News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian members

Started by fy469rtse, November 19, 2013, 05:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosco

Hey guys, I'm Owen.
I live down in Gippsland in Victoria.
I'm guessing I'm on the younger end of the age range of this forum, at 23. I know there's a couple other young guys on here, but not in Oz I don't think?
Been a member, lurking the boards on and off for years now, but not really active 'til I was able to turn idle daydream into reality and buy my Charger earlier this year.
'69 Charger. Not an R/T or anything special. Still in the strip down phase, motor should out this week, depending how much free time I've got after work of course.

Quote from: bbody68 on November 22, 2013, 09:43:54 PM
Hi , i'm on the Gold Coast and have a 68. Here is a photo with my son at the wheel on his L plates.
Cheers Brad.

I wish I could've driven a Charger on my L's! I got to learn in my Mum's clapped out old mazda station wagon!
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

Fred

Quote from: TPR on November 24, 2013, 04:40:37 AM
You're probably right Mick. I have just remembered another Aussie, who is a member on this board, that owns/has owned at least one real Lee and one replica Lee.
I had a photo (not digital) of his replica from the late '90's, I must try and find it. I never saw his real Lee.
I am unsure what the status of his ownership is at the moment. I'll have to dredge through the board to find out, as he hasn't posted in this thread.
So far I have ten Generals on the list, but I'll add these two more.

By the way, can anyone shed any light on these two cars (in the background) from the "Gasolene USA v Aust Expo Royal Exhibition Buildings July 12 to 14 - 2013," VIC I presume:
One looks like yours Fred, but you don't have white interior do you?
Cheers,

TPR

No, mine's all black.   Didn't go to that show either, I'm really slacking off.  So I'm afraid I can't help. I'll have to get my act together.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

sneezi

That black 68 charger in the background is possibly a mate of mine in melb,
it has a blown bigblock in it. His full name is 2 letters off my name and sounds
almost the same as mine (coincidental) .

I had so many photos of chargers on my old computer which got taken over
by a serious virus, i could not recover anything.

fy469rtse

TPR there's a few on the Shannon's club web site too

TPR

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 25, 2013, 04:07:15 PM
TPR there's a few on the Shannon's club web site too

If you sign up, do you get better access to the pictures, or is it just the same as a non member.
It's odd because as a non member I can see most pictures, but not all of them.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TPR

Ok, I have created a document with 165 Aussie owned Dodge Chargers in it.
If you are interested in helping identify some of them, PM me and I'll send you a .PDF.
Thanks Guys,
TPR
www.tr440.com

fy469rtse

Yes sorry mate , yes you have to sign up, but last time I looked was about 5 or 6 2 nd gen chargers on there and a couple of 1st's as well

Fred

Quote from: TPR on November 23, 2013, 07:14:03 AM

Fred, I went through those COTM images and noticed a few that I had previously missed. Also, I was not aware of the show at Flemington so thanks for the link.

So that makes it 155 Chargers in Oz so far.

TPR

Tim did you check out    http://www.60samcc.com/Caribbean13/index.html    Only a relatively small show but spotted several chargers.

MaxE48

Hi, Max from Canberra, I have a 400ci 1970 R/T Charger clone. I imported the car from North Carolina in 2011.

TPR

Quote from: Fred on November 28, 2013, 02:13:42 AM
Quote from: TPR on November 23, 2013, 07:14:03 AM

Fred, I went through those COTM images and noticed a few that I had previously missed. Also, I was not aware of the show at Flemington so thanks for the link.

So that makes it 155 Chargers in Oz so far.

TPR

Tim did you check out    http://www.60samcc.com/Caribbean13/index.html    Only a relatively small show but spotted several chargers.

Thanks again Fred. Added one more.
www.tr440.com

TPR

Quote from: MaxE48 on November 28, 2013, 05:19:16 AM
Hi, Max from Canberra, I have a 400ci 1970 R/T Charger clone. I imported the car from North Carolina in 2011.

G'day Max.
I'm pretty sure I saw your car at the Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek last year???
Very nice.
TPR
www.tr440.com

MaxE48

Quote from: TPR on November 28, 2013, 05:28:13 AM
Quote from: MaxE48 on November 28, 2013, 05:19:16 AM

G'day Max.
I'm pretty sure I saw your car at the Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek last year???
Very nice.
TPR
If its the orange one, that would be me. Should be at COTM next year. I think there are a couple of pics of it from last years show on this thread. Its the one with the rebel flag on the back window.

fy469rtse

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 23, 2013, 02:31:28 AM
There is a couple of Sydney members on the 70 charger registry, don't know if there here.
Back in the 80's when cars had to be right hand drive i remember having known a list of aprox 20 right hand 68-70 Chargers in Sydney.
Who knows where they all are now.
Steve could you post some photos of your seat belt droppers and what you had to do by law for rears as well,
Mine a 69 and like the look and comfort ( off your neck ) of those droppers

charger Downunder

[/quote]

fy469rtse

Thanks Steve,
just got to this point and as usual many opinions to what you have to do to be road legal and thats just from the authoritys, let alone car guys

