News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Superbird in Western Australia

Started by Laxy, November 19, 2013, 12:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxy

Spotted this at a high-end/exotic car show in Perth on Sunday - was the only Mopar in attendance but what a way to fly the flag! Apparently a recent import.

Appears to be 440, column auto and black interior... and looks in absolutely mint condition. The cars were taped off so that's all the details I could gather sorry.

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

hemi68charger

Sweet !!!

Man, that's Perth !!!??? I need to inquire about a transfer, Chevron has offices there..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Laxy

Yep Chevron have a huge presence here. Plus we have awesome sunny weather, best beaches in Oz and a very healthy local Mopar scene.  :icon_smile_big:

And now... a Sublime Superbird to top it all off!!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Laxy on November 19, 2013, 07:54:02 AM
Yep Chevron have a huge presence here. Plus we have awesome sunny weather, best beaches in Oz and a very healthy local Mopar scene.  :icon_smile_big:

I noticed the Vett in a right hand drive and the Bird and the Convert are left hand drive. Doesn't it mess you up with a left drive car in a right hand world?  A long time ago we had a right drive car at our dealership and I had to move it to another lot in traffic. That was the most "strange" ride ever for me...
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on November 19, 2013, 10:11:16 AM

I noticed the Vett in a right hand drive and the Bird and the Convert are left hand drive. Doesn't it mess you up with a left drive car in a right hand world?  A long time ago we had a right drive car at our dealership and I had to move it to another lot in traffic. That was the most "strange" ride ever for me...

Man Al, good eye !!!!

Maybe I need to transfer and bring my Daytona....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 19, 2013, 11:12:42 AM
Yep Chevron have a huge presence here. Plus we have awesome sunny weather, best beaches in Oz and a very healthy local Mopar scene.  :icon_smile_big:

I noticed the Vett in a right hand drive and the Bird and the Convert are left hand drive. Doesn't it mess you up with a left drive car in a right hand world?  A long time ago we had a right drive car at our dealership and I had to move it to another lot in traffic. That was the most "strange" ride ever for me...

Man Al, good eye !!!!

Yep Chevron have a huge presence here. Plus we have awesome sunny weather, best beaches in Oz and a very healthy local Mopar scene.  :icon_smile_big:

Maybe I need to transfer and bring my Daytona....  :icon_smile_big:

Troy, you'd be a left hand driver in a right hand driver world. :yesnod:

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

magnumauto

Well, That was my car for the last 23 years...I sold it to  gentleman in Perth in March of this year. It was kind of hard to see it again but great to see that it is still alive and well down under!!!!
The car is a numbers match 440 4 BBL, Auto on the column. Won 1st place at the 2011 Mopar nats with it!!!!!

more pictures at magnumautoresto.com

One good thing that happened from selling it is I had a gentleman from Oklahoma see it for sale, liked how we did it and brought me his FJ5/ white interior, Hemi, 4 Speed car to restore, so at least I still get to see one everyday again!!!!
yes, there are pictures of it on the above website also.

Laxy

My Charger is LHD, it's surprisingly easy to get used to driving it over here. I had some LHD practice after working in Boston for 6 months already - I just align the car to the left of the road/lane instead of the middle/right. Makes parallel parking waaaay easier sitting on the kerb side! Overtaking on country roads is difficult without a spotter in the passenger seat though.

Here's the full album from the show, had some super rare cars there and a real mix of Euro/US stuff:
http://s312.photobucket.com/user/Laxy_69/library/Celebration%20of%20the%20Motorcar%202013?sort=2&page=1

A couple more interesting cars:

Frank Sinatra bought this new:

4th XK120 ever made and only the first 100 were aluminium bodied (normally painted but this one has been modified - same owner for over 40 years):

One of the last Packards made (based on the Studebaker)

F40:

Aston Martin Lagonda - WTF!

Brand new McLaren:

Rare Lancia Delta Integrales (greatest rally car ever in my opinion!)

There were 3 Chrysler powered Facel Vegas (I think early Hemi):

Jensen CV8 - factory 383 Chrysler powered (this one is stroked and sounds awesome).

Genuine 427 AC Cobra, I had never seen one before and apparently this is the only one in West Oz:

First Bentley to race at LeMans and it also set a lap record:

Laxy

Quote from: magnumauto on November 19, 2013, 08:18:01 PM
Well, That was my car for the last 23 years...I sold it to  gentleman in Perth in March of this year. It was kind of hard to see it again but great to see that it is still alive and well down under!!!!
The car is a numbers match 440 4 BBL, Auto on the column. Won 1st place at the 2011 Mopar nats with it!!!!!

more pictures at magnumautoresto.com

One good thing that happened from selling it is I had a gentleman from Oklahoma see it for sale, liked how we did it and brought me his FJ5/ white interior, Hemi, 4 Speed car to restore, so at least I still get to see one everyday again!!!!
yes, there are pictures of it on the above website also.

Awesome!!! I was wondering if a member here knew of it or had owned it. Must be hard to see it on the other side of the world - it is leading a very pampered life though and is the only one of its type here.

magnumauto

They told me it would be the only one over there.
Good to see it enjoying company with so many other cool cars.
I think my wife thought I was having a heart attack when I opened this thread from the noise I made! That or she thought I saw a ghost(kind of did I guess)
Thanks for posting the pictures, Mark

MaxE48

I'm sure I saw this car last year for sale at Streetside Classics, North Carolina, while on holidays. I bought a 70 R/T clone from there in 2011.

magnumauto

No, not the same car.....I sold it myself directly to the new owner. It was never at a broker or classic car sales dealership. There are a few that are pretty much as this one is. Pretty popular combination.

Mark

loudmouthaussie

That at cottesloe beach? Nice bird! Been told theres a black daytona coming into brissy soon. Needs resto.
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

remta1

Bob T

Thanks for the pics Laxy  :2thumbs: The Lagonda is right out there by itself, not my bag , even the hubcaps are  :o

Only a problem at the McD's drivethru , oh and passing on the open road , you just get further back for a look or rely on the passenger  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Beautiful.
Best colour Plymouth ever brought out or at least, my favourite.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701