News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Australian members

Started by fy469rtse, November 19, 2013, 05:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Australian members, it's time we introduce ourselfs and post your cars, the guys on here are a great group and help each other out, we need to do the same, I know a handful of guys locally,
Shared knowledge and experience, and in person if needed

polywideblock

g'day mate   ,think most of us ozzy members have already  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Darkman

Hi y'all....

Name's Darko (AKA Darkman). I live in the outskirts of Adelaide South Australia

Here is my ride when I got it

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

fy469rtse

Hi guy's , I'm Geoff and from Melbourne Victoria, sorry guy's late to the party on here, but great site , lots of help, good guy's
looks like a good starting point Darko, 1 guy I know , oh really three with 68's and 69's over near you , one in larg's bay nice 68 RT triple green car originally, another 69 b5 blues big block white hat special ,
if you want to see my car started a thread on it ,
but yours is , was a very nice complete starting point,

bullitt440

G'day, I'm Scott from Qld, south of Brisbane. 

My brother and I have had a '68 for a few months and are preparing to get it on the road.  We have a car and boat to sell first, to help finance a partial resto.  We're initially planning on getting it to a driveable and presentable state and just enjoying the 440 experience  :yesnod:

I can count the number of 68's I've seen over here on one hand, so we're looking forward to adding another one to a rare species.   :2thumbs:

fy469rtse

nice solid looking car , good starting point

Fred

Hello one and all. In case any of you don't know me (because I keep myself to myself)..........I'm Fred.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

well seeing as we're getting all formal and such  :wave: i'm phil

i'm on the nsw north central coast or is that the south mid north coast  :scratchchin:

my  pair of trouble makers are in my avatar and signature

bullitt440

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 20, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
nice solid looking car , good starting point

It has the usual rust issues, including the boot pan and the drivers front floor.  Structurally though, it appears to be very solid.  Getting all the cancer removed is priority number 1. 

charger Downunder

I'm from Sydney purchased my car in 1982 at a young age of 16 learn't to drive in it and still have it today.
A few pics

When i was a lot younger. What a life i had being a young kid with a car like this.
[/quote]

remta1

I live on an island off Australia does that count  :shruggy:

polywideblock

the rest of the world don't seem to be able to tell the difference    :cheers:

TPR

I'll chime in, I'm Tim from Sydney.
I have posted quite a few pics in the "Got a pic of your Charger?" thread, but here's one I haven't posted yet:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

TPR

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 21, 2013, 03:09:54 AM

When i was a lot younger. What a life i had being a young kid with a car like this.

Those are some great 'back in the day' photos Steve. Never thought I'd see P plates on a Charger!
TPR
www.tr440.com

TPR

It's interesting that you've started this thread Geoff, as I recently went through thousands of old image files I had collected, to try to estimate how many 2nd Gen's we have here in Australia.
A kind of 'Dodge Chargers In Australia Registry' so to speak.
To date, I can account for 126 roadworthy examples. See the screenshot below.
I have removed the information that contains names of owners and license plate numbers, and I have also collected information on prices that they were selling/sold for.
The blank spots you see, are cars that I know of, but do not have a picture of.
I am guessing that there is probably about the same amount again in junkers and cars that I am not even aware of because their sitting in the dark in someone's shed.
If you can add to my list, please let me know.
TPR
www.tr440.com

polywideblock

very cool   but what about the first and third gen cars  :shruggy:

fy469rtse

My bad, yes N Z very welcome, part of Australia, we fought along side of each other in quite a few world event's,  quite a list already,
geez learner and getting to learn in that  :drool5:
yes TPR watched as you were going through the buying process, nice car

Fred

I wonder if we have any members from Tasmania?  :scratchchin:

fy469rtse

nice list tpr add five of mine to that number 4 69's 1 68 , will get photo's to add to this

Laxy

I'm Andrew from Perth, I've spammed plenty of pics of my '68 on here so you all have probably seen it at some point.

That is an awesome collection of pics you've got there TPR (I recognise a few!), I've always wondered how many are over here. I'll have a closer look and see if I can add to it.

Bullitt440, your '68 looks like a great start and loving the wheels!

Also, I'm in awe of a '70 Charger on P Plates - definitely never seen that before.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Fred

Are you guys able to make the collection pics bigger? I can barely see them without using binoculars!

I've also never seen P plates on a charger or any mopar for that matter.

fy469rtse

Theres quite a few members on here from aust that just look,
trying to inspire some of them to post there cars, 1 guy I know ,
spoke to him recently and he has three chargers, but has never posted,
even to ask a question if he needs help ,
I myself have twomore to do after this one,
high optioned 70 and another 68 , gold on gold RT,

charger Downunder

Quote from: Fred on November 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM
Are you guys able to make the collection pics bigger? I can barely see them without using binoculars!

I wish i had of got a few pics years ago with the L plates. Back then you only had to have them for three months.
[/quote]

fy469rtse

I never wore them , or P Plates , learnt in a 63 dodge phoenix 318 poly that my dad thought would keep me out of trouble, ended up working on that engine and learning to make it breathe, and upped the comp, stall , locker diff ,
your showing your age, but different world back then

Fred

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 21, 2013, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Fred on November 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM

I wish i had of got a few pics years ago with the L plates. Back then you only had to have them for three months.

It's not something you think of at the time is it?   Mostly the pics are about you and your wheels.
But I think what we're getting at is that it's rare that any of us would have been lucky enough to own a charger way back then and at such a young age.