Fred

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 08, 2013, 04:18:39 PM
Thanks Steve,
just got to this point and as usual many opinions to what you have to do to be road legal and thats just from the authoritys, let alone car guys

It's the authorities you need to listen to.   :icon_smile_big:   :cheers:

fy469rtse

thanks fred, that is the authoritys, it changes for 69 onwards , easier on 68's like yours

Fred

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 09, 2013, 12:40:58 AM
thanks fred, that is the authoritys, it changes for 69 onwards , easier on 68's like yours

Yes I know  :icon_smile_big:  I had a hell of a time pleasing the engineer with my 70 Cuda.  :eek2:

don duick

to Tim {tpr}

got your e mail this is the first time I have read this thread. I have seen your car when it belonged to troy saw it at harry's  real nice I was thinking of painting mine b3 but went for b5 which was  the original colour. {not that I care about originality} thinking of changing it to yellow or hemi orange. been to all American day from 1981 to 1986 and 2001. Always been meaning to go but keep on forgetting but now you have told me the date will make an effort. I remember in 1981 there were 2 68 hemi chargers a black one (kevin monk) and a white one with black top real nice and registered, it was for sale at $20,000 and no takers ! not sure if genuine hemi but definitely had hemi motor. The other 2 chargers I have seen was downunder's  hemi orange 70 charger back in the early 80 s when he was a young lad was really impressive and the only charger that got out and about. also saw a yellow and black 70 charger in the carpark at Castlereagh drags in 1980. It looked like new.
might see you at castle towers if not too hot, I think that might be one of the reasons why I haven't bothered going. they usually fall on a extremely hot day.

cheers
Don

TPR

Hey Don, good to hear from you.

Yep, mine belonged to Troy. I picked it up about six months ago and I'm pretty damn happy with it. B5 is one of my favourite Mopar colours, they always look good, especially with a black vinyl roof I reckon. As a matter of fact, see my pics, this wouldn't happen to be your ride is it? I took it at the Mopar Rumble 2012. I'm taking a guess from how you've described it, and by the number plate.

I didn't know All American Day had been going that long. I first went in the late nineties, before the mall was extended and I pretty much go every year now. You are right, it gets very hot at that show and the glare off the concrete is killer. I find it tough as a spectator to stay for a long period of time, so it will be a challenge this year when I go for the first time in the '68. Hopefully it won't be too hot, or I'll have to seek refuge in the mall. Charger Downunder is often at this show too.

I wonder where those Hemi Chargers are today? I didn't know Kevin Monk had another Charger apart from that Daytona? I remember seeing the Daytona when it was dark blue, but didn't know he had more.

Did you head out to the Rumble this year? The rain kept me away the first time and I had to go to a wedding when it was rescheduled.

Anyway, there are plenty of us Aussies on the board, so post up often.

I've also added a pic of mine from last year when you would have seen it at Harry's.
See you around.
TPR
www.tr440.com

don duick

yep that's mine I went to the second rumble 2013, was  disappointing lucky you missed it. I didn't go to the first one. as I was ready to leave it started raining so I didn't bother. since that photo I have new motor changed wheels to magnums and painted the roof and interior satin black. Going to the rumble was not a total waste of time as the Shannons rep was there and got my car valued. They uped the insured value from 20,000 to 32,000 with no extra change to premium. 32 for a poverty pak bench seat model {XH} gives some indication of what chargers are worth. Im guessing yours should be double.

dodgey68

i just found this,,
yep adrian from central vic area
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

dodgey68

Quote from: dodgey68 on January 06, 2014, 06:43:05 PM
i just found this,,
yep adrian from central vic area
also there are  more in this area,
1  red/black vinyl roof,,68,,,
1 black/ black vinyl roof,,68,,,
1 blue/ black vinyl roof..68,,  383
1 burgandyish/black vinyl roof,,68,,, 440 with bottom end issues
and 1 68,,unfinished in a shed , probly never get done that one
and 1 69 general lee, rare that it ever comes out
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

TPR

As a matter of fact, a similar thing occurred at All Chrysler Day this year. I spoke to the Shannons rep there and upped the value of mine another $7k from the purchase price at a cost of $3 more per month.
You have a great looking car there Don. I have seen plenty of terrible looking 70's with $45k price tags, yours would be worth $32k easily. If you need help posting current pics just let me know.
Speaking of M500's, I just picked up a new set and some BFG's today. I was hoping to put them on this weekend but I'm still waiting on lug nuts.  :brickwall:
TPR
www.tr440.com

TPR

That's a great shot of your car Adrian. I remember following your progress, you've done an awesome job on it.
I am aware of quite a few Chargers in your state, you seem to have most of them. I will have to go back through my pics to see which ones I can account for from what you've mentioned.
TPR
www.tr440.com