cars or tribute cars don't measure up in my mind.  No matter how good they are.  I do understand how many tribute GL's there are here, and not badmouthing them, but sorry to say I was against DH when it was on TV, and ever since its meant less.  Probably because i had bought mine three months before DH came out and got tired of folks wanting to jump things, found out chargers don't jump things very well from personal experience.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Cooter

I have nothing against clones...I DO have a problem with someone perpetrating a lie...
Especially when these cars are VERY limited on fan base. I feel I'm correct on this as this reason is why I don't try and make my clones into 'real' cars by lying...

As for the Camaro and Charger, they both are MIA..

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Cooter on November 19, 2013, 01:28:10 PM
... but when one of the four guys who were in Bill and Teds wrecking yard back in 84 claimed to have a real car, we assumed it was legit...

Please tell me it was called 'Bill and Ted's EXCELLENT Wrecking Yard'
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

TUFCAT

That's funny! It would be like "dude, where's my car!"

C5X DAYTONA

The wrecking yard was actually called Bill and Ed's in Fontana CA.    It was a father and son yard.   They did have quite a few of the Christine cars.     Aaron Kahlenberg took some awesome photos of the place with the cars way back.    What happened to all cars and parts I don't know but it is possible that one could of been rebuilt.  The fire car didn't look too bad from the photo.  There could literally be 10,000 cars out there now with parts on them from the Christine cars.

Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Ghoste

Not really worth paying someone to see one then is it?

Dino

People can claim all they want.  Show me proof or shut up, it's that simple.  This is the same deal as the guy who claims he has the Bullitt camera car.  It may very well be true, but without evidence it's all academic.

In these cases of 'the importance of a car' I find that life is way too short to spend too much time on it. 

Cars need to be driven and enjoyed, not bickered over because it may have been in some movie or show.  The 'pedigree' of these cars is what kills the hobby for me, and more and more I am simply enjoying my own car and getting out of this 'hobby'.  No shows, no cruises, no bs.  Just let me enjoy my time with my car on this dump of a rock we call Earth until it is my time to check out. 

The guy that gets my car after I'm gone can do whatever the hell he wants with it and claim all he wants so let me say it now, it's a mutt, don't get too excited.   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

And in the case of the Bullitt car, all he has to do is say "COULD BE", not "is" and it would all be fine.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 20, 2013, 02:00:58 PM
And in the case of the Bullitt car, all he has to do is say "COULD BE", not "is" and it would all be fine.

Precisely
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mike DC

Yes, but "could be" doesn't bring the same paycheck at the auction.

Ghoste

Ain`t that the truth.  The auction houses are every bit as guilty too the way they`ll hype something like that without researching.

Lord Warlock

BJ auctions require documentation before they'll sell it that way.  At least from what i've seen from those that run them.  But that isn't the case with all i'm sure.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

It isn`t I can assure you.

Brock Lee

Just my opinion, but this should have been nipped in the bud long ago, before it ever sold. Sure, a nice guy with a sick kid had it..but these questions should still have been asked. Just because a douche owns it now doesn't mean it should be addressed differently. It is still the same car with the same story.

Cooter

I fear we made a mistake in trying not to kill the trrminally ill kids dream. Nobody wanted to be the Ahole though...

Ghoste

And there is some irony in that.

bull

Does the guy even have a terminally ill kid? Assuming his kid is terminal does that make it ok for dad to act like a jerk? The first thing internet blowhards seem to do is create a sympathetic, scrutiny-proof wall around themselves while they make outlandish claims or try scamming people. It's happened here on plenty of occasions. I can't ship your parts because I've been deployed to Afghanistan, or I can't refund your money because my wife had a stroke, or I can't return the NOS grill I was going to reproduce because my business partner scammed me out of my life savings, or you guys should pay for my restoration because my buddy died in a car crash, or I can't go to work because I'm depressed about losing my girlfriend, etc.

Even if the claims are true does that excuse the behavior? Not in my opinion. Somehow the rest of the people in the world are able to be honest and honor their commitments while dealing with the crap life often deals out. Why are certain people exempt from doing what's right because they whine about their problems publicly?