News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian members

Started by fy469rtse, November 19, 2013, 05:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

magnums will look great will make a huge improvement, my favourite wheel.  Not saying convos are bad they are also a good looking wheel. If you decide to upgrade to disk brakes on the rear the maximum backspace with the magnums will be 5 inch because they are a dropcentre rim. Anymore than 5 inch you will hit the calliper I found out the hard way. I hope you are fitting the tyres with the white letters on the inside. I bought a new set of magnums about 7 years ago they started showing signs of rust about 2 years ago and are slowly getting worse. I wipe oil on them now. Cragar make 15 inch magnums with alloy centre and the rim is not a drop centre, this means they have longer spokes. Look good in photos not seen in real life. I will make a few more attempts to post pictures before I start nagging you. Thanks for offer.

TPR

Quote from: don duick on January 07, 2014, 04:05:05 AM
magnums will look great will make a huge improvement, my favourite wheel.  Not saying convos are bad they are also a good looking wheel. If you decide to upgrade to disk brakes on the rear the maximum backspace with the magnums will be 5 inch because they are a dropcentre rim. Anymore than 5 inch you will hit the calliper I found out the hard way. I hope you are fitting the tyres with the white letters on the inside. I bought a new set of magnums about 7 years ago they started showing signs of rust about 2 years ago and are slowly getting worse. I wipe oil on them now. Cragar make 15 inch magnums with alloy centre and the rim is not a drop centre, this means they have longer spokes. Look good in photos not seen in real life. I will make a few more attempts to post pictures before I start nagging you. Thanks for offer.

Thanks for your advice about the backspacing and oiling. Like you, I have seen those Cragar M500's for sale on the net, but not in person. They do look pretty good.
I don't know what it is about the Convo's that everybody likes so much. Sure they are a good looking wheel, but they seem out of place on a Charger.
To me, my car just doesn't look 'right' yet. When people see my car the first thing they say is "I love your wheels", and I reply with, "You wanna buy them?"
I am a big fan of the white letter tyres, so they will be facing outwards. When I get a '69, I'll go for Redlines or Whitewalls. The BFG white letter were a cheaper option at this point so I was happy to go with them.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

don duick

yeah your right convos look s@#$ on a charger I was  being polite. Get a red wall put onto your bfgs. If you are counting chargers don't count mine, my brother has already told you about my 2. Also have another 70 painted the Australian limelight. That has sat in the shed for 11 years and never been registered.

TPR

Cool, so you are Sneezi's brother. That makes sense. The current tally stands at 181 then.
Never thought about painting a redline on one side and having the white letters on the other.
A mate of mine just painted whitewalls on his motorbike tyres. Could be a good option to occasionally change around for a bit of variety.
TPR
www.tr440.com

polywideblock

i'v got a set of the cragar magnums 15x7   15 x 8 fitted with t/a's (from American republic) they look great ,I to am a fan of white walls , redlines and white letters mine are on the outside  :yesnod:

lots of second gen chargers over here , where are all the 3rd gen and 1st gen  cars ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

fy469rtse

A friend of mine has a 69 bronze trac pack car 4 speed rt , I will ask him to get it out and see if he will let me post a photo here, not seen by anyone, so that's another one,

dodgey68

sorry repost pic, but these are the other ones
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

TPR

Quote from: dodgey68 on January 07, 2014, 09:19:53 PM
sorry repost pic, but these are the other ones

I have accounted for both of those other cars, but I haven't seen that pic before. Great shot.
TPR
www.tr440.com

TPR

Hey Don. I gave you the wrong date for All American Day, it's Sunday 19th of Jan. I think I previously told you it was the 18th.
TPR
www.tr440.com

don duick

ok got it. I guessed so as they are always sunday.
Is it difficult to put instructions on how to post pictures? I t says that my photos are too big yet with my computer there is no way I can make them any smaller.

polywideblock

I just use photo bucket ,then you don't have to resize  your pics

don duick

I tried photobucket could not work it out will try again thanks.

polywideblock

download your pics go to library and mouse over pic at top right a cog wheel appears go to get link,  at bottom is image click on it and it will say copied ,go to DC .com and make your post and just click paste where you want it . took a couple of goes to get it right but all works great now .sorry for long winded description    :cheers:

don duick

thanks will give it a try.  Any chance of posting a picture of one of your cragar magnums ? 

polywideblock

don duick

Chippa

My Girl here in the West.... :cheers:

don duick

don duick

don duick

TPR

Good to see you've worked it out Don. They are both looking very nice.
It's amazing how much a black roof and magnums can change the look of a car. The painted top looks fine. It's now looking like a '70 version of mine.
The green one is also looking pretty sharp.
Your pics on photobucket also help me account for one, possibly two sold by American Used.
Is the blue one with the black side scoop now the blue one with black roof?
Was the original colour of the green one blue with M500's and firehawk tyres or red with steelies?
TPR
www.tr440.com

don duick

to tim

yes the blue one was bought from American used. you are right it is the blue one with the black scoops. The green one was in primer and pulled to pieces total basket case when I bought it in 2003. It was faded red when it first came in. I think it got here around 2000 or 2001.  Rob Rodes was the first owner. {his name is still on the inside of the front valance panel} He tracked me down and wanted to buy it back about 5 or 6 years ago.

don duick

nice red 69 chippa. I also had a red 69 nowhere near as good as yours. It is now a general lee.

Darkman

TPR, if you decide to sell the convo pros let me know. I am after a set for my charger.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

TPR

Quote from: Darkman on January 14, 2014, 08:08:03 PM
TPR, if you decide to sell the convo pros let me know. I am after a set for my charger.

I haven't forgotten about you Darkman, I'll PM you soon.
TPR
www.tr440.com